Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. unruhestifter

unruhestifter New Member

I'm Chris from England. I started following the Jets in 2009, I picked a random player from the draft and whoever took him was going to be my team for better or worse. At first after looking at the history of the team I thought I'd picked pretty well because it kinda matches my UK soccer team (not completely, the Jets have won the big game) but then the 2 seasons of deep playoff runs lured me into a false sense of security and I started being all brash with my brother (Green Bay)... so foolish.

I wanted to wait to join until my football knowledge improved because I'm still a bit of a ball watcher which means I don't pick up on a lot of other things but this thread inspired me to say hi.

2. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

God must hate you :grin:

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Sweet dude, another Arsenal fan around here...What a gamechanger move that was getting Ozil. Still not enough to win the league but getting closer

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hated you at first but not much now.

5. ChuteBoxeStomp

I was done with Wenger after the loss to Villa, then he pulls off deadline day magic getting Ozil. I'm still in shock and the best part was he chose arsenal over Man U.

Still need a world class striker to challenge for the league but watching Cazorla and Ozil together will be sweet. I'll be happy with top 3.

6. ScarletKnightJet

ScarletKnightJet New Member

I'm from Jersey...recently became a Jets fan as my family was split Giants/Jets. Always liked the Jets with Westerman (obviously) and always like the underdog. I ironically was Tebow for Halloween (also ironically) and all the Jets fans made me feel like I was one of them. Was the only person to pick the Jets in my office pool and they won, and I went undefeated. It was a sign. Weird story but hey...now for the first time in my life I want to beat Greg Schiano and am rooting for Geno Smith...still hating Doug Marrone though :metal:

7. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Im Matt..live in sparta, NJ. Junior at Montclair St.

Jet fan since i started watching the NFL at like age 7

8. SantanaThaGr8

SantanaThaGr8 New Member

I've been a member for a while but haven't been too active on the board during my time in the Marine Corps. Been a Jets fan forever. I will never forget when we were up 10-0 early in the 3rd quarter against the Broncos in the '99 AFC title game. I was going nuts, calling my friends and announcing "I can't believe we're going to the Super Bowl!!" My Dad just looked at me and said "I'm sorry." All these years later, I now know what he meant.

#68 SantanaThaGr8, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Depending on how the season goes, you will probably end up liking me, or hating me more than you first did.

Go Jets

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hi my name is junc, i am here to help all of you average fans to learn the game.

remember rule number 1 is stats are fantasy.

no really though, there are alot of new douchebags on the board. hopefully some of you work out, i would suggest you shut up for the first few games and figure out what makes sense and what doesnt before you start creating stupid threads like this one in the wrong forum. this belongs in off topic.

ok was that good abyz?

hopefully this doesnt go over as poorly as my first post in the new thread rules thread... oh man i felt like an asshole on that one. this time i am half kidding so i have that going for me.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  11. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

My daughter also attends Montclair St.!!:up:

Will be visiting her this coming Saturday.......!

12. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have been a Jets fan since about 83 when it first came on TV over here in the UK. Picked the jets cos they were playing the team my uncle liked ( Patriots ) so I could root against him. O'brien was my favorite player for ages.

Been avidly watching it for a long long time now, thank god for the internet. I used to have to wait 24 hours for the scores. Then it was the scored on the internet. Next was crappy radio, followed by streaming and now all games in HD LIVE!. Nice.

Been over to see the Jets twice. They lost both times :( the worst was going to Dallas for the thanksgiving game 6 years back and getting trashed whilst surrounded by drunk idiots.

Sad to see so many of you are US gooners ( thats Arsen*l ) supporters. Reading that comment about being done with Wenger after 1 game made me laugh. I think he has lost like 1 game in the last 20 or something. When he does eventually go you will miss him a lot.

Hoping for a season that shows we have players for the future. I have no expectations o us getting to the post season, but to be competitive and get better through the season would be good. Would be nice to see Geno show us something also.

13. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

I liked you because of that ridiculous profile pic you had awhile back...

Anyways, I would only watch the super bowls growing up. The first super bowl being the colts vs bears. I have been correct in guessing the super bowl winner ever since I picked the colts. I still remember when I picked the Giants beat the patriots. I only knew one player growing up, Brett Favre. When I started paying attention to football, I watched some games in 2008 with the Jets.

When Favre went to the Vikings and the Jets hired Rex and drafted Sanchez, I decided to become a Jets fan and started paying attention to football. I really appreciate the underdog status of this team, and hate the bandwagon status of most teams. That is probably why I dislike the Patriots.

#73 AK-JETS4Life, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Welcome man, you also have been with the site since 2002...Impressive

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'm guessing alot of new Jets fans are around, introduce yo self!

We got a big game this week...

16. Oslo Jets

Oslo Jets New Member

Hi guys!

A Norwegian Jets fan here. I love American sports, and ended up falling in love with three NY teams. Jets, Islanders, and Mets. Some might say, that was a bad choice. But I guess, they all can't continue to suck for ever!? :wink:

17. jchace1

jchace1 New Member

Hello everyone, Ive been a jets fan since birth (1993). Ive attended a few games including the AFC championship in Indy. I live in southeastern MA and attend umass dartmouth for engineering so im accustomed to constant ridicule.

Attached Files:

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Welcome new members. I look forward to reading your posts. Cheers!

19. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

LMAO. New TGG member welcoming new TGG members. Not a knock on you NC, just thought it was funny.

Welcome new TGG fans. This is a great board to learn more about your team. You will enjoy your stay for certain.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not THAT new. I've been around for 3-4 months now. Glad I gave you a laugh. Being Jets fans, we need all the humor we can get. ;)