Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Welcome to this forum, hope you kept the login details of your old one (just in case) :p:D:D

jet_engine1 likes this.
  2. jet_engine1

jet_engine1 New Member

JN has become insufferable

K'OB likes this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Welcome to our board. Glad to have you here. Looking forward to your posts. :)

4. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

Hi everyone. I'm a long time lurker and highly infrequent poster. Lost my interest in regularly watching games or keeping track of the Jets around 2014.

My son to whom I passed the misfortune of picking NYJ as his team has brought me back.

I am a fortunate soul.

Good to be home

Cman68, Poeman and Brook! like this.
  5. Brook!

welcome back my friend. This time, please stick around :)

cval likes this.
  6. CheeseSauce

CheeseSauce New Member

Sup peeps ! My name is RJ . Grew up in the Hudson Valley region . One of those weird Jets/Yankees fans . Currently live in FL(for almost 30 years now ) but my love for my teams has never faded .

westiedog1, Cman68, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I too am a Jets/Yankees fan and have lived in Florida for the last 20 years. Welcome aboard.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You're not alone - have been a Yankees and Jets fan my whole life, and carried that support to Colorado with me 25 years ago. Welcome aboard!

Brook! likes this.
  9. Brook!

Welcome to our board CS. Check out these Yankees threads in our board to join the conversation.

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/championship-series.98057/

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/2022-yankees-thread.95402/
    What took you to Colorado my friend? :)

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Back in the late 80s and early 90s I had travelled out here on business quite a bit. I always loved the West and dreamed about maybe living out here one day. After a few years of personal setbacks and difficulties, one of them being the erosion and ultimate divorce from my first wife, I accepted an early retirement offer from the company I worked for and headed out here to start over. It was a hard decision because I left my two kids and the rest of my family behind, but it was something I felt I had to do. Since arriving in July of 97 in Castle Rock, just south of Denver, I moved a few times, and met my current wife and we moved up into the mountains SW of Denver where we could have some land and some horses which we both love. I'll save the rest for the coming autobiography:p but after about 5 years moved again out to what is called the Western Slope, the west side of the Continental Divide and have been here ever since. Now we're getting ready to move again if we can find someone who wants to buy our place here.

Brook! likes this.
  11. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Don’t believe I ever introduced myself. I’m CJ, I live in Boston and I’m a Jets/Red Sox/Celtics fan. I started my football-watching days as a Patriots fan and changed fandoms when my favorite player (Curtis Martin) signed with the Jets, and have stayed ever since. I’m also a fan of horror, comedy, and video games

westiedog1, Poeman and Brook! like this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Makes sense, as a fan of comedy and horror the Jets fit perfectly while you get to create your own ending in the video games. And then real life intervenes.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  13. JetFanInNE

Yeah my whole life has been a horror lately but fortunately the Jets and video games have kept me semi-distracted. (Always figured the Jets would continue to add to the horror, yet here we are and I’m grateful for it!)

Poeman and KingRoach like this.
  14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Perfect time of the year for horror movies. I've been watching a lot with my gf this past month. Seen some decent ones on streaming platforms.

I saw "His House" on netflix last week. That was very good. Need to catch the latest Halloween movie

JetFanInNE likes this.
  15. JetFanInNE

I can’t say strongly enough, avoid the new Halloween at all cost. It was terrible! Michael Myers wasn’t in the movie until 50 minutes in

Poeman likes this.