Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

your mum has good taste!
    you simply cannot go wrong with a Toon.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Please don't hate me, new people. I mean well.

#42 abyzmul, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  3. bazblue80

bazblue80 New Member

Hi I'm baz from England. Went to my only nfl game which was the win & were in final regular season game against the bengals. Since then I've become a bigger jets fan by the day.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Wow amazing how many Jets fans we have in England...Good to have you on board

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He lies, abyzmul is a troublemaker. :smile:

6. Keelhaul

Keelhaul New Member

Long-time fan here as well. Originally from LI but now upstate.

I'm in the "hates Sanchez" camp. The only thing I hate more than Sanchez is the NY sports media. I don't mind Geno, but I think he'll need a couple years to develop and unfortunately people will be calling for his head well before then.

Outside of the QB and OLB positions, I actually think we have a decent (not great, but at least competitive) team... unfortunately those are probably the two most important positions. Safety is pretty weak too, but hey at least Eric Smith isn't back there.

7. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

My name is Mark I went to USC and I am 26 and I am from Southern Cal. I hope to make some nice friends here.

8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Killed it.:metal:

I live in Idaho, but I don't grow potatoes. I like french fries though.

9. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

New to the board, longtime fan. Posted on JI for a while, but it's blocked at my job now. This site looks really good, glad to join. Psyched for Geno, at least it isn't treading water (or worse) with Sanchez. No downside to playing Geno all season. If he bombs, then we take are in a position to maybe land guys like Clowney or Bridgewater. If he plays well, hope for the future and maybe even outside shot at wildcard this season (but unlikely).

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

heh, I figured you were more a mashed potatoes guy. Either way, you are good in my eyes. :lol:

11. NewYorkEveryThing

Staten Island here. Had an old account I made back in the early 2000's. I lost my AOL account for some reason so I had to create a new one around when we got tebow and remember posters joking that I signed up cause I was a tebow homer. Oh I wish that was the case.
    Do any of you guys ever feel like your the one jinxing the jets all these years? Sometimes I feel like if I was not a jet fan, that the jets would have another SB by now. I was not even born when we won it in 69...

12. IdiditMawae

IdiditMawae New Member

To be honest, I hardly remember it! First of all, I was just a kid. But more significantly, I'm sure that I assumed back then that I would see us in another one before I reached age 52! Oh, I do agree. Great name! lol

13. brex

brex New Member

Jim from Columbus, Ohio. Jet fan since 1983.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

14. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Im Declan and im one of a growing number of Jets fans here in Ireland. Lurk around here every day for real news not the bs im force fed by espn and the nfl network.
    Reason i quoted you guys is im just back from a two week holiday in Boca Raton which i absolutely loved before flying up to metlife for the preseason game against the giants. If i can put cash together im back there next summer enjoying the sun and parting locals from their cash in the hard rock hollywood poker games(so so soft)

#54 GreenWhiteandGold, Sep 4, 2013
  15. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Peace 2-Fingerz ALL!

Born in the Bronx, raised in Harlem & currently "imprisoned" in NJ:grin:(wif-ee born & raised here)! Enjoyed a small modicum of success in hoops, the diamond & on the gridiron (fr pee-wee to amateur level). Employed in the fin'l industry as well as a musician (coinciding with than exceeding my athletic pursuits the past 30+years) owning my own home recording studio.
    Been a severe Jet-Junkie (also hooked on Mets & Knicks) since '67 -& proud to have seen B'way Joe & Co. put a SB3 beat-down on the Dolts on a 13" B&W, rabbit-eared TV in Jan of '69! Have "paid my dues" mightily as a long-suffering, Jet-a-holic enduring YEARS of pain & heartache; ridiculed & embarrassed; teased , pleased & disgusted yet I soldier on hoping against HOPE I may 1 day see my JETS win 1 mo' SB b-4 my time is up!!

Lastly, my hair & eyes are brown & am in good physical shape! I like long walks thru the park bare-footed, picking fresh flowers & writing poetry! If you are interested, call me @ 999-888-7777 or email me @ UMustBStoopidCauseImKiddin@Sucka.com !:grin::lol:

Go JETS!!!!!!!!!!!

#55 Fightin'JetTitan, Sep 4, 2013
  16. ChuteBoxeStomp

Jets fan since 95. I was 13 and stuck with them through that whole season and been in love with the Jets every day since. I classify myself as an optimistic fan. Born and raised in CT now living in the memphis area.

Also love the Mets,Knicks,Devils, and The Arsenal.

COYG!

17. XmalcolmX

XmalcolmX Member

What a coincidence i grew up in boca raton born in new york. But i moved alllll the way to boston for northeastern. So many new yorkers in s. florida.

18. Jetsfanforlife

Jetsfanforlife Active Member

Lurking the boards for a some time now. A long time, hard core Jets fan. Born in Queens, raised in Long Island and now in CT. Used to sit outside the stadium as a kid and listen to the games at Shea. We were to poor to go inside.

The first Jets game I went to was the 1/99 playoff game against Denver at Mile High. Was living in Denver at the time and moved mountains to get playoff tickets in the nosebleed section to that game. Jets hadn't been in the playoffs for about 15 years and I wasn't going to miss the opportunity to witness them in a playoff game. Unfortunately it didn't end the way I hoped but I was hooked at watching my team on the field. Moved back to NY that year and put my name on the list for season tickets. Been a STH since 2009 with no regrets.

J-E-T-S Jets! Jets!! Jets!!!

19. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I am so happy to see you guys coming out of the woodwork. Last year, this place was crawling with the Tebow zealots. All the talk about "intangibles", "natural born leader", and "he just wins" was really tough on the psyche. I'm still in therapy, but I'm getting better. This thread is actually kind of cathartic. Thank you all. Maybe I can come over and spend a few weeks on your couch, and get to know your wife and kids? You know, now that we share a common bond? My mom says it's OK. PM me.

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Great point... It's almost as if all the new posters waited for the Te-Bots to clear out :lol: