Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. mark82

mark82 Active Member

How's it going guys?!

New poster here still on a high from last night, thought I'd sign up and try and get involved. I'm from Scotland and my first sport is soccer, massive fan of Celtic FC, so my NFL knowledge is far inferior.

I keep up to speed online as best as I can and catch as many games as possible, 9:25pm kick off for me last night. Anyway, hey! :D Go JETS! ✈️

ManchesterChris, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Chris,

Loved your intro. I am a die hard Galatasaray fan. From Turkey. But Kurdish. So a little complicated. I hope you are old enough to remember 1992 where we kicked United's ass and kicked them out of Champions League. I also hope you remember how we defeated Arsenal in UEFA final in 2000. We have some great posters from UK. @K'OB , @donkey @Leicester Jet @ukjetsfan @ConcordeChops just to name a few.

Make sure to PM me when you are here in 2020. Would love to host you and your son at our tailgate. And good luck this year against Liverpool. I kind of root for them this year. City saw glory a lot in the past few years. Let Liverpool see glory a little. Uh also, United fans hate Liverpool more than City remember? Lol .

mark82 likes this.
  3. Brook!

Hey Mark. Welcome aboard. See my post above. We have plenty of fans from UK. You will feel right at home. Celtic FC. Love your rivalry with Rangers. It is on my bucket list to watch a game between you guys. My other bucket list game is Boca vs River Plate in Argentina. That said, thanks for picking Jets as your team. In the end, brotherhood of Green and White right? :)

mark82 likes this.
  4. mark82

mark82 Active Member

Thanks mate! Yeah it's quite a rivalry with 'them'. We have had bragging rights for a good while and long may it continue.

Haha absolutely, green and white all the way!

Brook! likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Welcome ManchesterChris and mark82. I'm always glad to welcome new Jets fans The more the merrier. We are a passionate and sometimes cantankerous and contentious lot, but overall this is a great site with great posters.

Brook!, regan62072 and mark82 like this.
  6. Uscmike5524

Uscmike5524 New Member

Mike from Rancho Cucamonga CA here. Just became a fan when you drafted my boy Sam. Southern California Trojan fan for over 50 years.

I don't know if it's possible for any of you to know how badly he was coached in college. The sky's the limit for this young man!

NCJetsfan, Brook! and mark82 like this.
  7. Brook!

Welcome to the board Mike. I hope your boy Sam can make you proud. He is a great kid off the field. Expecting great things from him. Please try to post as much as you can. Welcome. :)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Welcome to the insanity that is being a Jets fan, Mike! I look forward to reading your posts.

Brook! likes this.
  9. onepissedoffjetfan1

onepissedoffjetfan1 New Member

ITS a honor to b here.. Guys can someone please tell me what to do.. Bring backjTodd bowles<<
    Most putrid display of football.. FROm the deepest part of my heart gho to hell Adam Gase.. IF their is any gratification FOr us this year..Hopefully something awful and embarrasing will happen to coach Gase... Exac tly the same respect he has for the fans.. EXCELLENT PREP SCUM!!

Brook! likes this.
  10. Brook!

Welcome. You will fit right in. Most of us hate Gase anyway. On top of that I hate Johnson brothers. :)

11. Leeds UK Jet

Leeds UK Jet New Member

I totally understand where you are coming from as being a Leeds fan I am in the same predicament. I am drawn to the Jets although I know they will be bad for me just like Leeds but the highs will be really good highs.

Brook! likes this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Don't do it man..... most of us were just born into this mess

Brook! and Leeds UK Jet like this.
  13. greenheart

greenheart Member

Hi all,

I've been "listening" to you guys for a while already, like a fly on the wall, but after what I saw yesterday evening I had to register and express myself, it really hurt, big time.

We've been living in NJ for 4 years, originally from Europe, die hard fan of the best soccer club in the world, and now I can't really explain why I root for the Jets, but I really do, and I know it's bad times, really bad, I am not blind, but can't change it. You change cars, wives, houses, religion, and even your effing face you can change, but the two things you can't change in this life are the sport clubs you root for and your biological family.

See you around guys!

/Greenheart

#533 greenheart, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  14. mark82

mark82 Active Member

I thought I was the only Celtic FC fan on this forum :D

Well said mate, we're in it for the long haul.

Brook! and greenheart like this.
  15. greenheart

greenheart Member

For the long haul, yeah no problem, but does it need to be embarrassing along the way? Hopefully not...

Brook! and mark82 like this.
  16. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Good to see so many new members. Welcome to our never ending suffering! :):):)

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

LIBERA TE TUTAMET EX INFERIS

18. Brook!

Welcome guys. I love how we have a lot of new soccer fans here. :)

19. greenheart

greenheart Member

Don't take me wrong, I love football too, gridiron football I mean, lol, I remember how I learned the rules, plays, etc. countless hours playing Joe Montana PC game in the early 90s...
    However, back in the day, growing up in Europe made it impossible to follow the NFL.

Bottom line, I love sports :D

Brook! likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

Welcome, one pissedoff! I'm sorry for you that you chose the Jets as the team to root for, but since you did, you should fit right in with the majority of us who are pissed off at the sorry level of Jets football for most of the last 50 years.