Week 8 - Bills @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 16, 2014.

1. shelbyblue

shelbyblue Member

Torched by Sammy Watkins.

2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Great contribution to the board.

3. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

When asked the question, what team do you hate the most? Most would think a Jets fan would say the Patriots, Dolphins and or the Giants.

I hate the Bills. I hate everything about them, and I hope we destroy them.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Interesting. The Bills have never really bothered me. I obviously consider them a rival, but not near as much as Miami or NE.

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I think I've grown to hate the Bills more these past few years because they've been so atrocious that I get really mad when they beat us or when their fans think they're hot shit. When it comes to the Dolphins it's just meh, they're mediocre. Whatever.

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I have a nice healthy hate for them. It goes back to the Marv Levy/Jim Kelly days. I still have nightmares of Andre Reed running free behind our secondary....They were an arrogant bunch too.

Nothing like the hate for the fish and pasts* tho. Nowadays it's not near the hate for the steelers and ravens either.

Losing this game would be a real bottom for me tho....going back to Kottite now.....

7. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Last home game for you was 27-20 where you won on a TD very late in the 4th quarter. Time before that was a blowout. Time before that was 28-24. I wouldnt really classify that as a "romping."

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

We always significantly outplay the Bills at home. Last year the score was close but the game wasn't. I think it was one of the only games we had over 500 yards, the only reason it was even remotely close was because of 20 penalties.

9. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Listen I'm a Rex supporter and I am trying to have something to believe in. So far the players stepping up their game and showing they can go 60 minutes with a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady team has kept my faith in Rex alive, but this is the near the end for me. If we lose to the Bills at Home after playing the way we did the past two games its most likely the end for me and Rex. I can understand losing to better competition, a team that simply has more talent than us, that's not Rex's fault. But losing to a team like Buffalo a division rival at home is inexcusable.

10. TheSHRIKE81

TheSHRIKE81 Member

I'm going to the game. Pretty psyched. Went to the Saints game last year, was the best of the year. Part of me hopes we keep losing to get a decent draft pick but I'm not convinced we won't just draft another defense lineman in the first round again.

Anyway, I hope we win this game. I'm looking forward to screaming my head off.

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The goal is always to win as many games as possible, especially at home against a divisional rival.
    so yes, scream that head off and enjoy the win!

12. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Exactly. He'll try drinkin and drunkin his way down the field until Mo squeezes his face and rips his head off.
    How can anyone take that team seriously?
    Their head coach, a supposed O-line guru, has worked his special magic to produce the worst O-line in the NFL, maybe of all time.
    When it comes to in game management he just stands there useless like a gigantic pillow, looking perplexed, oblivious to where he is or even that he should be somewhere.
    When he was hired he said he was going to get assistants with lots of NFL experience. The next day he hired his 13 year old sidekick bumboy as OC.
    Their FO is a total joke. When asked what he saw in EJ The Bust Manual Doug Whaley said it was his "presence".
    WTF! How about can he throw a football? Which obviously he can't and never will.
    Jets 31
    Bills 13.

13. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Geno is doing exactly what he should be doing.
    Learning the hard way.
    Geno will be good.
    JMO.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

The thing is if the Jets move more DB's daring the Bills to run then the run does become more effective. Part of the reason the Jets are good against the run is the LB play..take an LB or two out of the picture and the run defense suffers.

15. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Which is the point, you do what you feel your strength is. If you believe your strength is running then you run first to set up the pass. The Bills before the injuries considered the running game to be their strength (mostly due to QB play), but with their two top RB's out they may not view that as their strength going in to the game.
    It may be an over simplification, but it's true....people do what they believe they're best at. The question is do the Bills still think that's their strong point?

16. KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I can't understand how some of you can think this "should" be an easy win for the Jets. This should be a tough game. The Bills are what their record says they are and the Jets are better than their record. The Jets front 7 on D is awesome. The Bills O line is terrible. Kyle Orton is playing like an average QB. The Bills front 7 on D is awesome. The Jets O line isn't Bills bad, but they are bad. Geno is the worst starting QB in the league. The Bills have better receivers and a better defensive backfield. The Jets have better RB's due to injury to Jackson and Spiller. Overall, the Bills are slightly better. The Jets are favored because they are at home.

This game will come down to who hurts themselves the least. Penalties are an issue for both teams. I think it'll be close but the Jets will lose because of Geno. Turnovers will decide this game.

Bills - 26
    Jets - 16

Also, F the Pats*!

17. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

This has been the fairest assessment so far of the upcoming game.

I personally believe that the Jets are a better team, but performances over the past 7 games have shown that the Bills have played like a slightly better team. I guess we'll find out on Sunday.

18. KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

The Jets very well could be better. They are both built similarly. Should be a fun physical game to watch.

NYJetsO12 and Axel3419 like this.
  19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member