Week 8 - Bills @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 16, 2014.

1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

We whoopin the bills ass. We handing out ass whoopings from now on. The terrorizing part of the schedule is over so we can breathe a sigh of relief kinda.. Not to mention we played really well in the last two... performances like that will be the bills, cheifs, dolphins, vikings, titans, etc. I'm excited moving forwards now we have a new edition we can start to really evaluate Geno fairly bc he has 3 legit receivers PLUS amaro is coming along oh so nicely... (and i was screaming Ebron all summer! HA!) Go save your job Rex!

nyjrkm06 likes this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Jets - Bills: Jets 24-20.

You can't make this up about "Dignity & Class" U. - this is beautiful:

Yep, Florida State served visiting recruits crab legs at Clemson game
    By Jerry Hinnen | College Football Writer

September 24, 2014 11:31 am ET
    [​IMG]
    Not the crab legs Florida State served to recruits at the Clemson game. (Getty Images)
    Just because, you know, we at the Eye on College Football have a generous spirit, and we feel like you would want to be aware of this sort of thing: Florida State served crab legs to its visiting recruits at halftime of the Clemson game.

Offensive lineman Matthew Burrell (Woodbridge, Va./CD Hylton), on an official visit at Florida State, helped himself to the spread of food at halftime of the Seminoles' game against Clemson, which featured crab legs ...

“One of the best parts of the visit was the food with the crab legs,” Burrell said.

Yes yes yes, Seminole fans, we know: crab legs (and other delicacies) are standard fare when it comes to offering recruits the reddest of red carpet treatments. No, this probably isn't (intentional) irony on the part of whoever put together the catering menu. Yes, if you want to ask "why is this news?", you can go ahead.

But Florida State was serving crab legs to its recruits at halftime of the Clemson game. That's not the sort of thing we can just keep to ourselves.

Topics: ACC, Florida State Seminoles, NCAAF

3. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

we can handle the bills O, its the weakest we've faced since oakland, especially with their RB's out.

but their D-line is one of the few as good as ours, this will be a good litmus test for absouhi's talents in particular.

4. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The Bills have a number of receiving weapons in Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, and Scott Chandler, so they have potential to hurt us through the air. The good news is without Jackson or Spiller, we will be able to blitz more without repercussions of being hurt by RB's catching the ball in space. I don't think this is going to be an easy game, but I am confident this will be Kyle Orton's worst game as a Bill, and I'd be willing to bet on that.

5. buffalo2214

buffalo2214 Member

Losing Jackson hurt more than losing Spiller up to this point. Spiller hasn't done much in either running or catching the ball. Bryce Brown will be the number 1 back this weekend and he's more of a combination of Jackson and Spiller. He's not one to overlook given he's faster than Jackson and more powerful than Spiller. This game is going to boil down to which team's O line can play better. The Jets D line is quite nasty as well as ours is. More than anything, let's hope for no injuries to either team.

6. JETSrealMCCOY!

You're right he shouldn't be overlooked and back-up RBs have done well against us just look at Oliver on SD. I think it will be a close game just hoping we "Jet Up"!!!

7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you, but we are a dumpster fire who just traded for a gallon of gas. It's going to get worse. I can't see how, but it will.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well TN if it gets to that, I'll just use that fire to grill a steak.

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

LOL make mine a ribeye well done.

10. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Your point about Orton having his worse day in a Bills uni is a good one. His O line is unable to protect him and they probably are at best below average in their zone blocking run game. Wilkerson and Richardson should be like two bears in a garbage dump with Orton wearing a hamburger uniform.
    Orton does not have his timing down with his young receivers and they are prone to making route running and other errors. He has zero mobility and he is forced to go thru progressions because of his unfamiliarity with his weapons.
    Spiller and Jackson are out. While their ability to execute is spotty they are both players who can easily make plays and burn you, forcing you to account for them and dedicate appropriate resources to shutting them down. With them out those resources can be reallocated because Brown and Dixon cannot bring the same big play capability to the Bills O if only because they haven't seen the field much.
    Bills run D has been good and their front four can bring pressure. Their secondary is suspect.
    For the Bills to have a chance Orton has to execute a very conservative gameplan that looks to establish the run and relies upon a short to intermediate passing game. Chandler and Watkins would have to be the principal players there.
    Their running game might actually have half a chance. Brown and Dixon have different skill sets but they are both quality backs. And they actually better fit in the kind of offence their coach seems to like than Spiller does. It's a power set with runs between and off tackle.
    Their receivers are accident prone due to inexperience but they are talented. Watkins has the makings of a star player.
    I think it's right to say this game boils down to how Kyle Orton plays and how his coordinator plans for the game. If their play calling is too aggressive, they will quickly come undone. I would expect a Jets blow out. If their gameplan on O is conservative they have a chance and I think we wound up with a close game.

11. MaximusD163

I doubt Buffalo will get much of anything going on the ground, our defensive line will eat up power runs. We should be able to blitz Orton as much as we want, I don't think his receivers are experienced enough with him to successfully make the proper adjustments for hot routes and such. Orton may be experienced enough to not throw picks, but I'd expect a lot of 3 and outs, especially since we're playing them in our house.

12. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

If we create a damn turnover we win

I've been watching football a long time, and I really can't understand why we consistently get no defensive turnovers. We have never been huge in turnovers even with Revis and Cro so I am stumped. Is it coaching? Is it luck? Is it about a ball hawk safety?

I am a big believer that the game is won from the ball outward. Meaning if you have dominant lines on both sides of the ball, you have a great chance to win.

As stout as our d line is, I can't figure out why we have so few turnovers.

If we get some, we win.

13. MaximusD163

We've had a number of dropped picks so far, but generally it's tougher to get interceptions in man coverage. We've played a bunch of good QB's as well, QB's who tend not to make as many mistakes. Rodgers, Rivers, Manning and Brady are all notoriously good about turnovers.

14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Good point sir

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Don't know who's going to win but I will be starting Watkins this week on FF.

16. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Sorry fer the spellin...was in a hurry to get to publix ta get the boys some crab leggs. ;)

BrowningNagle likes this.
  17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Plus we are a victim of our own success to a degree. Teams KNOW our front seven will be bringing the heat all game, leaving little or no time for long pass plays to develop. When preparing for the Jets teams put all their long pass plays to the back of the binder and bring all their short plays, screens, dump offs to the front.

Rex in return plays his DBs behind the WRs, giving up the short catch (and any chance of an INT), but allowing the DB to come up and kill the play the instant the ball is caught stopping any YAC.

Plus the few times our DBs had the ball in their hands they dropped it.

On run plays, most teams rely on a swarm defense to gang tackle, since they can't count on just one guy to do his job. Which means when a RB fumbles, there's 2-3 defensive players crashing the party and right there to make the recovery. Jets? Rex preaches 'swarming to the ball' but you rarely see it.....players know the D-line will stop the run all by themselves so when a ball pops out there's never another player around to fall on it.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

On this message board it helps to read the previous post quoted by the poster you quote in order to understand the point of such post. I thought it rather obvious that it is inaccurate to call the Bears, right now, an elite team, and that the comparison between Cutler and Orton, despite their shared history, is not currently one that favors Cutler.

As such I think being concerned is not unwarranted about Orton if someone was concerned enough about Cutler and the Bears to call them elite. No one talked about defecating in one's haberdashery.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I read this post 3 times over and I still don't know what the hell you are talking about. Also, I believe that has to be the first time the word "haberdashery" has been used on this forum and possibly by anyone in the 21st century as a whole.

dawinner127 and BuffaloPhysco like this.
  20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Did you read the post I quoted, my previous post, and the post I quoted in my previous post? If not, that explains your post. If so, the problem is more significant than that.

And sometimes words that are good words fall out of usage for no good reason. Or so I think.