Week 7 Jets @ Pats Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 12, 2014.

1. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Well the Pats have a weakness at the OL position first and foremost, if we are going to beat em we need to beat some of these rookies across the face, our personnel might not be there but press these receivers off the line, give Shell and Wilk maybe 3 seconds or so to get in there and rush a throw and we can have a game.

The offensive line can not put up another fucking stinker Geno was actually decent last game we had way too many drops and interior pressure it was rediculous, obviously Geno doesn't help at all in that aspect but interior pressure is hard to deal with. Keys to beating the Pats is establishing the run game, giving Geno some play action or a few easy throws as in Screens/Slants/etc. and making them run the ball a little bit especially after the Ridley loss.

tiger8mush likes this.
  2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'm actually more worried about their run game now. Vereen is twice the playmaker that Ridley is.

BacktoQueens and tiger8mush like this.
  3. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Perfect setup for butt fumble part deux, national tv embarassment against pats. Fate is cruel.

4. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Honestly if we gameplan to shut the running game down I have faith that we can do it, I rather the Pats run on us then Brady sitting back picking us apart though, tough game planning man thank god I'm not the coach off a short week.

5. N0samples

N0samples Guest

Would like to see Babin, rich, mo and Coples lined up all game with Allen at the nickle safety and Wilson on the outside instead of fake Revis.
    Put Harris on Babin's side and let Babin get back to the wide 9.

But Rex has problably tried this and knows if it'll work or not.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Only way we win this game is with less blitz packages. Philip Rivers picked us apart with all the blitz plays Rex was putting together. Brady will do exactly the same. We don't have a Cromartie or Revis to depend on anymore.

Gotta have a natural pass rush. If we have to rely on a constant blitz, we're doomed.

7. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

I think our run defense can contain Vereen. Plus they may give carries to bolden. The real risk is if they start throwing short passes to him, as he's a mismatch with our linebackers and can break big plays

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just checked the weather and the Jets caught a major break. Its gonna pourdown rain tonite at Foxboro so to all you atheists out there, yes, there is a God and he is indeed merciful. Now, our secondary won't be as exposed and the Patriots will be forced to play to our strengths, that would be our RunD. It also forces Geno to hand the ball off instead of throwing it and that's always a good thing for the Jets.

I actually love our chances to win tonight now. He may not be a Jets Fan, but God does have mercy sometimes..

BacktoQueens and Axel3419 like this.
  9. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

I've had a little bit to drink, so bear with me, but reading your post above, I just thought about how we could improve on the butt fumble and butt fumble 2 (geno's behind the back one), and this came to me:

We run a passing play, with Geno throwing to a wide open Ivory, but as usual Geno is under pressure, and overthrows Ivory by 5 yards. Meanwhile, in line with our 12 men on the field penalties this year, Kyle Wilson for some reason is on the field, possibly running from Rex who's trying to choke him for the previous defensive play, and Geno's wildly overthrown pass hits him square in the helmet, embedding the ball in it. Wilson gets confused and panics, since obviously he's never seen a football in front of him, and starts running upfield, in the wrong direction. With Jets' luck, the refs don't blow the whistle and let the play continue and someone starts playing circus music. Displaying his elite combine athleticism, Wilson actually manages to run past and around all the NE players, but still running upfield in the direction of the Jets' end zone. Seeing the NE players chasing Wilson, Geno realizes he must stop him to avoid a safety or worse, and not trusting his tackling skills, drop kicks Wilson, and again wildly misses due to pressure induced anxiety. He basically flies past Wilson, and knocks the ball out of Wilson's helmet with his butt while in midair, allowing a NE player to scoop it up and easily run it in for a touchdown. And that is Butt Fumble III.

Yeah, yeah, I shouldn't post tipsy, but I found this funny.

10. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

8 AM drink I'm jealous lol

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Well it is game day

12. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Barnes has been activated, Brady must die...

13. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

dont know about most people on this board, but in our tough 6 game stretch, this is the one I want the most. Even if it sets us back to 1-5 beating the pats is always great. especially if you live in boston

BacktoQueens and tiger8mush like this.
  14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I think I'm probably the only person making a big deal about Amaro. But that's because I have seen over the last couple of seasons how half decent TE's look like all-stars against the Pats, especially if thye can run the seam. Chandler for the Bills had 100 yds receiving this past week.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I think Brady's track record in bad weather throwing the ball is pretty impressive. I think the weather actually hurts the Jets. It could slow down their pass rush.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the tight ends given more emphasis in our Wr depleted offense esp Cumberland. But he too hasn't played particularly well when he's been targeted. No trick plays tonight please. These guys couldn't execute them anyways.

17. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Espn video for this thursday night game was this one kind of fun .

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think the rain and poor weather is advantage Patriots. You might think it would be in the Jets advantage because NEP has a high octane offense and the Jets don't and this could slow it down. But Brady has more experience dealing with the elements than Geno has. On top of that the Jets O can't execute under perfect weather conditions so then why should anything be different tonight. Patriots 31 Jets 13. It will be a game into the second quarter but as usual the opponent will score just before the end of the first half to pull away.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yes it's a myth that poor weather helps defenses. More times than not it's the opposite. The offense is the one that dictates the play and where the defense needs to react. Poor weather hurts the reacting more. Weather may keep the scores down overall so that's where the myth comes from, but the advantage heads towards the offense as the weather puts more pressure on the defense if that makes any sense.

20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Agree, but ultimately, in the NFL, no playoffs = Failure.