Week 6: Indianapolis Colts @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I don't think that throw was a matter of physical talent at all. He locked on to his first read early, then had to throw because of pressure, and could not step into the throw because of being hit by the inside pressure. It was a series of bad decisions over all. He needed to eat that or throw it away. Fitz make those type of throws pressured or not. Sam needs to learn when to take the loss and move on instead of letting a play breaking down turn into a boon for the other team.

ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  2. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

My mother-in-law lives in Chicago. We moved her from Brooklyn a few years ago to be near my brother-in-law. My wife goes to Chicago once a month to see her. You have my sympathies.

The Jets were a mixed bag yesterday. I thought the offense played better than the defense despite the takeaways. Except for the interception, I thought Darnold played very well. He seems to be getting better and better. Except for Ebron, Indy has very little offensive talent. Also, they were missing 2 OL starters, yet Jet pass defense got almost no pressure on the QB all game. The fact that the game was as close at is was is a testament to the talent of Andrew Luck.

Cman68 likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I was at the stadium so I didn't have a sky-high view of the field on every play, but I feel like we didn't blitz much at all. And that's one thing we know about this team as currently constructed... we probably aren't getting pressure if we aren't blitzing. Could that have something to do with missing Skrine and Johnson and having to rely on a rookie (Nickerson, who stunk) and a backup (Roberts, who didn't)? Who knows. But that should be brought up when talking about who the Colts were missing due to injury.

westiedog1 likes this.
  4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Great game to attend yesterday! Truth be told, I missed the pick-6 due to a late tailgate clean up and we were first walking to the gate. Pissed about that lol but I was in my seats for the rest of the game afterward. Not to mention the SBIII honoring was very cool.

Cman68 and westiedog1 like this.
  5. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree. Didn't see much blitzing on TV either, LOL. Also. agree it was probably a game plan to rush four and try to cover the receivers. However, don't agree in talking about missing players. The test is which team took better advantage of it. Feel Indy O took better advantage of Jets missing secondary than the Jets D taking advantage of the missing Indy OL.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

In an attempt to counter you are actually making my point. There are a handful of guys that CAN get that pass there even if they can’t step into the throw because of inside pressure. We agree that it should have been thrown away because Darnold is NOT one of those guys. That throw was no different than the one he threw to Herndon earlier. He “locked on to his read early” there too, your words, I prefer to say he identified the match up he liked early. The only difference was that there was no pressure; thus he was able to step into the throw giving Herndon a chance to catch it or knock it down. Anderson had no chance as his was SEVERELY under-thrown because of the reasons we’ve discussed. I don’t know why you are hung up on thinking that we think Darnold is physical limited. Having arm talent short of guys like Favre, Stafford, Mahomes...etc. is not a crime. It still means he’s got better or as good arm talent as the majority of QBs in the league.

#166 legler82, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018