Week 5- NY Jets @ Chargers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Sep 28, 2014.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Like Chris Johnson said after the game. The defense did play well at times but it was 100 degrees And the D was on the field the entire game almost no first downs on the O.He said it was mostly on the O.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You can stick your condescending attitude up your ass. I understood before what your point was, but I disagree that yardage allowed is superior as a metric to points allowed. Stop being such a douche.

3. Big Blocker

Heh. Well the next time the Jets play SD, it says here Smith will not be the Jets' Qb.

4. Big Blocker

Yeah. The best I can say for the D in that game was that they balanced the yardage allowed and points allowed metrics. heh. Good show, defense.

5. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a sucking like this since Deep Throat. And to think, last week we were complaining about getting in the red zone 7 times and not scoring. Oh those were the good ole days.

6. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Looking at the way the teams are going it won't be for at least 2 seasons that they play again. Hopefully it will be with a franchise QB.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I guess we shouldn't have booed yesterday's shit fest either. Can you imagine the reaction if that game had been played in MetLife? If Mo and Shelly had their feelings hurt before by the booing, they would have ran off the field crying after that SD game. All I know is, it doesn't get any easier even after Murderer's Row as Buffalo seems to be getting their act together and the reality is, there are no softies on our schedule.

The argument could be made that the softest team on our schedule the rest of the way is the Jets.

4jetfans likes this.
  8. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

NOW that was funny --- The Jets

9. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

The Patriots obituary may have been a little premature as well.

10. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I'm to the point where I cannot support this team anymore. It's a painful way to spend my Sunday's and hard earned $$$. This organization seems to lack the ability to draft and develop players and it starts from the top. If you have an owner who is more interested in sound bites and selling PSL's it will ultimately filter itself down the line. Our players seem "ok" with loosing. It's a culture that has been accepted and somewhat rewarded.

The lack of execution yesterday is a lack of effort and detail during the week of preparation. When I have business meetings with a potential customer scheduled a week in advance, you better bet you ass that I'm researching the hell out of the company and the people I will be interacting with. These are professional's, this is ultimatly on the (the players to execute the scheme, the coaches to game plan and devise a scheme to execute, the GM to work in collaboration with the coach and bring in talent that fits said coaches scheme and for the scouts to present potential talent to the GM).

This scheme is a defense first ideology.This has been evident by the utilization of our top draft picks recently. The problem is that we have an out of balance team talent wise on the offensive side of the ball. This puts even greater pressure on the defense to be truly eleite, and in today's NFL that's not happening.

It's gonaa be a long year guys...this looks like a 3-4 win team. Let's just hope we don't drat a CB or an OLB with our top 3 pick next year and don't spend 20 mill in available cap space again

11. Big Blocker

Yeah, Orton had a very good game for the Bills. And to think some of our know nothing so-called football fans here were snickering when I said the Jets should have tried to get him from the Cowboys.

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

You've quoted my posts probably half a dozen times in the last week or so. In every single one, you've either purposefully misconstrued/misrepresented part of my argument or simply misunderstood what I was writing. And for the record, the genesis of the perpetual condescension between us started in one of your posts, not mine. Deal with it.