Week 5: Jets at Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Oct 3, 2011.

1. 624

624 Banned

lol at this

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, too bad the Jets don't have the OC they had the last time they were in Foxboro.

Heh.

Hey I am not usually good at this sort of thing, but I think this will be a relatively low scoring game. No more than a total in the high thirties. Anyone one else think so?

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

[​IMG]

Seriously though, I could absolutely see us getting our ass kicked again this weekend. I hate to be pessimistic but for one of the first times in the Rex Ryan era I don't have much confidence in this team. Our OL has been atrocious and in all honesty I think our D has been a tad overrated based on a dominant performance over a bad Jaguars team. Last week looked a little better but when Baltimore decided to start running the ball we could not stop them and we knew what they were going to do. The only thing that overshadowed Flacco sucking was an even worse performance by Sanchez.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Remember. Defense did all the job in that game as well. Hell, the offense even fucked up on the defensive turnover (Harris INT straight into the redzone, squarely at 10 yard line) at the start of the game. Just what the hell are you talking about? Also, luck played huge part in that game too - Alge Crumpler dropping a sure TD in the endzone for instance.

Now, that defense, which shouldered most of the workload at that game, is not functioning like it's supposed to. That's where my pessimism stems from, since I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in this offense functioning like a unit at all, let alone scoring.

#324 Zach, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  5. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

6. Big Blocker

I think you overstate the case.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

We'll see this weekend. That's for sure.

I am betting Jets Offense will look like a total disaster that it is.

8. Big Blocker

If Sanchez doesn't get his head out of his ass you may be right.

Heh.

9. HOI

HOI Active Member

i feel if the Pats come out on their first offensive poss...march down and score in the no huddle on 7-8 plays then its going to be a long fucking day. If we cant even slow them down it going to get bad quickly. I have zero confidence that we will get the running game on track. It doesnt just magically re-appear bc Rex says it should. Getting mangold back might help but our run game ate shit before he left.

Sure the Pats pass D sucks but so does our QBs decsion making. Look...even if we play great defensively they are still going to put 21-28 points on us. Anyone here feel confident that our O can match that?

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

wat?

11. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Hello smashmouth offence, we've missed you......

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The Gilbert conversion is totally out of left field but we can all agree they need to do something to aid the blocking. I forms/split backs with 2/3 fuckin TEs, lots of pulling/trapping by the OL, roll outs, shit like that to help the breaking OL would be cool. Doubt we see any of it.

13. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

That was announced yesterday. Doubt he'll see many snaps, but maybe he can knock people down on goal line/short yardage plays.

14. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

http://twitter.com/#!/PFWErik

15. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

I completely disagree.

The pats d is far from special, and let up huge totals of yardage. There's people like you who dont realize what an Oline does- especially nick mangold. I dont know how you could not after the last two weeks. Many of the horrible offense is due to our Oline, and with Mangold back we should be able to protect Sanchez.

The pats defense is not putting pressure on the QB with 6 total sacks. They let up 400 passing yards to Chad Henne. And you dont think our Offense will be able to do something even close to that?

I think Sanchez will have a really good day, and I think our running game will too. I have a good feeling about this game and think the jets pull out with a win and think you are very wrong.

17. felker

felker Active Member

:metal::metal::metal:

18. felker

felker Active Member

If the trends hold the Jets get about 320 passing. Maybe less than 300 if either team is successful with their ground game.

If you look at the Pats numbers the passing yards allowed is going down each week.

Week 1: 416 Henne
    Week 2: 378 Rivers
    Week 3: 369 Fitzpatrick
    Week 4: 344 Campbell

19. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

And by week sixteen the Pats will allow 0 yards passing!

20. felker

felker Active Member

Week 18 gets to zero.

Yes, extrapolation is a dangerous thing. That's why the first word in my post is If.

Still it's not unreasonable to believe that the Pats should be able to improve in this area as the season goes on. When you have cratered movement in any direction is up.

#340 felker, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011