Week 4 from LONDON: New York Jets "@" Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyMaC, Sep 27, 2015.

?

Who wins at Wembley stadium?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2015.
  1. The Jets

73 vote(s)
    70.2%
  2. The Dolphins

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. British Jets fans.

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Whistling as a sign of disapproval is a Continental European thing - we boo.

Soccer fans will whistle at the end of a match if they think the ref should blow his whistle for full time, but that's different.

This weekend was one of the worst sporting weekends of my entire life. The England rugby team blew a decent lead and lost to Wales in the World Cup on Saturday evening, then the Jets played like morons against the Eagles. Next Saturday England have a chance to get back on track with a huge game against Australia, then on Sunday I'm taking my two sons to watch the Jets in London. It has the potential to be an all-time great sporting weekend, or the worst ever... I can hardly bare to think about it.

RexontheBeach likes this.
  2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Not much chance of that - soccer songs evolve over years and decades. Most Jets fans in the UK have never seen each other before. Most of us never even suspected there were other Jets fans in the country, so an attempt at a 'J-E-T-S-Jets-Jets-Jets' is probably as good as it's going to get.

But we'll make a lot of noise when the Fish have the ball and we'll go nuts when the Jets score.

Poeman likes this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It was when Muck Sanchez was here and it will be while Fitzpatrick is here. If there is no talent and you are withoutt substantial weapons, the blame cannot be put squarely on the QB.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They say hindsight is 20/20...

I was surprised out how the Jets came out against the Eagles.

I sure hope there's no more "White Out" games scheduled.

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

It was but Mark was polarizing and the main point was that Mark's accuracy and decision making is/was a separate issue from the lack of weapons. Same for Geno. But Fitzpatrick is getting all sorts of passes for playing like shit yesterday. Blaming everybody but Fitz for his poor play. I'm not accepting that excuse because for the most part even in the Sanchez era that wasn't an acceptable excuse.

6. dawinner127

I just don't think Fitz should bare ALL of the blame for the loss. It was more of a team loss, than just a Fitzpatrick loss. We couldn't run, throw, block or tackle. It's a culmination of everything. As poor as Fitz played, the two biggest plays were neither his fault. The Sproles touchdown followed by Marshalls fumble which led to them going up 17-0 were the two biggest plays in yesterdays loss.

7. The 1985er

Fitz played his role in helping us lose the game with his poor decisions, and bad throws. But the special teams gave up a TD, and the defense played poorly and Marshall made a silly play. So yes it was a team loss. But like I said in another thread based on past precedence I have to put this loss squarely on Fitz.

8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I think the jets need another statement win.. Another prime time game with all eyes on us.. another trap game vs a team that needs a W right now in the worst way after taking a loss to the jags and getting dismantled by a rival yesterday. If we lose this game we're in the same boat as them.. if we win we go into the bye week 3-1 with a healthy Decker Ivory and S H E L D O N returning week 5 vs a sorry Redskins @ Metlife... take it one game at a time Jets! Just win!

9. dawinner127

I'm so lost. How can you say it was a team loss, but yet you put the loss squarely on Fitz?????

10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Sorry if it was already said, but will this game be on national tv on Sunday?

11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

our big nasties havent shown up, our pass rush has been pretty non exsistant thus far. we just got embarassed up front by philly

12. The 1985er

Logically it's a team loss (like they all are) but since in the past QB's have been solely blamed for losses without taking into account everything else. So going by that set precedent I have to blame Fitz for this loss.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean Acad. No Monday morning QBing. I said it last week (Philly showing what they were capable of in the 2nd half vs. Atlanta). Also looking to get their RB on track. Turns out they did, only instead of Murray who sat out injured it was their other RB Matthews instead. And, fwiw, I made mention of their passes out in space vs. our pass coverage-challenged LBs. Matthews scored on one and there were two other TDs on wheel routes that were dropped:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/owusu-out-too.85030/page-2#post-3314815

I did like the unis though.

#93 joe, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

no dig, Joe.

I was hoping that Bowles cured us of coming out flat.

That and 50 cents gets you a cup of coffee.

Whoever and all that said it was a "trap game" were right.

Let's not see another.

joe likes this.
  15. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Yes. CBS.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Yes, CBS 9AM

NYJalltheway likes this.
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Got it, and couldn't agree more. Am surprised they didn't come out amped to a t.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Living in Asia I love the fact that the game starts at 9:30, Liverpool game at 8 on Sunday night against Everton and the Jets at 9:30. Most game start for me at 1 AM and when you guys change your clocks it rolls to 2 AM. Super Bowl usually kicks off at 6:30 AM

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I heard Geno sent Bowles a copy of week 17.

20. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Ive reached the point to wanting the jets to stomp us so philbin gets fired.....