Week 4 from LONDON: New York Jets "@" Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyMaC, Sep 27, 2015.

?

Who wins at Wembley stadium?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2015.
  1. The Jets

73 vote(s)
    70.2%
  2. The Dolphins

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. British Jets fans.

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Not all of us.

Some mentioned what they were capable of (their 2nd half against Atlanta) and how Sproles and Matthews in space vs. our slow LBs was a problem.

Looking forward, the Jets better get their running game going. I hear all about these depleted secondaries that they've faced the last two weeks (Colts, Philly) yet these same teams have felt comfortable enough to begin the game by loading the box against the run and to leave these supposedly depleted secondaries out to fend for themselves.

On defense, can the defense please produce a three and out stop instead of yielding these 80-90 yard opening drives? Wrapping up tackling-wise would be a good start.

Jets 24; Mia 20

#61 joe, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Its a big pretty big game for early in the year. Beat Miami and you're 3-1 going into the bye with all three wins coming in-conference, 1-0 in the division.. the Eagles loss doesn't hurt much at all since it came OOC. Lose to a reeling Miami team and you're 2-2, 0-1 in the division with the two considerably better teams in the division still left to play twice

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

I was disappointed that Bowles didn't make adjustments there. That was seriously about the only thing that was working for Philly in the passing game. If Bradford didn't suck and we didn't get lucky with dropped passes they might've had 2 more TDs with those plays easily. And they kept going back to it. It was the first time all year so far that I questioned Bowles' lack of in-game adjustment.

ajax, dawinner127 and The Dark Knight like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great points. It really is a big game. That is why the NFL is the best sport. It is Week 4 and you just laid out how important the game is. The two paths from winning or losing this single game really are different. Now I am a little worried. Haha.

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Based on matchups, I was optimistic for the Colts game and pessimistic for the Eagles game. From the second they announced Demarco was out I thought we'd have a tough time. He's exactly the type of runner we usually shut down, whereas Mathews/Sproles presented a legitimate threat, especially when matched up with linebackers. I'm optimistic this week. Miller is another one of those guys we usually take out of the game. Landry is their biggest threat and he's no big play guy whatsoever; he runs a 4.6 and somehow found a way to post 84 catches for only 758 yards last year. Just don't let him return a fucking punt. Other than that, I'll take our run D vs Miller and Revis/Cro/Skrine/Williams vs Landry/Parker/Matthews/Stills/Jennings all day. The only bad matchup is Cameron; we'll have to key in on him but we've actually quietly done a very good job on tight ends this season. Rex gave us a nice defensive blueprint yesterday by reminding us of how horrible Tannehill is under pressure. Take advantage of their bad (horrible) OL to get in his face and force him into turnovers.

They don't scare me defensively either. Wake vs Ferguson wouldn't normally be a good thing but Wake has been very limited by a hamstring injury this year, keeping him off the field on a lot of plays and invisible when he's on it. Suh vs Winters is the scariest thing I've seen all season. Obviously we need Mangold to help out there or we'll be in trouble. One of the biggest plays yesterday was the Fitz deflected interception right after we recovered the 4th quarter fumble, and it happened in part because Winters got beaten. He ruins everything. As long as Ivory and Decker are up, I don't have a problem with the offensive matchups, either. Marshall vs Grimes all day, especially since they won't be able to triple team him like Philly did. I really like what I saw out of Devin Smith, hopefully we can capitalize when he wins deep this week.

Last game (hopefully) without Sheldon!

Brook! and TonyMaC like this.
  6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I think this is a huge week for Bowles.

Teams have bad games, and honestly I was partially expecting this loss. Jets came in off of a nice emotional win, and the Eagles were desperate. Obviously, I would have loved to win, but these games happen.

Its how you recover from those losses. Bowles needs to have the team ready to play this Sunday and I think he will. Hopefully the Jets get healthy in the week off.

slimjasi and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

with a loss the QB chatter will get really big throughout the bye week too.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  8. The Dark Knight

Agreed here too. I'd say more than chatter if Fitzpatrick plays bad in London. They will go back to Geno during the BYE. He was their starter all offseason. If Fitzpatrick is (2-2) its not bad, but they would switch. Just how the Jets are.

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Biggest game of the season so far imo....

have a chance to go 3-0 in conf, 1-0 in division

have a chance to put Miami in a real bad place, 0-2 in division, and sent reeling into turmoil for their bye. could almost bury them here.

always great to win heading into the bye, reducing unnecessary chatter as mentioned above...

10. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I'm feeling good about this one. We're not perfect but Miami might be close to a legit meltdown.

11. BrowningNagle

IF there is a decision to switch back to Geno Smith to be made- the bye week after the London game is the time to make it IMO. You give Geno Smith extra time to prepare (or more time for going to the movies :p) and he comes out with a favorable home matchup vs. Washington that isn't going to take more than 17-20 points to win.

12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I only pull that trigger if Fitz does anywhere nearly as poorly as he did last sunday.

As is I expect a switch to happen at some point anyway bye or not, that was a preseason prediction of mine.

13. The Dark Knight

Right, but I don't feel a switch should be made at all. I'm still not convinced Fitzpatrick even played bad yesterday. The team was without its #1 RB and #2 WR. He made some nice throws. All 3 of his interceptions could be blamed on other players on offense. They were quickly down 10-0, 17-0 and 24-0, which was not due to Fitz, except for the lack of conversions on the offense trying to figure themselves out without Ivory/Decker.
    I agree. That is just how Jets seasons go. Not sure it should ever happen though, but it probably will.

Big Blocker likes this.
  14. joykilla

joykilla Member

Time to see what we have in Bowles. How will the team respond in London after a loss. I have a feeling this could be Philbin's last game as a coach of the Dolphins.

15. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

One doesn't boo. One's butler does. Top Hole! What! What!

Faux machine likes this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This is a tremendous game for us. I really don't know what to think. Miami lost on the road to Jax and got trounced by Buffalo at home. Playing in London, on a neutral field is a big plus, but man, I thought we were going to be able to physically punish a finesse Eagles team. We didn't dominate the trenches at all. We need to be able to smash Miami in the mouth from the get go; Do not let them get any confidence after two brutal, brutal games.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Lol at Fitz didn't play bad. And oh by the way fuck those excuses.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't think those are excuses. It clearly hurt our offensive productivity. When you are missing a guy who has accounted for 8% of our receptions and nearly 19% of our receiving yards, it is going to hurt. Do I think we beat the Eagles 7 or 8 out of 10 times, hell yes. Yesterday just wasn't our day. We played like ass in all facets of the game. We couldn't tackle, run, throw, or block yesterday.

19. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

He must be a Geno fan..LOL

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Lack of personnel was never an acceptable excuse before so why is it an excuse for Fitzpatrick? Let's be consistent.