Week 4 from LONDON: New York Jets "@" Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyMaC, Sep 27, 2015.

?

Who wins at Wembley stadium?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2015.
  1. The Jets

73 vote(s)
    70.2%
  2. The Dolphins

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. British Jets fans.

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Our WR's can beat their hobbled secondary as it stands, apparently their D-coordinator Coyle sucks the root and we took away their best positional coach Kacy Rodgers.

this is a poorly coached team with an exploitable defense, Fitz can get back on the saddle if that remains the case. BIG IF.

I've full confidence their offense will be relatively kept at bay by our D, we just need to keep them off the field and put points on the board.

we win or lose in the first half.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I don't think the Dolphins are good, but I also think they are better than they showed today. They got absolutely embarrassed. I think this will be a tough game.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  3. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Miami barely beat a horrendous Redskins team, lost to a horrendous Jaguars team and got embarrassed by a slightly above average Bills team. The evidence says the Dolphins aren't very good. If the Jets lose this one, I think we're in for a very mediocre to below average season ourselves.

Brook! and BigGreenUgly like this.
  4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

We all clamored and said how shitty the Eagles looked last week vs Dallas (and they were horrible) and pointed out their injuries and thought we'd win (hell, in my head I thought we'd steam roll them) and we looked awful.. Next week is still the Jets vs the Dolphins... Have to play the game.

ajax, Brook!, BigGreenUgly and 2 others like this.
  5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. How any fan could be confident in this game is beyond me. The Eagles were almost dead. All we had to do was take them out back and shoot them in the head. It was obvious from the get go that it wasn't happening. I'd like to pass it off on injuries and move on. If we are at full strength next week and shit the bed, it will be a long ass season.

TNJet and slimjasi like this.
  6. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Jets better beat Miami next Sunday

Maybe I'm just blinded by my hatred for them, but they sure look like they suck so far to me. I'm not one of those people who think the Jets are one of the top teams in the NFL, but they look like they're the better team to me. I have seen parts of 2 of their 3 games and they haven't been impressive at all. Only position I could say they have the edge is at QB, but their OLine has been trash so far and hasn't blocked well for Tanehill so far in the first 3 games. They could easily have been 0-3 right now

I would be disappointed if the Jets don't come back home 3-1

7. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

The difference to me between the 2 is coaching. Chip Kelly is a good football coach(whether people want to admit it or not). That is why I wasn't as confident as many others on this board going into today's game. I didn't care what their record said

Philbin, on the other hand, not that impressive of a coach

TNJet likes this.
  8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Must win if we want to be considered a threat or playoff squad

This exact game is the difference between a 7-9/8-8 squad vs a 10-6 contender

Old Jets or New Jets?

Lets go

nyjrkm06 likes this.
  9. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

I love our chances. Miami are seemingly always donned preseason champs and are garbage. Yeah i get it good defense and all but tannehill blows

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Miami sucks balls. The question is whether the Jets suck similar balls. The jury is still out.

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Rishard gon rape us

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Jeez things are not looking good in Miami....Miko Grimes, (Brent Grimes) wife was arrested today at the stadium and it was caught on video

http://news.yahoo.com/dolphins-cb-brent-grimes-wife-010927038.html

Witness tells me Miko Grimes got arrested right before the game. Says she tried to cross a police bike barricade and got tackled by cop.

— Adam Kuperstein (@AKuperstein) September 28, 2015
    The guy who shot the video of Miko Grimes on the ground says he saw her resisting the arrest, making the situation worse.

— Adam Kuperstein (@AKuperstein) September 28, 2015

greaser likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:D Funny, but this is the most honest and true analysis I have read so far.

Week 1 vs. the Redskins the Dolphins were terrible most of the game. Then lost in Jacksonville, then lost to the Bills today. They have been nothing but bad. They were definitely overrated in the Preseason, after the Suh signing.

Having said that, how will the Jets play them? We don't know.

14. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

yeah we've had success against a very good pass team at least.

I feel like we're a good team with with good coaching and a couple limitations to our passing game, while miami is a talented roster with bad coaching thats on a slippery slope to being a cellar dweller.

Bowles > Philbin right now, early as it is. I bet Fins fans agree, they know Bowles a lil bit.

a major weakness of ours was exposed vs Philly (cant win if Fitz has to play hero), but I feel like Miami's issues are more fundamental and crippling than ours.

wasn't there a miami fan posting around these parts? I'd act like to hear their opinion on their own team at this time...

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I could see this being a 16-13 type game. Wait, wasn't that the score of last year's embarrassing MNF loss where Rex wouldn't let Geno throw to stick it to Idzik?

Miami has been bad this year. We have certainly played better so far. But those same things were true heading into this week. Miami has an 8-8 type roster, my feeling is they aren't as bad as they played the first 3 games and that this will be a very close game. Having a healthy Decker and Ivory could be the difference. Vegas sees this as almost a toss up, we opened as 1 point favorites. If I gambled I would not go near this game with a 10 foot pole

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets could have won a convincing victory today and still get beaten by Miami. Divisional games, especially against Miami, are usually a different story than the rest of the season.

As far as jerseyjay with his "easy win for Miami" crap, way to keep your shitpost streak going, bro.

RexontheBeach and Freddy Mondo like this.
  17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think they were indeed fucking serious.

RochesterJet likes this.
  18. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

lol they were very serious.
    She's an idiot I remember her last year saying Decker sucked even after he just tore the Dolphins up for 200+ yards and manhandled her husband all game long.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Dolphins O-line has been really bad the first 3 weeks. Hopefully the Sons of Anarchy can bounce back this week and wreak havoc on them. The one Dolphins player I am worried about is Jarvis Landry. He is a fast WR. Jets clearly have problems with speedy guys like Sproles.

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Biggest difference between those two players is that Skrine will most likely cover Landry where Davis and Harris were trying to cover Sproles out of the backfield

The Dark Knight likes this.