Week 3: New York Jets @ Kansas City Chiefs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 16, 2016.

1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Defense should be playing press to the max and sending pressure almost every down from different places

Make Smith beat you over the top.....he's never been able to and KC doesn't have the targets to do it. Maclin and Kelce are nice players but it's more about Smith being a noodle arm QB

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I dont think the Chiefs know what big plays are.

3. JetLifeLo

All that dinking and dunking just going to get somebody killed by Pryor anyway... be my guest KC.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

how are we going to guard their TE over the middle?

also- Fitz has to protect the football if we are to win this. KC has some ball hawks on that D and usually wins by creating turnovers.

5. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

Marcus Peters worries me...he is a great CB who always seems to get picks...that said I think we will get to Alex Smith...

If Fitz doesn't turn the ball over I think we win...our dline will neutralize them...and I want to see Jordan Jenkins since he was the starter prior to getting injured...he might be a gem of a player given how good the dline is...

I hope the team maintains the intensity from the Bills game...cant remember a game where despite the other team scoring bombs we still looked very very confident and composed...

6. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I think (hope) Bowles isn't crazy enough to challenge Peters unless its a 1v1 situation and the throw is back shoulder to the outside where it goes oob if not caught.

On the positive side if KC looks at the Bills game and feels the D line didn't do much they'd be mistaken. The game plan clearly was to stay in their lane and not let TT beat them with his legs. It worked. Smith doesn't have the same elusiveness as TT so I think they'll come after him more but they still need to watch their lanes. I can see plays breaking down and Smith scrambling especially if Kelce is the only TE on the field and Charles isn't mobile enough to catch passes as a safety value.

Maclin never impressed me much. With Maclin's size its the perfect opportunity for Revis to finally play press cover with safety help. Smith is a dink and dunk rhythm passer, if they disrupt his timing by pressing Maclin they take away Smith's game. I don't know much about Conley, scouting report said he lit up the clock in 40 in combine but he doesn't play to his size. We'll see.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Buffalo may not be a good team but they have loyal and passionate fans at the Ralph.

I've already heard countless players from the Jets stating how crazy that stadium was on Thursday Night. Players like Marshall who's played in K.C with the Broncos mentioned how Buffalo on Thursday Night was as loud of a stadium he's ever played in. Nick Mangold considered it the loudest stadium he's ever seen and Buster Skrine and Fitzpatrick considered it as crazy of an atmosphere they've witnessed.

Kansas City may have a great home field advantage within Arrowhead Stadium but these Jets of 2016 now have the type of veteran leadership on offense to communicate with one another within hostile environments. We're a veteran group without question.

I'm actually excited and anxious to see how Fitzpatrick performs on the road with all of these offensive weapons against KC's secondary. K.C may be strong within their secondary but the Jets are absolutely loaded with offensive fire power in Marshall, Decker, Enunwa and Forte. Players such as Jalin and Powell can emerge as well. We're stacked on offense which still feels weird to say.

SonofDinger likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Remember this number and name: Tyreek Hill, #10. Plays Wr and Kr. This kid might be the fastest guy in the NFL. He actually looks faster than the kid that burned Revis.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Question is, will Alex Smith be able to get rid of the ball on time to burn us deep? I don't think he is as fast Tyrod and don't think big plays will happen. What I am scared of is Fitz throwing INT's and Jets fumbling the ball at least twice while on offense. If we play a mistake free game, we will win. Otherwise, 1-2 here we come.

10. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Provided Jamaal Charles is healthy, there are few running backs in the NFL as explosively quick and mobile as receiving threats. Newcomer Tyreek Hill is also a potential home run threat anytime he catches the ball with enough space to deke and go....

#130 Altoona, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

They're still not even sure if Charles will play and coming off a surgically repaired knee even if he does play he isn't going to be full go right out of the chute.
    "Explosively quick and mobile" is going to be maybe after he is back a few games, the way he was talking about not being ready to go I expect him to not quite trust his knee for a little while.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Chiefs opened as (-3) favorites, meaning Vegas considers this an even match-up. I agree.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

How does KC handle TEs?

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

14. Altoona

Well considering this is the second time he's coming back from a an ACL tear, I seriously doubt they'll even let him play until both he and the team doctors believe he can run and cut at full speed with full confidence, hence my remarks "provided he's healthy". Last time he came back from a season ending ACL blow out, he was an animal right out of the box the following season during which he ran for 1500+ yards averaging well over 5 yards per carry. I can't imagine KC letting Charles play until he demonstrates he can go all out without the slightest hesitation.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yea but at the same time, the last time Charles was an animal right out the gates after being recovered from an injury was 4 years ago back in 2012 while he was only 25 years of age. This go around he'll be turning 30 in December.

I'd question Charles ability to return to previous form way before I'd question if Matt Forte at the age of 30 can continue his 2016 work load.

On another topic I can't help but feel our defensive line along with the likes of possibly a Maudlin or Lee will all apply a serious amount and constant pressure to Alex Smith while collapsing his pocket throughout the entire game.

Not only do the Jets rank 3rd in AFC Defensive sacks (7) while the Chiefs have allowed the 2nd most sacks (7) but K.C could also be without both starting guards (LG & RG) come Sunday due to injury (both sat out Sunday against Houston).

Which could spell havoc for the likes of Wilkerson, McLendon, Richardson, Williams and potentially Darron Lee (right up the middle) and disaster for Alex Smith.

16. Cman68

Brook, I watched this kid return KO's last Sunday and I gotta tellya, he's at least as fast as a Marquis Goodwin and much much faster than AJ Green. All Smith has to do is hit Hill in stride over the middle and the kid will do the rest simply with pure speed. We have NOBODY that is fast enough to stay with him. Repeat, we have NOBODY that can cover this kid one on one. Luckily for us, he's on ST's right now and probably just like our kiddie corps, in training so we might only have to deal with the Blur on KO's.
    I'm not saying the big play will happen, but if it does...Lookout!

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Preparing for a thrilling victory or a heartbreaking loss. Game will be close

Not ready to jump off the ledge with an L Whats more intriguining is NE stands to lose with no QB vs Houston

A win for us would be sweet in our Div race

18. JetLifeLo

I know exactly who that is bc i wanted us to draft him lol. He's nice...tiny but nice.... him and Deanthony Thomas.....

But i haven't seen Hill in there with their offense at all when i watched them vs houston

but then there's Alex Smith.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. Altoona

True, but bear in mind that right up until his injury in game 5 of last year's 2015 season, Charles was still averaging 5 yards a carry or better. After breaking Jim Brown's 47 year old record, he remains the NFL's All Time rushing Leader in terms of average yards per carry (5.5). IMO, therefore, the issue at this point is not so much his age as it is the health/condition of his surgically repaired knee and whether or not he is able to make a full recovery as he did before.

20. Cman68

We can only hope this kid stays on ko's. Even then he's a break away threat. I don't want to see this kid hit in stride behind a LB.