Week 3: New York Jets @ Kansas City Chiefs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Colts, @SF, Dolphins, @NE, Bills. Worst we've seen in literally decades? That might not even be the worst we've seen in the last 2 years.

NYJFOREVER and ctjetsguy like this.
  2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

only team that scares me in the first 6 games is the Steelers. We have a good shot at winning the rest. Steelers look outstanding and the matchup looks bad for our D.

Big Cat, richieC and ctjetsguy like this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Arizona scares me too because they are known for the big play. The Patriots took that away and kept everything in front of them and they won. Hopefully we can mimic what they did.

4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I think we could easily be 3-3

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

We match up well with KC. Anything can happen in Arrowhead but I like the matchup our defense has against their offense.

Their corners are gamblers though. Fitz needs to be careful not to be baited into INTs but if he's smart and careful he can take advantage.

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

no respect for seattle or the cardinals? no respect for the chiefs at home?

ajax and Jets69 like this.
  7. jerseyjay14

I hate the matchup most of the next 4. i know they are maybe the worst of the 4 teams we play but arrowhead is one of the 2 or 3 toughest places to play and i dont like the matchups.

they dont turn the ball over. smith is a dink and dunk king and we are a team that will give you the short plays. their backs and ends are great in the passing game. another thing we are not great with, although improved(hopefully) this year.

Defensively they have elite passrushers and corners who make plays. week 1 was ugly but last year the lst 10 games no defense was better, not even denvers.

8. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

We need 3-3 at least to have a good shot at the playoffs. We also need at very least one against the Pats which I think is doable. It's not crazy to think we can be 5-1 or 4-2 in the division.

Cinci - L
    Buffalo - W
    KC - W
    Sea - W
    Pitt - L
    Ari - L
    Balt - W
    Cleve - W
    Mia - W
    LA - W
    NE - L
    Indi - W
    SanFran - W
    Mia - W
    NE - W
    Buffalo - W

This is our potential IMO. If our secondary works out their issues and our offense runs on all cylinders. Wouldn't doubt we'd be able to win the division like this.

9. Jetsfansince95

I highly doubt we beat the Ravens we NEVER beat the Ravens ok sorry we did once in our entire history ...

10. Jetsfansince95

I think we start off at 4-4 then win 6 of our final 8

11. jerseyjay14

winning 9 of the final 10, i dont know on that one. i mean the lack of rest, short weeks, travel is brutal.

12. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

I'm talking based purely on talent. You can't predict everything that will happen during the season, when we get hot, injury, etc. Speaking purely on base talent a season like this is not crazy, not counting intangible stuff.

Baltimore isn't really a great team. They won closely against the Bills and we've just seen the Bills defense and offense aren't exactly world class, we should've beat the Bills 37 - 17 if not for some secondary blunders that leaked into week 2. Taylor was embarrassing outside of those two bombs. Baltimore couldn't put up more than 2 scores against a Bills defense we put up 37 on. If Fitz keeps up his play and we don't let the offense get behind us we beat the Ravens easy.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

It may not be easy in Arrowhead Stadium but a Jets win while improving to 2-1 overall and we'll be considered as a force to be reckoned with heading into our home game vs. Seattle.

That Buffalo win was gigantic; it gives us hope.

richieC likes this.
  14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind they converted multiple 4th down plays last week. Take those away and it would have been a lot closer. Also the Redskins left their #2 CB Breeland one-on-one to get raped by Brown. Double Brown, contain Bell, force Ben to beat us with his other options.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I respect them, just think we're a good team and match up well. I'm not saying easy jets win, I think they're games that go either way. I don't think we have a good chance against Pittsburgh though.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We are playing on the road in one of the loudest stadiums. Our opponent is well coached and their QB does not make too many mistakes. They also have a good defense and a strong running game. With all that being said my biggest worry is whether Revis can cover Maclin.

We are fortunate that Charles is doubtful.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Charles is returning next week per Schefter.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Good luck to Charles returning against the Jets, because this defensive line will not let you run the ball against them.

We're also doing an outstanding job with coverage against HB's catching out of the backfield.

Charles returning against the Jets wouldn't be smart of K.C. Backs such as Giovani Bernard & LeSean McCoy have been non existent and could end up getting hurt quicker than his return.

Against Alex Smith I believe our defense can and will feast.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

San Diego slapped KC silly for almost 3 quarters in Arrowhead and then fell completely apart. We have a much better D than SD. If our secondary, particularly our positional coverage gets their head out of their ass we should control their offense to less than 17 points.

cbman13 likes this.
  20. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

Lol. Books were burned last week by jets as the line moved quite a bit toward the jets v buffalo. Hard to image they would want to get burned again making it Chiefs 4 or 5. And having the sharps take the points again.

Lam