Week 3: New York Jets @ Cleveland Browns (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Sep 16, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm well aware of what it means, I think you aren't lol you can dig up all you want, I don't deny or take back anything i said. if i'm wrong i'm wrong. You just look really dumb when you were happy our DB dropped an easy pick that would have saved 3 points in a close game all because you wanted to be right (whether it was a pick or not it was still a bad throw so doens't matter either way except it fucked the jets) and then go around praising the other teams QB based on 2 quarters of play against a team that was preparing for a different style QB all week. go dig it up in 3 years when we can clearly judge at that point. Nothing this season will prove anyone right or wrong. and FWIW jackson already said he isn't committed to starting mayfield so even his own coach wasn't very impressed and he's seen more of him then either of us

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

3. GasedAndConfused

Baker Mayfield led the Browns to a 14-point comeback and their first win in 635 days, but head coach Hue Jackson won't name him the starter yet, Thomas Lott of the Sporting News reports.

Jackson told reporters after the game he would have to "watch the tape" before naming a starter for Week 4.

Mayfield came into the game in the second quarter against the Jets Thursday with Cleveland trailing 14-0. He led a drive on the two-minute drill that got the Browns three points and eventually led the team to a 21-17 victory.

The 2018 No. 1 overall pick replaced starter Tyrod Taylor who was knocked out with a concussion on a sack in the first half. Taylor was 4 of 14 for 19 yards when he left with the injury.

Mayfield came in and went 17 of 23 for 201 yards and became the first QB to make his NFL debut off the bench, throw for that many yards and lead his team to a victory since Fran Tarkenton with the Vikings in 1961.

4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

if it was TB he would be doing the same stupid is stupid does

5. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

some people think that by playing their cards that way it makes em into some sort of BB type lolololololololol

6. Cman68

That's probably for media consumption but I guarantee you this... If Mayfield isn't behind center and they lose, Jackson might not make it thru the season. Those Browns fans will make our Idzik ShitFit look like a bunch of amatuers. Don't forget, this is the city that burned Lebron's jersey..

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Sean McDermott said the same thing about Nate Peterman after opening day, but of course Allen was the starter for week 2, and he didn't even play well when he came in in the first game. Of course Mayfield is going to start; Jackson just needs to pretend that it's his careful decision, not something he was forced into because the player he wanted to start was beyond pathetic.

Football coaches never admit that they were wrong about anything.

8. GasedAndConfused

TB gave darnold the nod over teddy and mccown so no idea what you mean?
    i'm sure browns fans will be pissed but doens't mean it's the wrong decision.

9. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This is on Bowles and Bates. The sooner both are gone the better. Sick of Bowles. ZERO in game adjustments. ZERO fire. Penalties, sloppy play and the last 2 undisciplined losses are coaching. Sam needs to develop under someone who has a fucking clue.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. Cman68

If Taylor shits the bed again then yeah, its the wrong decision.. Is the idea to win games or not? Mayfield bought the Browns and their fans back to life last nite. Gave them hope. Taylor is finished as a starter there. Not sure but if Jackson had to answer to Dorsey, Mayfield is starting.

11. GasedAndConfused

taylor has been awful this year but we don't know the behind the scenes stuff. like with the jets and sanchez and our stupid red/yellow/green and simplified playcalling (1 read throw it away) maybe he doens't have the offense down enough to trust him yet who knows? only the browns do

12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Who was “happy” an INT was dropped?

I’m a Jet fan and a huge Darnold fan.

I HATE losing and I hated losing last night.

But you keep doubling on looking stupid. I’m not happy Mayfield beat us, I’m just not an idiot thinking he can’t play in the league and last night had NOTHING to do with that opinion.

That he played well last night is almost irrelevant.

13. GasedAndConfused

i made a comment that middleton shouldn't have dropped the INT as it was an easy INT that hit him right in the hands and your mind instantly went to it being because i wanted baker to throw an INT. that's just insane man. quit while your not to far behind.

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Now we have the butt wipe for a 15 yard penalty.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

You sound way too angry.

You need some help. It’s like he stole your lunch money when you were a kid.

Let it go. We got the better QB but Mayfield can absolutely play in this league.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

When the Jets had 1st and 10 at the Browns 17 yard line early in the 4th quarter and called two running plays, couldn't get a 1st down or a touchdown and then kicked a field goal, I knew they were going to lose. You HAVE to go for a TD at that point. Not taking even ONE shot into the endzone at that point is just plain dumb!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

i think u need the help. i'm far from angry :)

18. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying, but if Cleveland had lost people would still be thinking of them as the crappiest team in the NFL and they would be 2 years plus 3 games of proving it.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

It's official we suck worse than the Browns..heh

Someone call Warren Buffet or Bill Gates see if they will buy out those numbskull owners of ours

If the line is busy for those 2 email Sam Walton

20. DuhesSeaOfMud

DuhesSeaOfMud Member

its gonna be fun to watch SolidGoldBowels' slow burn as Mayfield progresses to superstardom.