Week 3 - Eagles @ Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You mean on a team ranked I think 1st in D, nobody is saying: "I'm the best ______ in the NFL" ? Holy Shit! Rex Ryan...Where are you?

2. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Frank Gore found enough holes last night for Chip to get film on and and use in their game plan. The Colts stupidity in taking Gore out at key moments, not feeding him enough when he showed he could run the ball effectively is enough to be wary of what Chip Kelly will do to exploit an over-eager defense. Gore doesn't have the speed to get around the edges like Murray. This is one of those games where I want to see Bowles get creative on D and go small and fast. They can't afford to have Pace, Harris and Coples on the field at the same time. This is a game I expect to see a lot of Skrine, Gilchrist, Pryor etc. to take over and stop the run, cover the slot, TE etc.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Gotta come out early and knock them around. They are a soft, reeling, football team so if the Jets can take an early lead and get physical with them they will get frustrated and crack. The Colts were doing that last night but the Eagles will crack even more.

if we come out flat from the short week and let them get confidence early we could be in trouble

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

yeah, im not wearing white. ill support the jets, but not supporting their half assed attempt at a "white out"

5. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Most of Gores runs opened up because of holding

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I was gonna say. I don't remember thinking Gore had a very effective game running the ball at all. 15 carries / 57 yards 3.8 ypc. not all that impressive

7. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Ya he broke couple decent runs but they got called back because of holding penalties.

8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I am telling you to book it now he will have these guys ready... In his post game speech to the team he said day off and get prepared for Philly its a short week... they will be ready... They like winning and smell success....

dawinner127 likes this.
  9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

WE should win this game period and this team will be ready... bank it.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Eagles offensive line is a shambles. They've gotten rid of their most explosive weapons. Don't get me wrong, they have some weapons but they're not the big play explosive weapons that Maclin and McCoy were. I really love Jordan Matthews but he's not explosive and he has a little bit of a tendency to drop balls and Demarco is a good runner but he's not a guy who can create his own space like McCoy could.

The Eagles O-line is in shambles, as previously stated, they replaced their guards in the off season getting rid of solid performers and getting guys who, for no at least, are just sucking wind. The D-Line and LB's should be in the backfield almost as much as the Eagles QB.

As long as the Jets offense takes care of the football this should be a win.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I expect the Jets the run the ball, but I thought the same against the Colts

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Jets aren't 1st in the widely acknowledged "Total Defense" rank, they're 10th. But in the stat that matters most - Points Allowed and Points Per Game - they are far ahead in first, allowing 8.5ppg and 17 total points.

14. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I think the Jets should sit Ivory this week. Bowles said he's "very sore" in the groin area. Let stacy and powell do the running and get involved with some screens. I thought they said chan would run a shit load of screen passes i feel like i only seen about 3 or 4

Cman68 likes this.
  15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JETS1116, Brook!, TonyMaC and 2 others like this.
  16. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles didn't hand out game balls after the game...said we'll do that another time.. "Time to prep for Philly" is what he instead said. Gotta love it.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Bowles was funny, after he told them they had a good game, he gave them their reward:

"Sweats on the plane."

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I am so hyped for this game. Just like we did with Indy, we need to punch them right in the mouth from the get to. Dominate the trenches on both sides and jump out to an early lead. Make them panic. You could see it in Chips face last week vs Dallas he was as aggravated as could be he couldn't get anything going on offense. Let's make sure it's just as difficult this week. I want to see a lot of A Gap blitzes against those week ass guards and knock Bradford right on his ass.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  19. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

If there ever was a stat that showed "Total Defense" as measured by stats is a joke...

Bears are ranked 7th in total defense, but are allowing an average of 40 points a game.
    Jets are ranked 10th in total defense, but are allowing an average of 9 a game.

All Gas No Shake and abyzmul like this.
  20. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

They ran a lot of screens inside the 20 during preseason, something I have been screaming for during the Ryan era.

JetLifeLo likes this.