Week 17 very well could kill any chance at Trevor Lawrence

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Jets-N-Terps, Dec 14, 2020.

1. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

All this media speculation about Trevor Lawrence and his people sitting down and talking with the Jet ownership/management prior to deciding if he wants to come to and play in the scenic NJ swamp. He can save himself and his people the hassle by asking Sam Darnold his thoughts. Some thing tells me he will get more genuine advice from Darnold than the Jets management.

papapump and Cman68 like this.
  2. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

We'll see. Douglas seems to know his stuff so we will leave it there.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If he did we wouldn't be on course to go 0-16. He is at fault here too

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

When did you ever think we would all be here hoping we’re bad enough to lose the patriots. 2020 smh

papapump and JetsKickAss like this.
  5. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

He had very little control over the roster and no practice games. He needs a couple of years to implement his program. Be patient!

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but that's utterly ridiculous and total nonsense. Everyone knows what lousy shape the roster was in that he inherited. It's not his fault that Adams forced his way out, nor is it his fault that Bell was here, done, or that Gase wouldn't use him as a receiver. There was only so much Douglas could do in one offseason, and the roster is better than 0-16. It's not Douglas' fault Covid came along, that Mosley opted out, that all the WRs were hurt early, there was no preseason, and that Gase refuses to learn or adapt. Douglas didn't hire Gase. Most of his FAs have worked out at least OK and he had the best draft that the Jets have had in a long time. How in the hell is it Douglas' fault? SMH

7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

It's still hard to believe.....MacCagnan had a big role or made the actual choice to choose Gase....drafted for us in 2019...spent our FA $$$...and then was fired.

Can someone name another GM fired AFTER hiring a coach, doing the draft, and spending $$$ on FA's ?

8. JetsKickAss

We're assuming we lose to the Rams and Browns, probably true. See we're 17 point underdogs against LA.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  9. JetsKickAss

Mike Florio on today's PFT discussed this at the 1:50 mark....said he still thought the Patriots "B" or "C" teams could probably beat the Jets....but he did say it makes sense to not face Lawrence the next 10-15 years if you plan on coaching.

"....to keep the Jets from getting Trevor Lawrence.....and if the game has no impact on the Patriots no matter what....then yeah, why not do it...get a higher draft pick and prevent the Jets from getting Lawrence"

This is what the Bucs did in the final game of 2014....leading the Saints at halftime by double-digits....then they pulled their starters....lost the game.....got Jameis Winston (OK, that part didn't work out too great).

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

lol, yup. An 'in your face' tank job (Bucs, 2014), and nothing happened. Fans so worried about the Jets tanking for Trevor and losing draft picks for doing so. Not gonna happen.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  11. JetsKickAss

But that was the Tampa team....if the NY team did it and yanked Sam and other starters....wow.

12. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Even if we won our next 2 I'd still like to see Morgan get a game at any rate.

Seasons long lost and whilst my preference would be to give him the last 2 weeks, I suppose we have to be somewhat fair to other teams in the playoff hunt and start our 'FQB' against the Browns.

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

No thanks.

Play Sam and lose the last 3 games for Lawrence.

REVISion likes this.
  14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Im already mentally preparing myself for a week 17 win. Bill will beat the jets while losing.

Jags need to beat CHI next week.

15. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Zuniga has been dreadful, Clarke hasn’t even seen the field, Ashtyn Davis has been bad, Mims has missed half the season, Morgan hasn’t even dressed, and Perine has been outperformed by Ty Johnson and Josh Adams. I know it’s early but this draft class hasn’t shown me enough yet in the playing time they have had and ultimately that falls on Douglas. Folks will be skeptical until more of these picks pan out. Hopefully next year.

REVISion and JetsKickAss like this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Same here. So many people are hyping up Lawrence to the Jets just to laugh at them when he ends up on Jacksonville with a Pats win Week 17. I won't allow myself to get excited until it is finished and I have been expecting to draft Fields at #2 overall for awhile. It's unfortunate, but that is the life of a Jets fan.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  17. JetsKickAss

Sure, perfect symetry would have Jacksonville only winning in Week 1 and the Jets only winning in Week 17.

If I'm Joe D. I tell my coaches/medical staff that I don't want to even remotely risk losing anybody for next year because they play injured or less-than-100% the next 3 games. If you rest guys in Week 15 and 16, it looks less suspicious in Week 17.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I thought there would be a chance of it being a 1A/1B opportunity with Lawrence and Fields where Fields closed the gap a lot more as the draft neared with both having good championship games and CFP performances.

It's no longer a question. Lawrence is the undoubted number one quarterback. Fields could even fall behind Lance and Wilson at this point. I still think the kid is a good prospect but he was awful today and really looked like he needs another year of seasoning. If he does he'll be in contention to go #1 next year with Howell.

#158 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  19. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Please, not Fields.

20. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

i think the last thing Belichek wants is to be the only team to lose to the winless jets. If that doesnt ease the pain, there is a good chance the jags beat the bears week 16.. then all this worring will be a waist of energy. GO JAGUARS !!