Week 17 : Jets (5-10) @ Pats (12-3)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 26, 2017.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

the Titans finished with 2 wins, the Jets with 4.
    so beating them did not cost us Mariota.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

we beat the titans. if we lost we would've been tied, 3 wins a piece. idk the tie breaker but its possible it cost us.

Mariota is not that good though. And I remember that game. the Jets did all they could to lose. They can't help it when the other team hands them the win

Jets69 and BacktoQueens like this.
  3. BacktoQueens

i really liked Mariota coming out of college. He still might improve.

but like you said, sometimes the other team is just worse.
    how dare the Jets not be worse than the Titans!

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I was a Petty guy remember? :)

If Mac/Bowles have already discussed who they want next year at Qb, I hope they keep an open mind. Its not like either one of them have a sterling record of drafting Qb's and in fact, ANYBODY they choose should be immediately rejected. However, since this is most likely their last bite of the apple, I hope they finally get it right and draft a QB that fits the system instead of a Qb they have to force into the system. This draft can change the direction of the franchise more so than beating the Patriots.

Mac and Bowles cannot fuck this up. If they do and remain on the payroll, I'm done until Ownership steps in and puts a bullet in this leadership.

Brook! and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  5. Cman68

Give Andy Reid credit for starting the kid.

Brook! and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We both got burned ... I mean I want to beat the Patriots, but in a meaningful game. I've been waiting for this signature draft for a long time myself, I thought 2014 was going to be the year, but we all got fooled.

This draft is the opportunity to change everything for years to come. If I don't get my signature draft (I am talking 4 starters), then I want them both gone (edit).

#66 101GangGreen101, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Cman68 likes this.
  7. Cman68

101, this is shaping up to be the most important draft since Parcells had his 4 1st round picks. We have all our DP's +1 and almost $100m to transform this franchise. This is not only a signature draft, but a signature off season as well. This is the off season that can finally get us out of the outhouse to at least looking to rent space in the Penthouse for a bit. Nobody in the Jet Hierarchy should be thinking about a short term victory but instead, seizing this once in a generation opportunity to remake the franchise almost overnight. Lose the game, but perhaps win the war down the road.

Macc does give me pause in all of this. His contract negotiations leave a lot to be desired as he always seems to fold and give in to big demands. We already know for the most part Macc is QB blind as well. We have to hope Morton AND Bates are with Macc on Senior Day and on Draft Day. Macc would be an idiot not to realize this off season is his make or break moment. Just like Petty spit the bit, Macc can also and that would be catastrophic for years to come. If Bowles doesn't understand the need for a FQB and insists once again on BPA-D? He should be both ignored AND fired on the spot. The entire draft has to be centered around the QB position, then the Oline. Our Defense is decent so they don't need the huge talent influx that the offense does.

This should be obvious to anybody with half a brain and gives half a shit about the future of the organization. We've been losing too damn long man..

#67 Cman68, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    101GangGreen101 likes this.
  8. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

What is 1 more year after 49 years. Who knows 50 may be the charm.

9. Patriot

You are correct this is going to be an important draft for the Jets. What QB is available and the selection will be critical.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

If Bowles is complaining for a defensive player, Mac better put him in his place. Then again, if this is Bowles mindset, he will need to go I agree, getting a QB isn't enough, we need to protect that QB with some young talent on the offensive line. The time is now. The players will be available.

I am nervous about them both too, they cannot mess this up it's so blatantly obvious what they need.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. Patriot

What is unfortunate is that the Giants decide to tank this year and possibly steal your QB. Speaking of lemons what about limoncello?

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Patriot

This reminds me of the South Park episode where both Little league teams try to lose!

13. 101GangGreen101

Rosen with the injury concerns, Giants can have him...

Man, can't believe I just "liked" a Patriots fan post ...

14. Cman68

I'm glad you recognize the game within the game going on in the NY/NJ/CT area. Not only are the Jets up against the rest of the AFC, we're also competing for the same entertainment dollars, in the same market, with the Giants. The Giants got lucky with fortuitous injuries to Beckham and Eli suddenly getting old. Add in a dysfunctional CS and you have a tank scenario without it actually being called a tank.
    The Jets otoh, went with the competitive rebuild one last time hoping for the best without planning for the worst. I have a feeling they signed McCown hoping for another typical McCown year but instead, they wound up with Alex Smith and 5 unexpected wins. Publicly, its good but privately, I'm sure they didn't need this. Hack should have been on the field by now. Petty should have shown what he can or cannot do and the decision on him made. McCown's success didn't do the Jets any favors. We didn't need to find out if Kearse and Anderson could catch a football. What we needed to find out was if Hackenberg or Petty could throw a football accurately.

15. Patriot

I think McCown could be a good mentor and great backup. Petty and Hack need to go. This may not be the QB draft class once thought, but I think the Jets do have a chance of finding the right guy even if they stay put.

As to the Giants, I find it interesting how all my Giants friends who thought the Giants would win the super Bowl have changed their tune. They do know how to tank, do they?

I hope Karma will be on the Jets side who have gone about their rebuild in an admirable way. Now go get a franchise QB in the draft!

Cman68 likes this.
  16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

To think that it makes no difference to a fan whether an archrival wins the championship or not is so monumentally ridiculous as to beggar belief. None of this makes the slightest bit of difference other than how it makes us feel, and virtually all fans root both for and against particular teams. To act like feeling that way as a fan somehow doesn't make logical sense to you is you either being a pompous ass, a liar, or a fool. You choose.

Dierking likes this.
  17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Hopefully he plays well, so people can start thread after thread about us passing on this guy, can't wait

soh_vet and MoWilkBeast like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they were playing Charlie Whitehurst and we were playing Geno Smith. It was a dammed war of attrition. Both our touchdowns came on drives aided by penalties. One of them where someone from the Titans punched Geno Smith in the face and didn't even break his jaw!!

It looked like the Titans were seriously going to win 11-10 with an intentional grounding safety as the difference when the Jets failed on 3rd down late. But a bonehead unsportsmanlike celebration penalty gave the dynamite Geno Smith new life! and he took advantage, drawing two other penalties to get to the one yard line where Chris Ivory finally decided someone has to win this game.

How are you supposed to tank when the other team is tanking harder than you are?

Cman68 likes this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Gonna be a lot of flags then

20. BacktoQueens

So what? It's not like we have the playoffs at stake.
    With nothing to lose, I'd be upset if we weren't taking every chance to hit that cheating weasel.