Week 16: Green Bay Packers @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 15, 2018.

1. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

Wtf am I watching here?

2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Probably means we’re taking an OT and not reaching much.

seanofthedead likes this.
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Latest example of why Bowles is getting fired after the season.

Two blown double digits leads today. 14-0 then a 15 points second half lead.

Yes the refs were HORRIBLE today still can't blow leads like that.

14-0 vs Cleveland, 16 points vs Tenessee, the late lead last week vs Houston, today.

These losses are brutal to take.

truthbtold likes this.
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Coming here to confess my shame. With everything going on with Christmas, I completely forgot the Jets played today. First game I've missed in close to 30 years. This shows you how apathetic I am about this team right now. Hoping to catch a replay somewhere. If anybody knows of a site that would have it, it would me much appreciated.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Best game of the fucking year ... Sam played lights out and we still managed to not fuck up our draft position, Merry Christmas Jets fans!

stinkyB and ConcordeChops like this.
  6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

was frustrating as hell to watch but cannot really complain with the result - good development for Sam, we got robbed in terms of the penalties and we got a loss which means changes at the top and a better draft pick.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

These last two games have been back to back Christmas presents.

ColoradoContrails and Harpua like this.
  8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Bowles and Bates. The gift that just keeps on giving and giving. The play-calling after the fake punt might be the worst series I have ever seen in watching the Jets for 40+ years. When you are more worried about making the defense call a timeout instead of trying to get first downs you deserve to lose. If the Jets were going to win one out of the last three games I would rather have it be against the Pats anyway.

9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

This game couldn't have gone better.

johnny likes this.
  10. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Agreed. Shows the world how bad Bowles / Bates are - at crucial times - and still Darnold performs.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

In all honesty, fuck the draft position. I wanted this win pretty badly. Our 21-year-old rookie went toe to toe with one the greatest of all time and damn near outdueled him. This would have been such a great win early on in his career. But, Bowles and Bates strike again.

The playcalling after the fake punt was so fucking embarrassing that I didn’t know what to do with myself sitting there in the stadium. 1st and 20, you hand the ball off? 2nd and 23 you hand the ball off again? How was that setting your guy up for success whatsoever? You are in this game because the quarterback is slicing and dicing but then you take the ball out of his hands when you need to either preserve a lead or build on it?

Then on the final drive, we have a first down around the 15 yard line which means we could still get another first. We blow our last time out which means we can only take shots at the end zone or right on the sideline to try and get a first down. Again, in what world is that setting the team up for success? Two complete fucking idiots ruin the game in their own unique way. If they aren’t fired a literal week from this moment right now, we have a huge issue.

But God damn, if Sam doesn’t have me the most excited I’ve been as a Jets fan in my 33 years on this planet…

12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Broadway Sam, excellent post. Even the worst coaches will have good stretches in any game / season when things "click". However, most times when the game is on the line they will fold up when needed most. I just hope that Sam forgets everything Bowles / Bates told him starting the first week of January 2019.

stinkyB likes this.
  13. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Whatever else you can say about this game, I hope we can finally put to bed the debate about whether or not Darnold should have been shut down this season. These last couple of games should go a long way towards building towards next year, not just in regards to Darnold, but also Herndon and Anderson. Clearly it was a good idea to let him play.

Sam Hammer, Big Cat and Red Menace like this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’d love if someone were able to find footage of Sam after either first or second down on that drive after the fake punt. I can’t tell if it was just frustration with the fact that the play didn’t work or frustration with the playcalling but he motioned over towards the sideline and threw his fist and anger and screamed. I don’t know if any broadcast cameras picked it up. He’s 21, been doing this for a cup of coffee and he knows.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

How not to help your QB be successful and win the game :-(.

If I was Darnold next week and in the same position against the Pats, I would hope he smiles over at the sideline and calls and changes the play.

ColoradoContrails and NY Jets68 like this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, that was vintage Bowles/Bates playcalling! Honestly, if you wanted to try to lose the game, this would be the way you do it. What an embarrassment! He should be fired tonight.

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I can tell you that the commentators criticized the playcalling after the fake punt. They were shocked Jets played too conservative and went into a shell.

No word on whether anyone caught what Sam did.

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

3:40 left to play. One first down effectively ends the game.

1st and 20 ... run
    2nd and 23 ... run
    3rd and 20 ... WTF???

NO ATTEMPT WHATSOEVER to try to get a first down. Instead ... more concerned about making them use their last timeout ... and too stupid to understand how little that's going to matter, since your defense has NO SHOT of stopping Rodgers from scoring ... and has shown that all day long.

Those three downs are a commercial for why Todd Bowles is an imbecile who is incapable of coaching in the league, and Charlie Casserly can go fuck himself.

Thank God this nightmare will be over in 8 days.

johnny and ColoradoContrails like this.