Week 1: New York Jets at Tennessee Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Game Threads' started by Petrozza, Sep 10, 2006.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I wasn't home for the game, but I have to get atleast 1 post in the 1st Game Thread of the season.

I was watching the game at Shea on my little portable TV. It was actually great. I got great reception, and I saw every play of the game. I was getting asked about the game from people, which was pretty cool :rofl:

.... Chad was great, as we all know. Nugent on the other hand, wasn't, but we all know that too. Cotchery was doing very well, Coles had some nice catches, Barlow and Blaylock ran the ball well. I seen Brad Smith get some nice touches on the ball.

And to top it all off, A+ to the Defense late in the game (especially the very last drive. Great swat by Kerry Rhodes to bat that ball down in the endzone).

Overall, it was a crazy game. I was on the way home from Shea in my car, and during the last drive I had to pee like crazy. The Jets got me that nervous :lol: but the Jets won, and then I peed and all was well on this wonderful season opener for the Gang Green.

2. Allentown Ernie

I just gotta say it one more time. Chad will lead us to the promised land. Cut nugents balls off. allentown Ernie.

3. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

Nice game, good to get a win first up. Thought we were rusty early but had a few good series on offense and put together some nice plays that scored. Mike Nugent had a poor game but he'll get better. If he had made his tries it wouldnt have been so close. Great for Penny to get the lead back and the defense was solid. Still let them back in the game tho which we cant do to better teams...it was only the titans but then again we are only the jets :)

anyway, good to get a win and well played benny :)

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Don't mean to brag, but I told ya guys Chad would have a great comeback game. :beer: hell fuckin yeah.

5. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Was this just a new way of reminding people it's your birthday?

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

no, i'm just real pumped chad had such a great game :) he's my favorite jet

7. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

:jets: :jets: :jets: :jets: :jets:

I just have to say that this was a great performence for the offense, defense Kicking return, Punt Return teams. But sadly there was one flaw and we all know his name.

NUGENT! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING DOWN THERE!

Chad was awesome and yes it is the first game of the season but it still feels good getting this victory and now there is some momentum that can carry the boys to their next game opening at home against the Patriots. Mangold & D'Brickeshaw looked solid on the O-line and Chad was looking strong and controlled in the pocket.

Andre Dyson was incredable today intercepting his old team twice. So awesome how the defense looked and besides the penalties they were getting at the end of the game, let's be honest. If Nugent didn't screw up today, the boys would have been completly flawless.

Jeff Fisher should have let Michael Young stay in the game today when he got subbed in because Kerry Collins wasn't getting the job done. I don't care if they did get those 16 points in the 4th quarter to tie the game up, that wouldn't have happened if Nugent converted those two field goals and the P.A.T. after the Jets got their 2nd TD of the game.

I am very happy and very excited that Chad truely looks like his old self back out there again. All my worries about him being on the field makes me think that he wasn't ready to come back at the beginning of last season. Now it looks like he is fully fit and that arm has returned back to full strength.