Week # 1 Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Brown42000

Brown42000 New Member

What will you say if the Jets lose to Miami come Sunday?

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I agree with that. Not much else to say but good luck and either way, I will be online sometime within 24 hrs. of the game. What's your guess on the % of Jet fans at the game

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm not the one on here making excuses about prior losses. I'm just want to know what the excuse will be if they lose this Sunday in Miami with 91 degree temperatures.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

This is what he would do:

5. WhiteShoeWillis

^ lol - that's taken out of context a little bit there IS.

6. Brown42000

Brown42000 New Member

Dre Bly's play dropped off a considerable amount last season and Jennings has far superior speed to Bly. I don't think the Jets have a reciever with the speed of Jennings.

7. Italian Seafood

Sorry about that.

I just took the Chad quote out of my signature, just noticed it was still there from Week 1 last year. Now he's the enemy, can't have him in there. No hard feelings, I wish him well Weeks 2-16, but not Week 1 and not Week 17.

8. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

If the Dolphins win, I'll say Maimi wanted it more. And I would fully expect the results to be different when play later in the Medowlands. I don't disrepect the Jets, I realize they are coming off a 4-12 season. But that was last year and a large part of that Jets team isn't there anymore. We'll see where they stand Sunday.

9. Brown42000

Brown42000 New Member

Lol I'm not making excuses I'm just telling the guy the facts.

Dallas is a hot place therefore going to Miami and playing the heat won't effect them as much. It was a 4 o'clock game also as I remember the sun had already set before the game ended.

The Pitt game was in Pitt that guy may have wanted to look it up before just assuming and Culpepper did lose that Buffalo game.

Won't have any excuses unless of course there is some BS call that changes the game.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

once again with this heat... Favre is from Mississippi, Rhodes played in Louisville which is just as bad if not worse, Leon Washington is from Jacksonville - why is the heat such an issue?????????????????????????????

Chad is the QB... I just learned from a guy who knew the former head game scout of the Jets during the Parcells regime in NY that even with taking Pennington in the draft the arm strength was an issue then, because once teams knew his tendencies and timing with his throws, all defenses took an extra step up to play their responsibility. This isn't me making this up. The NFL knows how to play him, and I imagine the team he was with for all of his career so far would know him the best. Plus Mangini took the document on how to beat Pennington from the Pats. If I could find the article I would - it stated that Mangini handed Chad a binder, and in the binder was titled, "How to beat Chad Pennington."

Chad is not what concerns me in this game.

Its Ronnie Brown and retarded turnovers.

Being overconfident about the win is one thing, but I read this thread and there are too many "uhh I dunno bout it" posts... Be reasonable here - its Favre against that secondary and the 2007 32nd ranked rushing defense... I'm not worried about losing by Miami beating the Jets.... Its the Jets handing Miami the game - thats the only slight concern.

11. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Good question, infact they were doing an interview with Ricky yesterday and asked him how he felt about the rivalry between the Jets and Dolphins and he was saying how much he hated the J..E..T..S.., Jets, Jets, Jets cheer whenever we played the Jets in Miami.

What do I think the % will be? I'm not sure right now. I know there are a lot of Jet fans in Miami and why wouldn't there be it's a beautiful place to live, but I think there will be some dramtic changes to the way the fans trunout. I think you'll slowly start to see the stand fill again now that they have actually gone out and added some really good football minds in BP, Tony Sparano and Jeff Ireland.

I think we'll be a much more disciplined team. Also being that it's not winter yet, I think many of the snowbirds will still be in NY. So I would say the Dolphin fans will outweight the Jets fans by a pretty good number. Also remember that this is still a big rivalry for the fans, Dolphin fans hate the Jets and it's probably bigger then any matchup in our division.

12. Brown42000

Brown42000 New Member

The heat isn't an individual player issue it is a team issue. What good would it be for the Jets if only the players named above aren't tired due to the heat. That is 3 players on a 53 man squad who wouldn't be worn down.

All Chad will have to do is come into the game and not turn the ball over and be effective and that is what he does best. A quick slant to Ginn could turn into a 80 yard touchdown.

The secondary isn't as poor as your making it out to be and expect Jason Allen to make some plays. Go look at the 2007 Dolphins starting defensive line and front and compare them to this years. You will see many of the players that once occupied those positions from the previous season are now gone.

13. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Oh really? And making the comment about us Dolphin fans thinking our rookies are suddenly pro bowlers cause the KC games, is different......how?

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Coles is from Florida, Cotchery from Alabama, Sean Ellis is from South Carolina... so the heat?

6 Starters are from the North part of the country... let's calm down with this aspect of the game that has become complete bullshit at this point.

Chad not turning the ball over is pre 2005, enjoy the new Chad. The slant may work, but with Rhodes on that side of the field as well, I wouldn't count on it. He'll makes some plays as well.

That new D-Line is new and has rookies on it. I'm a Langford fan, I wanted him in the draft and I'd like him to be a good player because that makes me correct in knowing that before his 1st NFL game - but its that, his 1st game. He will make mistakes. And you did lose the leaders on that team. Joey Porter, I hope for Miami's sake is not their leader, not on a Parcells run team.

Miami wins this game if the Jets hand it to them.

15. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

The heat shouldn't be an issue... especially in week one... it's been just as hot/humid here as it has been in South Florida... now if this was November/December and we were going to be playing down there in the middle of a head wave... I might be more concerned... but it's safe to say this should be a non issue at this point of the season

16. WhiteShoeWillis

You're right, I have no idea where I came up with that.

17. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

i just hope the Jets and Mangini aren't overlooking the Dolphins and preparing more for week 2 against New England. i can see Mangini spending a lot of time worrying about game 2 more than game 1 at this point. i hope he's taking it one week at a time!

18. Italian Seafood

That doesn't sound like something he would do.

19. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Count on the fact that barely any time has been put into the NE game yet and the total focus is on the game at hand and getting out of the gate on the right track.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

With the coaching tree he is from is isn't looking ahead.