We will defeat the Cowboys

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Well no excuses anymore. We’ll now get to see if Gase is closer to the offensive genius label he came in with or the offensive incompetent he’s shown so far.

I have no idea if they’ll win, I do know, if they do, there is some season left and I’m excited again.

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Both tackles suck too

3. Waiting Since 68

Waiting Since 68 New Member

I did the split screen last Sunday. Jets on one side , Red Zone on the other. I listened to Andrew Siciliano on Red Zone. He does an awesome job. I am hoping this OL doesn't get Sam destroyed this season. Until the OL play improves this offense is unwatchable.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I know Gase is great and all but even you can’t deny the OL is abysmal and Quinn/Lawrence are good pass rushers. Also look at how they put up 21 points with ease on the Packers in the second half (should have been 28) who have and actual good pass D. Trumaine gets burnt on ever crossing play and they have 3 WRs that run them unbelievably well. We have no pass rush and Dak is a very good QB with no pressure.

We have to hope the Cowboys pull a Cowboys more than the Jets pull a Jets. All signs point to a horrible matchup and I haven’t even mentioned zeke.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Cowboys D may eat Sam.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Lev bell goes for 100 this week.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"Reckon yer gonna need summa this pardner...."

[​IMG]

FJF likes this.
  8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Green Bay has the 14th best pass defense and one of the worst in the league on the road this year.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It's opening day 2. "Crushing" is a bit too much to ask, but a victory would be an incredible jolt to what so far has been an absolute misery of a season. I don't see how it can't happen. We just need to play football the way it's supposed to be played. What's up with Herndon? Playing?

10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to expect a win on Sunday. Given how bad our o-line has looked, it's hard for me to imagine them being able to hold up against a pretty good cowboys d-line. Also, I would be hard pressed to think our d-line will have much success pressuring Dak, because he's mobile and because we have the likes of L. Williams looking like dog shit, while Cowboys o-line is filled with studs

But, I hope I'm wrong and ultimately I just want to see a competent football team that doesn't look like it's a JV team playing in the NFL. Much of that rests on Gase' shoulders, who has absolutely no excuse this Sunday. The playbook should be wide open, and we should push the ball down the field

11. BroadwayAaron

Green Bay entered the game 3rd in pass defense. It was talked about a lot on the broadcast and written in the game preview on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ense-among-five-storylines-to-watch-in-week-5

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I know it’s any given Sunday, but the Saints managed to put up 12 points (4 field goals) against the Dallas defense.

I don’t see us putting up more than 21 points.

13. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Cowboys are desperate, Darnold and Herdon are rusty.
    Got to give it to The Cowboys.

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Dallas just got embarrassed in back to back weeks. This is not a good spot for us to play them. That said Sam will definitely help open things up a bit. I see a 28-17 or 31-21 type loss.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I think the fact that the Cowboys got embarrassed two straight weeks is negated by the fact that we have been embarrassed 3 straight weeks.

This should be two teams desperate for a win. Hopefully Sams return provides a jolt for the entire team and home field will be enough to come out with the dub, we desperately need it.

16. BroadwayAaron

Annnnnd Herndon hurt his hamstring and most likely won’t play. You can’t make it up.

PabloJa likes this.
  17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'd be happy with a passing TD at this point. Expecting a win is insanity.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this. Jets need to pull all the stops and give this team a better chance. Open up the play book, reverses, screens, have Bell or a WR throw a pass or two. Open up the pass to set up the run for a change. Play loose play aggressive, go down the field like there is no tomorrow.

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

No we will not.

No Mosley again, and now no Herndon.

20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Dallas needs a win badly so this is no trap game for them. Considering they are a two times zones away they are also helped by the 4:00 start, so less chance they will come out flat. But I'm holding out hope that we can pull off a win. I dont have much to hang that hope on - but it exists.

One thing I'm interested in following, that a lot of people lost track of, is Quinnen's development. His second game showed decent improvement. Bosa didn't have a break out game until his 4th start. I know the Cowboys have a good o-line but I would love to see Quinnen show something similar (for an inside guy) in this game.

TonyFtLaud likes this.