We Still Have a Good Shot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETS1116, Nov 29, 2009.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

???? What? I think it makes it a lot more fun to know that we are still alive. I completely do not understand your statement at all. Who cares if are chances are slim and all may be for naught? Its just fun to root for your team and its more fun when they have a chance to get into the playoffs. Once the jets are out of it I tend to lose a little interest if anything.

2. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

your too right, i just got sick reading this.........

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Haha, exactly. This is the same script EVERY year, especially for the Jets.

The easiest way to digest this (at the moment) is to set aside the [probable] Division Champs:
    1. Indy
    2. New England
    3. San Diego
    4. Cincy

After that, it's pretty much up-in-the-air with about six teams vying for two Wild Card spots. If we just so happen to win out - and some teams lose - we can make the Playoffs.

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I think it highly unlikely we will win 10 games, and even more unlikely that we get to the playoffs. Of course, I hope that I am wrong.

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Think we can go on a bit of a run here but i dont know if we can get past Indy and Cincinatti...

6. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Its fun to imagine our team making a run like we do every year. It always seems wether we do well or perform at a mediocre level , we are always somewhere in the playoff picture right up till the last two or three games. Someone said the next two games will be telling and I agree with him.
    The next two games are against teams that have been playing horribly. If we cant beat these team dominantly , then we have no business anywhere near a playoff game. I say its fun to have our hopes extended and be able to watch some more meaningful Jet football , but its more agony of defeat to be watched.

I already have may Who we need to loose sheet prepared and will be watching all the way. Id rather make it on our teams merits , then getting help by teams loosing , but I guesse thats all we have right now.

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Yup, if we get that far it just depends on who we'd end up tied with. We beat Houston and Tennessee so we're good there, we lose out to Jacksonville and Miami for the same reasons.

8. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

If the Jets somehow finish 10-6, it would be very hard for them NOT to make the playoffs.

9. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

One game out with five to go, we are still in this thing.

Bad thing is Pittsburgh's next two games are Oakland and Cleveland.

Doubt we make any ground to tie with them in the next two weeks.

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Exactly.

http://www.jetsdaily.com/2009/11/jets-playoff-picture-week-13.html

Right now, I'm assuming Denver takes the top wild card spot unless they lose a bunch of games they shouldn't. That means, we need to pass Jacksonville, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Miami, and stay ahead or tied with Houston and Tennessee.

If we win out, which is probably the only way we get in, we're 10-6, 7-5 in conference.

Jacksonville would need to lose twice.
    Baltimore would need to lose twice.
    Pittsburgh would need to lose twice.
    Miami would need to lose once.

If all that happens, and the Jets win out, the Jets are in the playoffs. Baltimore and Pittsburgh also play each other later this season, so one of them has to lose.

Also, with Baltimore/Pittsburgh, if they go 4-1 down the stretch with the losses being in the AFC, we would all be 10-6, 7-5, so the tiebreaker would get more complicated from that point.

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh is facing Oakland and Cleveland the next two weeks, so, we're going to probably have to root for Baltimore again in their second meeting because the Ravens have a much better chance of losing one of their next two games. They play Green Bay and Detroit. However, after the Steeler game (week 16), they play Oakland Week 17.

Man, this stuff is just too confusing right now.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

It's nice to believe, but can we really expect this team to go 5-0 in December? Where the hell was the intensity the last few months?

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Because I hate the Colts that much and want to see them get their first loss.

I also foresee the Jets playing down to the level of Indy's back-ups anyway.[/quote]
    Additionally, if the Colts are still perfect when they face us, they will not be resting starters.

14. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I agree. I think the key thing is for the Jets to actually win the next 5 games in a row (making it six overall). That's going to be the most difficult thing to accomplish. With the frontrunner for the first wildcard at 7-4 currently and the next set of teams at 6-5 there are plenty of scenarios where the Jets sitting at 10-6 make it to the playoffs.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

great point. I didn't think of that. Manning would be going full force at that point to go 16-0. Shit. Let's root for VY to continue his hot streak.

16. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

See, I dont agree about the Broncos. I can easily see them losing three games, I just don't think they're that good.