We Still Have a Good Shot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETS1116, Nov 29, 2009.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No need to watch, we already know that. Jacksonville and Buffalo home losses too.

2. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

We will probably win the next 3, beat Indy, then lose to Cincy at home to close out the season in dramatic loserdom.

3. 624

624 Banned

We have allowed a league low 7 pass TDs, and rank 1st in YPC and 2nd in overall pass yardage, opponent QB rating, 1st down %, and completion %.

#63 624, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Now that sounds like Jets football!

5. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

I'm not holding out any hope that we make the playoffs. I'll be okay with a .500 season at this point.

Sigh.

6. SanchezToEdwards

And for us to be at 5-6 with these stats just pisses me off. If we had a qb say Peyton Manning we would probably be undefeated or have 1 loss at most.

7. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Let's get to 8-6 first. We still have atrocious QB situation. Today offense put up only 10 points on the board. As safe as Sanchez played, he still threw an interception. 10 offensive points is not going to be enough to win even against the teams you mentioned on the road. And Atlanta is a good team at 6-5, not below 500. We have a lot of work to do. We simply have to get better play from QB position in order to even get to 8-6.

8. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Forget Payton Manning. We have the worst rated starting QB in entire League. If we even had middle of the pack QB, we are probably leading the division right now.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yeah QB rating is that stat I don't take too seriously.

How about if the defense kept the lead Sanchez gave them in 3 of the losses, this team would be tied with the Pats right now.

football doesn't work like baseball. Stats tell half of the story.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this is sarcasm right?

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

How about getting a TE who doesn't fumble at the 1, making Sanchez's stats look worse because those are pts taken off Sanchez or the running game's point total.

The kid is doing fine for a rookie. He gives us the best chance to win.

12. EdBell

EdBell New Member

The way I see it, we got crushed by the Pats; Sanchez cost us two games (vs Saints and Bills) and the defense cost us two games (@Miami, Jax). The home Miami game was on everyone.

So, to say that with Peyton Manning we'd be 10-1 or undefeated is ridiculous. I think it is not unrealistic to say we should be 7-4 or 8-3.

At the end of the day, the home losses to Buf and Miami are going to be the real killers. - O.J. Simpson

- "You are what your record says you are." - B. Parcells

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ the Miami home game was on the special teams.

14. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I think we've got a shot, but one game at a time. Gotta take care of the Bills.

15. coachmimz17

coachmimz17 New Member

Sanchez has looked bad in the saints game, the bills game and the patriots game. 3 games.. HE played so so in the jacksonville game and played great in houston, ne the first time, tennessee both miami games and oakland.. Today his completion percentage was 13 points higher than his previous 63%.. I think he managed the game great and made some good decisions on shorter routes than just heaving it.. Special teams blew one game, Jets D couldnt stop the Dolphins in another..
    All in all, we should be 7-4, i still count the first miami game and the jacksonville game as losses, nothing crazy happened in those games... The bills ot game and miami special teams debacle were crazy..

16. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

I am sure every QB had a receiver or a tight end not make a play near the goal line or in the end zone. With all that factored in though, Sanchez is rated as the worst starter in NFL. I understand he is a rookie, but the bottom line is that THIS YEAR we still have the worst QB in the league, statistically speaking. Winning next 3 games is a monumental and extremely hard task given that fact.

17. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

The job of the QB is to win games. We have one of the best defenses and running games in the League, so it's not like Sanchez is on a crappy team, and we lose in spite of him. We lose, because QB is the most important position in the League, and we have the worst starting QB in NFL, according to passing ratings. Here are games that we could have won, if our QB play was good: Miami game 2, NO, Bills, Jacksonville, NE game 2. And it's not like in the games that we did win, he was a superstar. He never threw for more than 2 TDs in any of the games, and even 2 he did only twice. Stats don't lie. We have a QB rated at the bottom all starting QBs in NFL. No matter how you slice it, how you twist it, it is what it is. He is a rookie, and he is playing pretty bad by NFL standards. Let's not sugarcoat the obvious. I hope he improves, with the rest of the Jet fans, but now we are struggling because of the QB position.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i still don't know how that's the problem when most people agree he's given this team the chance to win the game 7 times and yet the record is 5-6.

I don't care about "the worst rated QB" when the above statement is true. Its also interesting how skewed those numbers are due to the fact that Sanchez's rating took a dive due to 3 games. Its not like he's been consistently at 60. That's what most ratings lovers don't understand.

19. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Like everyone else fighting for a playoff spot, whether realistic or not, you take it one game at a time.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I only read this sentence because the rest must be as correct as the logic you've chosen to use.

You really think every loss is on him? Watching the defense not being prepared for Miami, seeing the special teams give up 2 TDs to Ginn at home, and watching the Jags win in the final minute were all Sanchez's fault?

You need to understand that ever loss has not been on him.