We Still Have a Good Shot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETS1116, Nov 29, 2009.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hahahaha...

I like the idea.

2. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

A shot is a shot. Sanchez did not look uncomfortable today. The team played well. So glad the Miami shit talkers had their due. It's time for a scotch.

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

"Hey, what was all that one in a million crap?"

4. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

pretty much against every afc team for the rest of the season. if some think we're still alive for the playoffs, they haven't been watching this team. it was one win, nothing more.

what you were watching today was two bad football teams (4-6) playing bad football. just carolina was playing worse than the jets today!!!!!

#44 joesmoe39, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Statistically the Jets are still alive for the playoffs, easily. Realistically, its long shot. A very long shot.

Doesn't mean I wont be rooting for my Jets to win every week. When they are 8-6, I will begin to think about playoffs. Right now, its seeing the building blocks being put together for our young rookie QB and HC.

6. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

3 weeks from now, Ryan and Turner will both be back....

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

If I'm a Falcons fan, I'm worried much more about losing Ryan than Turner for the Jets game.

The Jets run defense has been great all season. I doubt he makes things any more difficult for the D than anyone else they've face so far.

Their passing game was the biggest concern. Revis can shut down White but I don't think anyone on the defense can act as an answer to Gonzalez. Rhodes has the skill set but, regardless of his two picks, he still hasn't shown that he can make a play man-to-man. The defense is going to have to devote at least two guys to Gonzalez and that is going to leave someone open.

#48 CatoTheElder, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  9. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

and until we are statistically out of playoff contention.. that is when I officially give up on the season.. but after watching a lot of these AFC teams.. a wild card spot at 9-7 is not out of the picture.. so all the we need to do is keep playing good football and hopefully come out on top in 2 of the "harder" games between cincy, atlanta, and indi...

10. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

I don't think rhodes is physical enough to cover a big body like gonzalez.. hopefully scott and harris can contain him over the middle.. and we get pressure on Ryan all game so he cant get comfortable...

lets not forget now.. ryan had a really good season last year.. but is not doing too hot this year.. he is only a 2nd year player in this league.. we have are definitely not out of it yet...

11. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

I capitalize team names. Don't know why really, just a very annoying habit I guess, like picking your nose on the subway.

12. Silencer

Silencer Member

Jags are about to lose to the 49ers! All the right teams are losing, sweet.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That miami home loss is gonna kill us just watch

14. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

We have a shot...and I also have a shot of nailing Scarlett Johannson

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Based on the latter, I'd say someone skipped their daily meds today.

16. Jam.

Jam. Banned

No, you don't.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

It's not worth it. She gets lazy and kind of lies there. It's like trying to hump a pillow that has a vagina and a great rack. :wink:

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Call me crazy but we can lose a game yet and still possibly make it in.

I say this because with 5 games to go (if Baltimore wins tonight which is probable) we will be one game out. We will be ONE game out of it.

Does this mean everybody needs to get their hopes up and stop drinking again? No.

19. EL Kabong

EL Kabong Member

Keep the dream alive..

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Our tiebreakers are all screwed up at this point. If we finish 10-6 the only team we beat on tiebreakers at this point is the Texans I believe. We lose to Miami (not that they have a prayer in hell of getting there) on division record followed by head to head. We lose to Pittsburgh and Baltimore based on conference record (our best possible is 7-5 and if either of those teams gets to 10-6 they'll be 7-5 or better unless both get there in which case one will be knocked out in the division tiebreaker.) We lose to Jacksonville on head-to-head. We lose to Denver on conference record.

Basically it's just an ugly equation in which we have to both finish 10-6 and not have two other teams sitting there looking for a wild card also. If by some miracle Houston wins out and is the tie then we're fine, otherwise we're pretty screwed.