We still got a good shot at playoffs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Oct 21, 2012.

1. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

The most the Jets can hopefor is WC. But remember they have not beaten the teams they need to beat to get to the SB....Pitts, BLT, Pats...the same teams every year.

2. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

If the Jets make it to the playoffs, they have a chance to make it all the way. It's not a big chance, but its a chance nonetheless. NE, Pitt, and BAL are all very weak this year. The Texans they managed to play tough and in the end had a shot at beating them. Denver is the team I'm most worried about, but even they have a lot of holes.

3. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

We definitely have a shot. If we lose to the Dolphins it becomes nearly impossible, basically we'd have to rely on other teams to win/lose strategically to help us in the standings. If we beat the Phins and go into bye at 4-4 I can see us winning five or maybe even six (if we beat Pats at home, which is not a stretch at all) games and taking the WC spot at either 9-7 or 10-6.

Honestly this year 8-8 and the tie breaker might get you in, but based on their schedule I think that every single one of their games remaining and realistically "winnable" that's not the same as saying I think they will win all 9 remaining games, because I don't, but if they can win six or seven of them I think we make it in.

Hell, we still have a shot at the AFCE if we beat the Pats at home and they can't beat the 49ers or Texans. Best they can do then is 10-6, if they have a bad game against anyone else they could be 9-7 as well....that being said I think they probably finish 11-5 and do win the division, but that's just me.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

1- Beat a rookie QB at home next week.

2- go into the bye at 4-4, and get healthy (mangold, pouha, ellis, mcknight, keller, hill)

3- go to Seattle rested and healthy with 2 weeks to prepare and beat the Seahawks. This will give NY the tie breaker over NE.

4- Beat Brady at home.

5- finish the season 10-6, 5-1 in the division, tied with NE. See Seattle game for tie breaker.

Jets: AFCE with first week bye.

5. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

I'll have what he's having. In all seriousness, that's unlikely to work out that way. I'm not even coming close to thinking the Seattle game is a win. Tough team in general this year, not to mention the place is almost unanimously considered the toughest place to come to as a road team. And why the hell would the Jets win if I'm traveling 2500 miles to see them play?

6. JAG

JAG New Member

Are there only 2 games left?

7. NewYorkEveryThing

Look at it this way.. We only have had 3 losing seasons since parcell's came in "97..

8. BJXX

BJXX New Member

The playoffs are a definite possibility, but the same can be said for many AFC teams. We all have the same "easy" schedule. That said, the Jets are improving and we should be in contention for a wildcard, and I am not ruling out winning the division if the Pats stumble. But wins over the Dolphins, Rams, Cardinals, Titans, and maybe the Bills in week 17 are essential.

Projected Division Winners: AFCE: Pats ? / AFCW: Broncos (a lock) / AFCN: Ravens ? / AFCS: Texans (a lock)
    If the above is true, then we are competing against the Steelers, Bengals, Dolphins, Bills, and Chargers for 2 WC's. We can be one of the 2 IF we pull it together for big games.

The Steelers and Bengals difficult remaining schedules, the Jets and Bills have relatively "easy" schedules.

8-8 won't cut it. The Steelers should eliminate the Bengals, but we have to eliminate the Dolphins and Bills. Who knows what the Chargers are going to do.

#68 BJXX, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  9. NewYorkEveryThing

Look at it this way..... If we stay on par with the pats... And when we play them next time and beat them,Then we are tied with them... That's the way we should be looking at it...One game at a time and we get a second chance at revenge...

10. jlee499

jlee499 Member

My response bolded...