We Overrated this Roster..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So where is the prediction thread? I've looked for it but can't find it; does Brook! have it in the vault somewhere? It should be nailed to the top of the list and locked so everybody can see how bad they were at predicting and not be able to change anything. I'm pretty sure I went 6 - 10 and was definitely way below the average. Two years in a row of being overly optimistic - "who'd a guessed?"

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

There are a few different prediction threads floating around. I predicted 10-6 in one, then chose 8-8 in one pole, and less then 7 wins in another. Search “record”.

3. Ralebird

Pretty sure there was an "official" one with prizes from @Brook!

K'OB likes this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Yea. That’s one of them.

5. Ralebird

Oops! Duplicate.

6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Way to be a douche.

Someone on the internet was wrong! Alert the press!

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The roster is much better than last year and a roster that a competent head coach can win with. Last we won 4 games but blew many leads and were competitive. This yeaes roster us fine and better than average but lacking in big areas like OL and CB. But the real problem here is not the OL it is coaching. How many times can you go 5 wide and watch free blitzers kill your QB and not adjust? Why leave a shell shocked QB in the game against NE so they can beat on him some more and destroy even more of his confidence.

The problem is not the roster but a hard headed coach who will not protect his players or adjust when things are not working.

I don't consider Bowles and Bates good coaches but they could win 8 games with this roster. The problem here is arrogance, ego and stupidity. Above all else protect your FQB physically and mentally. Gase is not a leader of men.

NCJetsfan and MoWilkBeast like this.
  8. Ralebird

Probably so guys like you couldn't make three different guesses then cherry pick the right one after the season to show how good you were!
    Oh, man. Learn how to take a freakin' joke. Sorry you couldn't figure it out without an emoji.

K'OB likes this.
  9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I think you do have to make some allowances for a large number of injuries and the like at key positions which has lowered the available talent levels, but this doesn't dilute your point really. The opening day roster was significantly better than last year. The coaching isn't.

10. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

We looked decent on paper at the beginning of the season.

Then game 1 happened. A lot of injuries, moves that didn’t pan out, blew up in our face even.

People that say, “blow up the team” This is what a blown up team looks like. We had a different GM during the draft and after the draft.

This season is just the perfect storm.

Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

12. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

MacCagnan had a King's ransom to rebuild this roster last year and he invested it in the wrong places. He should have shored up our OL. He should have addressed CB. He probably should have drafted that Edge Rusher we still desperately need. Instead he overpaid for Bell and Mosley. Those are 2 very good players but I think of them as complementary players for good teams who already have a solid core. Mac left the Jets woefully deficient at key positions.

I feel like for at least the last 7 years I've been saying - "boy, the Jets need a big draft this year". We all know how that's turned out.

13. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

Guilty.

14. Ralebird

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

16. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I get he got fired, he is gone. But I still can't wrap my mind why would he neglect the Oline. He has a scout background, correct? how could he not see that it was in such bad shape???? I would love to see him give an inter view and explain that to the fans.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Mitch Morse (C), Matt Paradis (C), Roger Saffold (G), Trent Brown (LT), Ja'Wuan James (RT), and DJ Fluker (T/G) were all listed in the top 70 free agents. The first five inside the top 35.

We went with the runningback that hadn't played in effectively two calendar years. And Mosely, who I do like. But honestly our linebacker play was acceptable last year with Lee and Williamson and friends. It wasn't some horrible hole to justify the biggest LB contract ever.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Jet war room on Draft Day?

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

all those lineman you list, while they are professional linemen which makes them certainly better than the scrubs starting this Sunday, are all average joes or damaged goods. Bell & Mosley are pro bowl players. but yeah, they shoulda overpaid for at least one of them.

linebacker was a need. Sharon lee sucked and still sucks. More importantly though, the defense needed a lead by example type. which is what Mosely is. its too damn bad he got injured

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Trent Brown has played pretty well for the Raiders. Everytime I watch a Panthers game, Christian McCaffrey is breaking off a 50 yard touchdown run off the center. I watch him a lot as he's on my fantasy team and I have Sunday Ticket.

I can't comment on the others. And I love Mosely and Alabama LB's in general. So I guess I should complain less about him because I really loved signing him. They're usually true field generals as you stated.

NCJetsfan likes this.