We need a RB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tight, Jan 7, 2007.

1. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Amen....although I think DT should be at the top of the list, followed by RB and OLB.

2. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Whenever I think about picking up somebody's backup..I think about Oakland signing Lamont Jordan. Jordan was great for the Jets in a limited role. Once he became a featured back, his career went downhill.

3. zoobooz

zoobooz Member

I think we need another RB, but don't need to waste a high rounder... Improve the OL/DL and get a pass rusher first. Leon splitting crries can be effective, and if not for that fumble the running game was starting to get going on that drive as Leon had an 11 and 19 yard rushes just prior...

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

this is my first troll stament, "our run blocking sucks".

leon can shred d's later in games and he gets yards in chunks. gains of 11 and 19 right beofre the lateral turnover. 3 backs on the roster, only one who can average over 4 YPC.

we definitely need 1 more back but this OL needs some more additions if were going to open any running lanes.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I do not consider your post trolling as I fully agree that our OL cannot run block at least up to now. We may also need a RB but no RB will have any success running behind our present OL

6. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

I know a lot of people think that FB is an unimportant position, but I think a real run blocking FB would also help our running game.

7. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

Bingo!!! I love THIS team we've assembled but without the above, we'll always fall short. I have PLENTY of faith in Tannenbaum and Mangini. We'll get it done.

8. Zcore

Zcore New Member

All I can say is MARSHAWN LYNCH or Brian Leonard (FB/Rutgers) He can do it all Block, Run, Catch......go get Lance Briggs too. We have more than enough cap room to get him

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

H'mm are you aware that Lamont blew out his knee & will need reconstructed surgery?

10. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

NEON LEON averaged 4.5 yards a carry yesterday. That tells me he can do the job. he will need a big partner and a roadgrader OG. TUTTS can be a /
    major find for us!

11. Tight

Tight Active Member

are you aware, he sucked before that ?