We need a RB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tight, Jan 7, 2007.

1. JetFan4Life

JetFan4Life Member

The difference in this game was that New England was able to put pressure on Chad with only 3 or 4 lineman while we always needed at least 5 or 6 and even then we didn't get much pressure at all.

Washington did just fine today and all season. He's short, but he is very powerful (how many hand tackles brought him down). He's just a rookie but he is actually the best type of running back. He is low to the ground, very powerful but fast enough to break away when needed.

He has the ability but can he handle the pounding of carrying the ball 25 times per game. That is the only question. Remember, Washington is only a rookie so we don't know what he will be like in the future.

Before you look to improving a pretty good position already let's look to upgrading areas that really need it, such as the DL. We need either the big DL that always requires two people to block him or the big, fast DE, outside LB that can get the quarterback.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Leon is a 3rd down, Bruce Harper back. He's not Barry Sanders. He's not what we need in a everydown, Feature back. He is dangerous, but only in situations where the defense isn't looking for him. Where the defense doesn't know that #29 is getting the ball.

We need to be upgraded still. Our 10 wins, while impressive, are nothing to sit on. We need a Big assed RB who can make yards without alot of help from a mediocre OLine. We need an upgrade on the Oline to compliment Mangold and Ferguson.

This team isn't as bad as some would like to think, nor are we as good as the media would suggest.

Next Season starts RIGHT NOW FOLKS!!!

Go Jets!

3. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

OK fellow Jets fans, you're asking which RB the jets should get. Here is my personal opinion.

1) Michael Turner. This guy can bulldoze you over but he can also outrun you. LT had an interview and all he did was say how great his backup (Turner) is. He has true talent and has a great relationship with schotty.

2)If the jets dont get Turner. DRAFT MICHAEL BUSH. this guy is awesome! unbelievable. Look at his size. 6'3" 247 lbs. That is a WORKHORSE! He has unbelievable speed too (4.50 40 yd dash)

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Leon is probably going to end up being our smaller, faster Kevin Faulk. He's not solid enough to break arm tackles of defensive linemen in the interior, but he is hell when you've been pounding a warrior through there all drive and then throw Leon's speed into the mix.

We still don't have a feature back to carry the starting load. But I don't think they should or will address the issue on day 1 of the draft. I would expect a trade or FA acquisition for next year's experiment.

5. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I don't care who we get, it will be worthless if this OL remains. They are just not a good run blocking line. They're not strong enough. Of Kendall/Moore/Clement, atleast two of them must be replaced.

6. A.C.E.S

A.C.E.S New Member

I think with a name of Lance Briggs could very well help us.

7. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Leon Washington averaged nearly 5 yards per carry today. I am not saying that he is our future #1, but there is no reason to waste a day-one draft pick on a RB this year. Let Leon & Cedric split the carries next year and see what happens

8. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Yup, you guys do need a running back.

Please put the pipe down though, your not getting Portis. You guys can't just go out and pick up a franchise back like that, then everyone would be doing it. Right now the NFL is short on franchise backs which is why most teams are running a committee-like run game.

9. Mexican Buc

I say Leon splitting carries with an underachieving veteran will have a lot more success. Chris Brown here, IMO, would be great for what he'll cost. (nothing)

10. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

we need a runningback that will make berman use his thump noises.

Brian Leonard or Tony Hunt

11. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Oooooo right. So what you're saying is...

Cut 2 of the 3 RBs who have actually started this season. Get someone else to carry half the load (specifically a big back that can get yards...obviously very easy to find). Definitely don't do this early in the draft either.

Just out of curiosity, what do you realistically expect? And who, might I add?

12. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

And how much better will Chris be when his ass has not proven that he could stay healthy in either college or the pros?

The next time Chris stays healthy will be the first time!

13. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

I'm heading to the combine next month! I can't take the perpetual whining long term, so I'll go on hiatus until after I get back from Indy! So long folks.

14. Mexican Buc

Health can be managed. The Jets have been amazingly healthy and for the most part can keep their players that way.

Barlow is healthy and can't do anything. I'll take a health risk knowing I have "no production" as my other option.

15. Tight

Tight Active Member

You make little to no sense, how then do you explain edgerrin james, and shaun alexander being put on the block for second rounders a few years back ?

It can be done.

16. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

What we need to do is keep Washingtin and Houston and bring in a guy like Portis. Perfect!

17. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I think all we need is Washington and a feature back

18. BxJetFan

BxJetFan New Member

Michael Turner is younger and probably would be cheaper too. His legs are also fresh since he's been Lt's backup his entire career

19. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I think all we need is 3 backs on our team.

20. MacMan

MacMan New Member

I agree that we need a RB. I don't think we need another CM though. I think if we get a RB in the second round that is BIG...or even a Brandon Jacobs kind of guy, I feel that that type of RB would be good enough to take us to where we need to be on offense.

After that..draft DEF!