We need a playmaker: Draft McFadden

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreyhoundJet, Nov 30, 2007.

1. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I would take the trade but who is going to offer us that? What team is willing to do that? Most would rather take the next rated back then give up the picks. Ray Rice in the second is better than giving up two number ones for anybody.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It seems that everyone who claims this guy is the 2nd coming of Christ also claims no one is willing to trade very much for him. Please tell me what gives with that.

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing all along.

Firstly, McFadden seems to be so talented he ranks with Peterson, without ever taking a snap in the NFL.

So let's assume for a second that he is that good.

1) Why would he drop 5 spots? Maybe Miami doesn't need him, but St. Louis? We're saying that while he isn't a need position for us, we should take him because he's the BPA, but no one else should do the same before us?

2) Why would no one be willing to trade up to get him if he fell that far? It's not like trading for the #1 pick. If he's that great, there will be a taker out there.

It makes so little sense. Then again, this entire conversation makes little sense. It truly seems that every year, more and more people are affected by the magic they are able to pull off in Madden, and apply that philosophy to the Jets.

4. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

How many yards did Mcfadden get against Auburn this year? How about FIU?

5. Section 227. Row 5

Oh, have you hit the nail on the head or what?

6. FOURTHANDLONG

Would you trade two number one picks for anybody if you could get Ray Rice in the second round? McFadden might be the Bpa when we pick but as of right now he is not worth trading away your whole draft for. As I have said before it would be in our best interest to trade down but the reality of the situation is who is going to trade up to us? After the Eli Manning Fiasco teams have learned not to give away their drafts on Hype. This is a BPA v.s Need Argument for our Ny Jets.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

What does this even mean? Teams have top 5 picks every year and teams use those top 5 picks on players with immense talent every year, in the real NFL. Nothing to do with Madden..

It's not ridiculous to think we can improve if we draft McFadden, it is ridiculous to think we can't improve if we draft McFadden.

8. FOURTHANDLONG

Miami has a RB
    Atlanta-Has to take a Qb
    Pats via Sf-Pats might take him as a luxury pick.
    St Louis-They have Steven Jackson and drafted Leonard this year.
    Ny Jets-???????
    Maybe these teams jump ahead of us if we win more games this season.
    Kc-Larry Johnson
    Oak-Will take him if they move pass us
    Cinci-Rudi Johnson
    Carolina-They have two backs
    Houston-Will take him if they move past us
    Baltimore-Traded for Mcgahee last year

This disaster pick will fall to us some how some way!

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Does Miami have a RB as good as McFadden? Or even one as healthy? (Though you can be all but sure they'll take a QB.)

Atlanta needs to take a QB as bad as we need to take an OT. Obviously, this whole argument is predicated on BPA, so why wouldn't Atlanta, a team with more problems than us, take the BPA?

St. Louis is garbage. Why not take the BPA? BTW: Steven Jackson: 165Carries, 628 yards, 3.8 YPC. Thomas Jones: 231 Carries, 838 yards, 3.6 YPC.

KC will take a defensive player until either Herm goes, or LJ breaks down, so that's fair.

Oakland will probably be worse than us when all is said and done. They will take him if available.

Cinci, obviously not.

Carolina will almost surely take a QB. Fair enough again.

Houston will take him.

I doubt the Pats would take him, unless it was public knowledge we planned on grabbing him. Heaven help us if they do though.

The point is, there are teams out there for whom McFadden would make as much sense for them as he would for us. The point of the post you responded to was that so many people act like the draft is the Jets' own personal playground. I wouldn't even say there's a "chance" he'll be off the board when we pick, I'll go so far as to say it's likely he'll be taken already.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I do not agree. Trading up from #5 to #2 and giving up next years 1st is the equivalent of McFadden at all costs.

11. FOURTHANDLONG

Steven Jackson and the Rams just had an off year. Steven Jackson is awesome and there is no way the Rams are going to take a Rb. Miami is the wildcard but I think they will take Dorsey with the number one. Unless Oakland or Houston move past us they are the only teams that will definitely take him. A Qb to Atl is a no brainer. We do need an Ot but is the guy that is rated that high going to be there when we pick? If they took him I would not complain but Im for taking tackles in the 3rd round and below. I want difference makers with the first few rounds. Thomas Jones is not young and a replacement has to be looked at for him as well as Coles. If The Texans or Raiders do not pick before us there is a big chance he will be there for us at Five.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Thank you for the honest answer. I've been trying to determine how valuable you think this guy is and now this explains why you've been pounding the table unmercifully over this.

And this is where you and I have a huge disagreement. I'd take this deal in a heartbeat. Move down 4 spots in this year's draft and get a second 1st Round pick for next year? Where do I sign?

13. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think I would take this deal, too. Though I wouldn't complain about McFadden being on the team, I haven't seen enough yet to convince me. A lot of us, incuding myself, were gaga over Reggie Bush. While Bush is pretty good, he is not even close to as good as I thought he would be. Adrian Peterson is a much better back - bigger, sronger, probably more durable in the long run, and will ultimately do much better than Bush will ever do. The big difference is Peterson was taken much lower in the draft and is very likely a much better back.

Having seen this, I can not get enamoured with any one back. If we were offered a bunch of picks for our spot if McFadden was available, we should take the picks.

#213 GreenHornet, Dec 5, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  14. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Lol, I'll not fall for the same mirage as I did a few years ago with Reggie. I remember how badly most of us wanted to get him if he fell to us. I learned my lesson that draft. As it turned out MauriceJD ended up being spectacular and we still got away with Neon Leon, whom I feel with proper blocking can have a huge impact on a game.

That being said, it seems like there are no top guys who fit our needs on the Dline and we can't add another OLine that high right? Trading down seems unlikely given but possible, and in all likelihood we will probably win another game to take us out of the running altogether.

Seems like alot is stacked against us to land this guy, why get your hopes up so early in the process?
    Am I missing something here?

15. FOURTHANDLONG

The question is where is this mysterious team that will give us this offer?

16. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I think you're right. I see us winning at least 1, if not 2 more games, putting us in the running for guys like Ellis, Campbell, and Jenkins. McFadden will be a debate of the past.

17. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

Don't forget about Jerry Jones........He LOVES that razorback and just might trade up to get him

18. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

McFadden does not impress me all that much to tell you the honest truth. And I am not the only one. There are quite a few analysts who have stated that McFadden has been handled a few times this season by opponants. I think McFadden will do well in the NFL. But not to the extent some of you are making him out to be.

He is DEFFINATELY NOT worth it for us (especially with two good RBs on the roster already) to trade down, or IMO even pick him if he falls to us. We have needs, and a RB who quite honestly is not what you people are making him out to be is not worth it.

19. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

If we beef up both lines with quality and maybe acquire a darn good WR in the draft we will be much , much better next year; bet on it.

20. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Just curious again - which games did you watch McFadden play in this season?