We hired mangini for this ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tight, Oct 1, 2006.

1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I don't understand what's wrong with someone complaining about the defense more than being proud of a moral victory. If it was a one-time defensive breakdown then to bitch might be pushing it. However, the Jets D hasn't produced when it needed it most in four straight games (unless you count the last minute stop in Tenn - after letting them back in the game).

IMHO saying the Jets are rebuilding shouldn't be giving this team defense a free pass. Although they have changed schemes it's not like they are starting rookies out there.

2. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

i agree with this if we are trying to win now. but if he wants to run a 3-4 next year, it is smart to start now and see who can play

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me?

your mad at a 35 yr old whos coaching his 4th game? DAMN, HE OUTCOACHED TONY DUNGY IN JUST ABOUT EVERY WAY.

4. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

easy answer?

Yes.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

so because i realistically felt that the Jets werent going to win, Im not a True Jets fan? better check your crystal ball again buddy!!

I thought we had a fighting chance to make this a very close game, but I thought that the Colts ultimately would win...now was i wrong?

6. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Man I hear you but c'mon it's too much of a cakewalk with this D. The way I see the line should be Ellis Drob Kimo BT and the lb's are Hobson Vilma Barton. Either way we can't get to the QB at all, why the fuck weren't we blitzing. Any loss is a bad loss

7. akibud

akibud Active Member

I've been trying to make that point since training camp. Especially with a new CS where the guy has never been a head coach. You have nothing to judge him off, some people see that as the biggest reason why he would fail, I see that as the one reason he has a shot to succeed!!

I expect the Jets to win their next 12 games!!

If they don't, oh well, I will see how it unfolds, but as a fan of this team with a completely new identity, I am setting my expectations very high.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I did not say you were not a true fan. I was looking at the first sentence in your post, if that was you.

Well you would think you would expect that. Why else do you watch your team play? I am guessing because you are hoping/expecting a win. If not, are you sure you are a true fan? Just checkin.... ;)

#48 IIMeanDeanII, Oct 1, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  9. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

WOW, a new defensive system and you guys are complaining because they kept us in the game except after late.........most of you fans that complain about this make me sad, NO ONE COME IN ONE YEAR AND MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!!! How many teams go with a huge change from the 4-3 to the 3-4 and go to a lights out defense, never happens. relax people show faith in the guy

10. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

I hate it when people write crap like this, the ole' "get on the bandwagon or get lost" view.

Fans have a right to be upset. It's not about the fact that we lost this game, but it's HOW we lost this game.

To tell someone to go find another team because they have a negative view on a LOSS is ridiculous, what you makes you the high and mighty official spokesperson for Jets fans?

I was dissapointed to see this defense beaten so easily when we really needed it, and I do understand how good Manning and the Colts are. I do understand what a "rebuilding" year is. This one was so close I could taste it, and to have it fall apart in the end is crushing.

If you can't understand that view of a Jets fan, then maybe you need to find a new football team, instead of judging others......

11. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

man people are getting banned left and right.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is possibly one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen. I'm glad Tight gets a vacation.

13. Jetman36

Jetman36 New Member

Glad this idiot was banned...Mangini is looking pretty damn good for a rookie head coach with a YOUNG team. All you haters get your heads out of your asses or root for the Giants...

This board is turning into a joke...

14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He said that to the thread creator because of his thread title. We lost a game to a really good football team. I feel the same way about a lot of the negative people here on this forum. Darksiders is what you call them.. We are doing highly better than anyone has expected from us so far, and Mangini is learning things as well. It always sucks to lose a game, but you dont have to blame/bash everyone on the team to make yourself feel better. I am heartbroken that we lost that close game, but you cant just shun all of the positives they had in this game either. Some posters are just off the handle with some of their posts I have noticed. People just need to get some patience, and some faith.

15. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

I was skeptical of Mangini after a very weak preseason. i questioned his ability to prepare this team for the season. We all know about his 9th Plane of Hell Training camp but it did not show in the preseason at all.

I was pleasantly suprised by the team against the Titans. They seemed squared away despite the vast amount of changes that have ensued from the 2005 season.

I am becoming a fan of Mangini quickly now, this team is playing above expectations and that is the sign of good coaching. Wether we go 2 and 14 or 14 and 2 you've got to think we will compete week after week and that is a lot more than many of us expected. The close ones always hurt the most, but the close wins always feel the best.

PS: I liked the goal line call. There's no F'ing around with the Colts, you must take chances to keep pace against a team that is more talented.

16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Even with all the Draw Plays??

17. JetsFan58

JetsFan58 New Member

Yes, we DID hire Eric Mangini to give us a team that fights through 60 minutes or longer, to be aggressive and go for the kill rather than waiting for the other team to hand us the game, to encourage his coaches to make adjustments on the fly and adapt to the game situation. And that's what he did today. If we had better personnel this could have been a Jets blowout.

18. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I think we're overreacting here.

19. JetsFan58

JetsFan58 New Member

kind of pussy-like, isn't it? this place bans people who post things moderators don't agree with? geeze, man up.

20. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

dude (tight) from someone who just returned from the game and witnessed that effort first hand...you really are an idiot. That place was electric!!! Yes, the Jets should have held on to win that game because they simply outplayed the Colts, but you know what...while everyone left that stadium upset over the fact that they lost that game, there was NOBODY who was complaining about mangini. players make the plays and they simply didn't get it done! You want to be pissed be mad at the D. Otherwise be happy that we just took the "best" team in the NFL deep into the fourth quarter and had the chance to beat them. Most of us are thrilled with the fact the for the first time, we finally have a competitive team and staff that can compete week in and week out!

#60 Benny the Jet, Oct 1, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2006