We hired mangini for this ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tight, Oct 1, 2006.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Tight , I have respect for you and recentley you have made some quality posts , but this isn't one of them.

Remember....rebuild is not overnight. Before this game If i'd told you the score you would have probably taken it. It was a gutsy display and the team for the most part played their part......take heart from that.

2. erasmus

erasmus New Member

Maybe you should have another beer and put away the wife beater. Jet's played WAY better then they should have. Remember...this was supposed to be a rebuilding year and we almost beat the Colts.

3. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

I'll trade you Coughlin for Mangini, straight up.

Seriously, to complain like this is retarded. This is a playoff team in one year, maybe even this year, and you're complaining. Asenine. Absolutely asenine.

4. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

Geez, THe D didnt FINISH today ... that 1 PLAY is stupid but IF the D just FINISHED, that Play would not matter

5. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

DAMN RIGHT! Enough said. Just shut up!

This team is headed in the right direction, this is a different jets team.

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Yeah, I'm totally shocked we let Tom Brady and Peyton Manning pass on us.

7. akibud

akibud Active Member

I know!! its not like they can pull that shit on the rest of the NFL!!

8. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

What the fuck is this crap? Wasn't the general consensus on this board that this team wasn't even going to win 8 games, wasn't everyone predicting 3-6 wins? Now everyone's changed their predictions overnight? It doesn't work that way. Don't give me that fucking shit. The only person that can be negative on this is fucking RobA, and even he picked the Colts game as a loss. This pisses me off, fuck you. People all got on RobA, saying he's an idiot when he predicted a good season, and now you guys are getting on Mangini for not having SB team overnight?

9. Tight

Tight Active Member

You guys make it seem like i said I want mangini dead. Are you telling me that I can't say im dissapointed in the way our defense played ? I just disappointed that is all. Sorry for the negativity.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

This was NOT Mangini's fault. People always criticize coaches for botched 4th down calls, but praise them when they work. Our defense deserves most of the blame here, as the offense did EVERYTHING it could to win the game.

I feel really good about the Mangini regime.

11. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

That's a Jets fan for you, we could go undefeated and win every game by 70 and someone will still bitch about it.

12. Tight

Tight Active Member

I am not everybody , I am me. Put the gun down. Take a deep breath.

13. jetsaholic10

jetsaholic10 Member

Mangini and his staff brings gameplanning, the only reason why we were even in this game. Look at the plays we ran at different situations. The coaching staff knew what they were doing. As far as the 4th down interception, a coach playing the colts are playing to score alot of points so they can have a big advantage over the offensive powerhouse like the colts.

14. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

You guy gotta be fucking kidding me, we are playing fucking 3-4 defense even though it has proved ineffective on SERVERAL occasions. No fucking pass rush, WE DO NOT HAVE THE PERSONEL TO PLAY 3-4 Our tackles are small so are our Lb's why can't anyone in the fucking Jets braintrust can't see this. Mangini needs to be his own fucking person and man up and play fucking 4-3.

15. ArsenileSchmegma

ArsenileSchmegma New Member

The Jets played a great game and despite the loss, fans should be encouraged.

BTW....as a Colts fan, I'd gladly trade your D for ours. They couldn't tackle a bedsheet on a clothesline...they suck ass.

The best blocks laid for Miller was by the Colts D.

16. dueskays

dueskays New Member

The fact of the matter is, we had a very very good chance to win this game. If we kick the FG instead of going for the td (Mangini's call) its a different scenario completely. Its not a matter of whether this team is moving in the right direction, we all know they are IT also doesn't matter that we were "supposed" to get blown out. It's that a rookie coach has made a few questionable decisions, and today they came back to hurt us. I'm not dismissing the fact that the defense can't make a stop when it needs to, but not taking the points when you can doesn't put the team in the best position to win. Mangini's on his way to becoming a very good coach, but 4 games into his career, he isn't just quite yet.

17. Well today it's hard to get too upset about the defense as Manning and the Colts pretty much do this to everyone in their path.

But these are the issues I see...

1. Overpursuit by the middle linebackers- Today after the 1st QTR our D-line stepped it up pretty well. Ellis and D rob really held their ground and got some good penetration. But I counted at least 5 plays where Vilma, Barton and occassionally BT over ran the play which resulted in some long gains. I think the 2 MLB's are still adjusting to the change from a attacking style defense like was ran by DH to "read and react" scheme that we currently run. Anyone that didn't believe that the change in scheme would hamper our defense was kidding themselves, regardless of Mangini's defensive background.

2.Lack of pass rush- Ellis and D rob(who by the way had an outstanding game) both had some good moments of getting after Manning. But both are generally more "collapse the pocket" kind of guys rather than true speed rushers. We really lack a true speed rusher off the edge. In other games we have been able to counter that w/ well timed blitzes by Rhodes and co. But Manning can pick apart any blitz and it's better to play 2 deep "bend- dont break" defense against him.

3. lack of aggression from the secondary- I saw alot of tentative play from the secondary. Guys showing good speed and coverage ability but no willingness to step in front of a pass or make a play. I understand the concept of trying to eliminate the big play..but eventually a statement has to be made in order to strike fear in the opposition. I didnt see that today.

18. akibud

akibud Active Member

It's not your negativity that comes into question, its your thread title, the title suggests we erred immensely by hiring Mangini, somehow based on something from today's game.

19. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

We don't have the personnel to play a 4-3 either. I'd rather play the defense I want in the future, and get the personnel, rather than play something that won't work anyway and will just set us back another year.

20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I dont care how good, or bad we are in this league. You should ALWAYS, ALWAYS expect your team to win, that is what a true fan does. You have faith for your team, and you stay faithful. I dont know why people think like that. I have always been that way though....

This thread is a joke, and it is funny how a lot of people feel like the sky is falling after a loss to the Colts. Why? It is natural for a team to lose games, and it is natural for teams to lose games in the re-building season for teams. Nobody wants loses to happen, but they do. We held pace with the Colts, and lost by just a field goal. It could've went either way, and felt we played good against them. We will only get better, and we are showing improvement every week. So lets hope we play even better against the Jags next week, and get us a win.