We have won 3 of 4

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Milliner is your Mommy, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I didnt realize you win the division in week 10. They also have a top 3 Offense in the league.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's kind of my point. The Jets are in deep shit right now and they're going to have to claw really hard for the next month just to stay relevant in the playoff race without really being favored at any point in that process.

3. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

We were suppose to be a different sort of team this year instead we have regressed, that's the disappointing thing'. The goal wasn't to back into the playoffs again, but to push through the division and show we are for real.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

And no room for error. We either win 6 out of our last 7, or it's all over.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how about you grow a brain and obtain even the slightest bit of comprehension. nobody is saying it is the end of the world, and those people who are are just as much an idiot as someone who would attempt to say it isn't a big deal. it is a huge deal.

and your dependence on an exception like the Packers simply reveals how weak your argument is to begin with. more reason why you need that brain to grow pronto.

a fan that simply hopes their team is good enough to make the playoffs and then hopes they may win is a fucking pathetic fan. I want my team good enough to actually make the playoffs without a doubt and when they are in the playoffs have it a bigger surprise if they lose than if they win. those expectations come with regular season success and dominance -- the type of regular season success that the majority of the teams that win the Super Bowl have.

this is actually such a post so rich in pure, unadulterated dumb fuckery without even the slightest bit of sense or relevance to the post in question that I am at a loss at how to accurately describe how stupid someone must be to make it.

6. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

No doubt we got screwed by the league ... but the good news is, a guy who can't throw the football, and is just beginning to learn how to read an NFL defense gets three days to get reay for the most exotic defense he'll face to date in his career. If they want to hand it off or run the option on every down ... best of luck.

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

denver has no running backs
    tebow has no time to study film on us, which is only amplified by the fact he can't read defenses.

you act like we're the only one at a disadvantage.

8. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I really don't see another option - just because the Jets lost last night they are supposed to pack up their lockers and head home?? There is a TON of football left to play, anything can happen. Stay positive and keep pushing forward.

I for one did not think the Jets would come out this year and walk away with the division and a home playoff game...you need to earn that shit, and they are not making good. However, if you bought into all their hype and now feel pissed off because everything Rex, the Jets and most of the media said the Jets would be this season is not coming true, then shame on you!

I saw a Patriot team last night that is not as good as they once were. A team that is finally coming back down to earth and we let them off the hook with our own poor play. Besides Carter, the Patriots did not dominate us in any way, we beat ourselves with poor decisions, dropped INTs, muffed punts and a poor gameplan.

If you take away all the hype, all the promises, and just look at this season as a football/Jets fan, we are in a solid position to make the playoffs - which is ALWAYS the goal in my mind. Sure it would be nice if we could dominate the division and have a few laughers to ease the stress..but I am not giving up on this team, a team that I now can make shit happen when they need to. They need to go out and stomp on Denver and hope Cincy hits a losing streak, which they are due for.

Last night SUCKED..I tailgated for 5 hours only to see that piss-poor performance on the big stage..but life goes on, and so does the season. Its not rose colored glasses, its fukn reality.

9. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Unfortunately, you seem to be in the minority on this.

A couple WC and Division playoff wins is really no big deal at all.

10. jets_fan_in_fishtown

then why has your team failed to do it in the past 3 years?

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Broncos are third in the NFL in rushing and they're going to be pushing off the ball hard all night long. The odds the Jets aren't gassed by the third quarter are really low.

Of course if our offense could control the ball and keep the defense off the field then we'd probably survive that. Anybody want to lay bets on the offense saving the defense in this game?

12. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

The Pats were watching the Super Bowl from the exact same place as the Jets.

So what difference does it make if you lose the WC game, Division game or Conference championship game?

Do you get brownie points if you win a WC and Division playoff game and then always lose in the AFCCG?

13. jets_fan_in_fishtown

what you want is irrelevant. anything can happen in the playoffs. you get there, and go on a run. if this team finishes 11-5, that's "good enough to make the playoffs without a doubt". Everything else is irrelevant if you don't get there to begin with.

The only recent super bowl winner who was dominant in the regular season was the Saints, and they went into a mini tailspin at the end of the regular season. personally, i'd be happy just GETTING to the super bowl.

14. jets_fan_in_fishtown

you at least have something to hope for and to occupy 2-3 more weeks of the season instead of posting on wheel of time forums and compiling 20k posts on an opposing teams forum

15. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

The difference is experience, for which there is no substitute. I am not sure what you mean by brownie points? This is football, you gain confidence, relevance and experience when you win WC and Division PO games. Also, if the Pats had beaten the Jets in the Divisional round last year, you would be pretty pumped as a fan base...that helps too.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

WTF????

Yeah, so easy all 32 teams are doing it.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, it has nothing to do with what I want, it has to do with what history has shown.

your dependence on the exception is beyond ridiculous, it is outright fucking stupid and historically ignorant. the Colts may not have won the Super Bowl during their best season, but they had a stretch of seasons of dominance in the league. they were a dominant team. Same with the Steelers. The other teams to have won it in recent history all had dominating individual seasons or even stretches of dominance -- Patriots, Rams, Buccaneers, Cowboys, 49ers, etc.

only the Packers and Giants are the exceptions in the last 20 plus years -- teams without a stretch of league dominance or a great single dominating season.

Being a dominating team doesn't just rely on winning the Super bowl. The Colts have been a dominating team for the past decade with only 1 Super Bowl. why -- regular season dominance over opponents that led to division titles, playoff births and victories. just because 1 team every season was better than them doesn't change the fact that they were dominant over a long stretch of time.

those are the types of teams that win Super Bowls. how about you go take a look at the list of Super Bowl winners, you will see a pattern in which what you think can happen is so unlikely -- simply making the playoffs despite not being a dominant team and then just getting hot -- it take a special kind of mental defect to think that is all it takes to win the Super Bowl.

it has nothing to do with what I want, historical evidence says otherwise. don't take my word for it.

18. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I don't really get all the positivity going on here. No, the season isn't over, but how anyone can be happy about the position this team is in at the moment is beyond me.

In the games that the Jets have lost this season they haven't looked good at all. It's not as if they lost a couple of heartbreakers and had a bad week or two - they've either shown up and played well or completely self-destructed a la last night - there doesn't seem to be any inbetween.

In all likelihood they will need to go 6-1 to finish the season just to get a WC and it just doesn't seem probable that they won't have at least 2 more disasters after the up and down play we've seen so far. Of course I'll be rooting for them week in and week out as always, but to think they're in a decent position at this point isn't logical.

19. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I think I get what you are trying to say here, but its a bit contradictory. The whole point is Super Bowl rings right? So you have to make the playoffs to even have a shot right? So wouldn't your odds increase to win a SB if you go to the playoffs more? The Jets have a very good chance of making the playoffs 3 years in a row, which gives them three more shots at winning a championship then they would have had otherwise. Winning a division makes the road there a bit easier, but it affords you no more of a chance then the WC. You said it yourself, the Colts have been dominant for quite some time and only have 1 championship to show for it. The Pats were 16-0 and 14-2 and have nothing to show for it except those pretty records.

Dominating is nice, but SB rings are better.

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Backing in to the playoffs is just a fucking stupid thing to say. You earn your spot like we have the last 2 years. We won 11 games last year that is not backing in. It sucks we got swept by NE but we still have 7 games left this season. If we lose against Tim Tebow it will be alarming. Yesterday was awful and it sucks but people need to see the big picture and that is we are still in a great position to make the playoffs where we have proven we can do big things.

The truth is the AFC has been weird all season and any team in the playoffs can end up making it to the superbowl. The Steelers got swept by the Ravens who just lost to the seahawk and fucking jaguars. NE lost to Buffalo.