We can kiss 2009 season goodbye

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. njjet

njjet Member

There is no guarantee that a high draft choice will be come a franchise player. At number 17 in the draft I don't like any of the QB. So let?s just start grooming someone we have on the roster. We have just as much chance that one of these guys could develop into the franchise player everyone wants. I do like Josh Freeman out of KS. He's 6'6 and 250 lbs with a very strong arm.

2. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

i agree with this, i don't want to use 17 on a QB when we should build the D completely first. Let's see what the kids have this year and if not, we'll see what next year's crop is like?

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i meant any QB. Ratliff, Clemens, Ainge, draft pick... if they are a 9 year starter, good.

Its all about stability.

4. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Shows how little you know about football too. Favre not only suffered the worst in season injury of his entire career (a partialy torn biceps on his throwing arm), He wasn't even in that great of shape going into the season because he did really nothing in the offseason because he retired.

Favre got you to 8-3, and he virtually won the two games that the jets are were suppose to lose. He came up big in the biggest games you played all year. He did what he was brought to do: Win the games you are not suppose too.

Unfortunately, not being in good shape, and then tearing his biceps, lead to poor play by him down the stretch. Toss in the fact the defense became non existent, the running game disapeared, Leon wasn't getting used much, and Favre was hit (i believe you'de have to look it up) for a record amount of times in a single season for his entire career (aka he was hit more this year then any season he has ever played)... yeah. Favre beat the teams he was brought here to beat, then his injury (which doctors feel happened in week 6) finally caught up to him. Unfortunately for favre, his timely decline came when every other aspect of the team declined.

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

We have to remember to start a thread called, "We can kiss the 2009 season, Hello" when traing camp starts in July.