We can all do LESS

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by dmw, Sep 9, 2016.

1. BuzzKillington

They can protest anything they want. On their own time.

Protest at work, in your employers uniform, and you have the right to be fired.

Protest on national television and you have the right to be ridiculed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Goes on football forum to implore people not to watch football while admitting he will watch football if its jets football.

Goodell is quivering bro, quivering

3. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Agreed

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

buncha savages in this town

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That is not for you to decide if they can do something or not. Soldiers fought for the right for us to have that freedom.

What you said here is exactly the problem right now in America in terms of race relations. Not blaming you but just pointing it out.

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

All I said it's his right to be able to protest because of those who fought for the flag. Thats why I think it's ignorant with what they are doing. These guys have power money and means to change society locally. They could educate and help those that were maybe in their situation. Instead of doing that they're sitting down and passing the bill. This country has been going backwards for a long time.

Ralebird likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

There are plenty of athletes that are doing this, but you don't hear about it in the media. Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Chris Paul to name 3. I am sure there are plenty of football players that have given back to the community, but you have to ask yourself, is it enough? Kaep took the money from people burning his jerseys and put it into charity.

We have all come a long way, but we have so far to go to "change" society, even locally. It's going to take decades, maybe centuries to actually see that change. We need people to listen and understand the situation, and from there we ALL need to come together and fix it. Until that happens, people will continue to peacefully protest. You cannot educate one that doesn't want to be educated.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Not when you have a contract you don't.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Except people don't really fight for a flag. Not sane ones anyway. People fight for ideals, rights and freedoms. These may be represented very simplistically by the flag but that flag is a piece of cloth - probably made in China.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Off topic: I actually got into flag sales back in 2001 after 9/11 and it was disgusting how high a percentage of American flags are made in China. It did make my job easier though when I was able to beat out everyone else by finding a U.S. based manufacturer when all the other companies were all waiting for their shipments to come over and clear customs.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Fitz, Geno Petty and Hack will ALL take a knee.....

Once the final secs tick off the Jets victory over the Bengals!!

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I have no problem with protests and not even this particular protest. The biggest problem I have with Kap is that he's Gabbert's backup and should not be taking the spotlight from Gabbert.

13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

DO! LESS!
    DO! LESS!
    DO! LESS!
    DO! LESS!
    DO! LESS!
    DO! LESS!

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yes, they have a right to protest. I also have a right to call them anti-social A-HOLES, because that's what they are. I also have a right to not give my money and my time to the increasingly politically correct National Facsist League and MSNBC disguised as a sports channel (aka ESPN).