Watson

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Wahoo, Mar 9, 2017.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think Rick Smith is getting praised for parting ways with Osweiler. You just can't compound your mistake as a GM, or any executive position due to ego. That's what gets guys fired. Not making a mistake , but not owning the mistake and trying to force the mistake to work.

stinkyB and NYJalltheway like this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

You won't know if hack sucks prior to the draft. There is no opportunity for the OC or QB coach to work with him until after the draft. There is not even a regular season snap to review. Hack will remain an unknown at least until mini camp at the earliest.

3. TonyFtLaud

He
    I'll agree with what you say about Dak. He wasn't even Roms backup until Kellen Moore got injured.

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I guess you're asking a question...........Does he suck??? Nobody knows that question for sure until he gets actual game experience.

I really like Watson, but what I or anyone else think is not relevant, it's what Mac believes.

BomberJet likes this.
  5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Really?? You expect a rookie to vault to the # 2 spot without playing a down in the NFL. Both got hurt, Dak stepped in and won the job. It's clear Dallas' front office disagrees with You if they are shopping Romo.

6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I agree that it's always considered unselfish to admit ones mistakes..It's just that , at what point is it time to make the 180 degree turn on a player? Houston found out quickly with Osweiler by throwing him into the competition. Hack hasn't even had that opportunity.... so if Mac makes that admission with this in mind, he deserves to be flamed to no end by the fans/ media and his peers. I don't think Mac needs to show any regrets at this point in time...he's smart enough to know what the repercussions would be.

7. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

why everyone hates trubisky while watson only sees half the field?

gajetsfan likes this.
  8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don't care if it's Watson or Trubisky or Mahomes, Mac and his hand selected scouts need to do their jobs and identify which one of these guys will end our decades long drought at the QB position.

We are in prime position to land whichever one they like best and cannot let this opportunity slip by.

westiedog1 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

If he passes on Watson it's time to let Hack Loose.

10. TonyFtLaud

Really?
    I was agreeing with the fact that Dak would not have had the same success on a lesser team . It was well into camp and Dak was not in any way expected to perform as well as he did.
    It's easy for Dallas to feel secure releasing a broken down, overpaid has been, never really was, after the season Dak had.
    Look at Brady, Belichick and the FO wanted him gone the season Mo nearly killed Bledsoe. They were even trying to get QBs to come out of retirement to replace him in the preseason, Harbaugh was one I forget the other but they kept Brady after no one else would sign with them and the rest is history. Hindsight is always 20/20

11. TonyFtLaud

If the coaching staff still can't get Hack ready to take a snap this season, it's time to move on. As I posted earlier, there will be no opportunity for Morton to evaluate him prior to the draft.
    We , the fans, have absolutely no idea what the coaching staff have seen from him. I don't think the voices in Mehta's head are reliable sources so I don't listen to anything he says. Hack is an unknown to us at this point, you can't pass on a guy you think is a FQB because you drafted Hack. That's when Mac should be fired. Worst case scenario you have 2FQBs and trade one for a boatload of draft picks .

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I agree that you can't pass up the opportunity to get the one you feel will be that player > If you are Mac, my guess is he would have to be 100% sure that player is there in 2017 for him to commit another high pick for one. Basing on what the 2017 is looking QB wise, I don't see Mac taking that risk. Mac's main priority, imo, is to find one that will get them thru the 2017 being somewhat competitive and wait to see what 2018 brings. But, who knows....if they bring Cutler aboard, all bets are off.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  13. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

If Watson is still there are 6 thats perfect, as someone will want to trade with us and give us the extra picks that we need to fill out our roster.

14. TonyFtLaud

I hope Cutler is not really in consideration.

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm somewhat expecting the Jets to not move on a veteran QB at all until after their first pick. At that point, depending on who is available and what the Jets do with the #6 overall, that's when a decision on these guys will be "activated".

16. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

To whoever wants to pick watson at 6, here is one reason why it won't happen. At the combine qbs throw the ball and the velocity is measured in MPH, teams usually wont draft someone if it is lower than 55 MPH. What was Watsons you ask? A very poor 49. Mahomes was 60, kizer was 56, and Trubisky was 55.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I didn't know that. I did wonder that this stat was never talked about because it seems like you would want to know this.

Still, I don't know if that would rule him out. Maybe it was on off day for him in that regard. Or maybe you can live with mediocre velocity because of the other things he brings to the table. Cutler has a gun for an arm and what has that ever done for anyone?

18. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

If you watched him in college he threw a terrible deep ball. It was a duck and not accurate at all. This didnt suprise me at all. Hacks was 56 and pettys was 53.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And yet he he won a National Championship, and almost won two. The secret to being a winner isn't having limitations, it's knowing how to overcome them. That said, this stat raises a reasonable doubt. Still, I count a long tract record of winning heavily, and so would still consider him, although I do think Mahomes is really the guy they should get.

westiedog1 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  20. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

That first year his defense carried him there. They were really good for a college d. This passed year he looked a little bit better but the D still helped him alot. He also has the top wr in the draft on his team. When hes out of the pocket hes not bad but when hes contained inside of the pocket thats when things get shaky. 17 ints in 1 season of college ball is really bad. He has some potential, but getting him out of the shotgun based 1 read college system is going to take years.

101GangGreen101 likes this.