W/ the Fo's mistake: The Jet fans are the biggest losers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 29, 2007.

1. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Don dont jump!!! The Pats signed 4 WRs and a LB. Are they going run and shoot??? Last I checked you dont start 5 WRs. Was the Thomas signing a good one??? Sure it was but I think all the Jet fans going nuts is a bit much. The mistake you make is comparing every move we make to the pats or vise versa. The Jets were a playoff team that has gotten better this offseason w/o any question. We drafted to very good players, got a actual Rb, and have great depth and DL now. Will they win the SB??? Who knows but they have improved w/o question.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We drafted two OL players in the first round and brought in two FA's one of whom started at RT for us all year that's how, we ended up having to use journeyman on our DL in order to patch the OL enough to field a team last year that could protect the QB.

Bradway let the entire OL go to shit without taking a single OL player in the 05 draft he was an incompetent dope and that's why we are still digging out of a hole even though we have had two brilliant drafts and a productive off season, have one of the great young coaching staffs in the league but still are not even close to the elite teams becuase Bradway and Herm burried this team to try and win a SB in 05 by over evaluating Jolley and picking a kicker with what was left of our first pick in the draft and than taking a CB who was arrested weeks before the draft with the second pick.

What is assine is your defending the team that Herm and Bradway fielded in KC in 05 that they felt was SB ready.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

This isn't my argument but didn't we have no QB at all after game 3 in '05? Well, maybe a 3rd and 4th stringer.

4. winstonbiggs

Yes we didn't have a QB and we also killed Curtis Martin, maybe that has something to do with making Jones the starting RT before TC, letting Mawae come into camp like a slob and not having a replacement for Fabini when he was a turnstyle at the end of 04 and didn't we let Becht no hands great block walk without an offer? Another brilliant move. And we passed on every OL player in the 05 draft.

The fact that Chad had just been resigned and was coming off a major injury you think they might have found a LT in FA to protect him? Nope let's sign Ty Law and get a kicker.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

But you said our OL was STILL a mess and we drfated 2 1st rounders- how are we still a mess?

What hole are we digging out of?

Leanr what really happened w/ the Jolley trade before you condemn it- it was one of the best trades in our history.

What is asinine is calling the ton of talent they left behind a "bare cupboard". That is asinine.

6. nyjunc

Yep Curtis was hurt b/c of the OL. There's no chance he would have been hurt if we drafted OL in 2005.:rolleyes:

Actually we gave becht an offer, we tried to re-sign him he decided to leave.

Our Ol was one of the bst in 2004, did you complain when we had the league's leading rusher? They had drafted and/or digned OL many years in a rw. Cavka and Jones were supposed to be ready, Cavka got hurt and Jones was forced into the LT spot after fabini got hurt.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Not my argument but you are spot on with how bad a shape this O-Line was left by Bradway. It is a real shame the prior regime had no clue to the importance of a good o-line. Especially since they walked into one of the best and ran it right into the ground over the course of 5 years. That is just horrible. Not to mention that little oversight got Chad,Curtis and even Jay F. killed in 05. It is going to take at least 3 years to dig out of that hole.

8. Ryan

Ryan Banned

I expect a sweep of the pats this year.

9. winstonbiggs

I did complain during the off season between 04 and 05 and was consistent in my opinion prior to the start of the 05 season that Fabini was done and with the loss of Kareem our No. 1 priority in the off season was the OL. I was roundly riducled by the entire board except for Tony regarding Becht who I said we should absolutely have tried to keep. We did not make him an offer.

You are simply wrong about my opinion after the 04 and before the 05 season. Just because you believed the OL was in great shape going into 05 you project that as truth and of course it wasn't.

10. nyjunc

They drafted Mckenzie, Signed Moore, signed Szott, signed Kendall, drafted Peko, Jones, Cavka, Yovanovitz, ...

To say they ignored the Ol is insane, we always had one of the better Ols under tha regime despite havnig to change very year as we had to let players go b/c the previous regime destroyed our cap.

Walked into one of the best and ran it into the ground? in '04 we had one of the best OLs and only had 2 holdovers. We had to let Young go and we replaced him w/ McKenzie, we ad to le Thomas go and replaced him w/ Szott a year later. In '05 we had key injuries and in 1 offseason we got younger and re-toled enough to have a good OL. We have the makings of a very good OL.

11. nyjunc

In 2004 we drafted TWO tackles, both were expected to play in 2005 but one gothurt and never recovered and the other was forced into playing LT. I STILL think Jones can be a good OL.

I didn't ridicule you or anyone for wanting to keep becht, I did as well and the FO TRIED TO RE-SIGN HIM.

read the March 11th entry:

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=898

12. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

Come on fellas....no one should be mixing up bleach cocktails during the post-draft happy hour.

So what if NE signed Moss. For all we know 6 months from now, the supposed "veteran leadership" in the Pats locker would come to blows with the league's biggest underachieving malcontent. For all we know, Pioli and Belichick might have traded for a salary cap albatross who will cause more problems than contributing to their cause. Leopards just don't change their spots overnight. The stuff coming out of Moss mouth now sounds like the same insincerely BS he sprouted after being traded to the Raiders two years ago.

Think about this way....with no running game to speak of and a run defense that barely stopped anyone, WE WENT 1-1 with NE during the regular season. The playoff loss can be attributed to many things but it wasn't as if we were blown out from the get go.

Revis, we all hope, can go mano-a-mano with Moss. With Harris and Vilma in the middle, Bryan Thomas and Bowen/Wadsworth on the outside, we may very have one of the nastiest Linebacking corp in the league. Add K. Coleman, D. Robertson and S. Ellis and we may just have a seriously fearsome front 7.

With the new running attack and two top flight additions to the defense, I am, with good reason, more optimistic about the coming season than I was entering last year. So far so good with Team Tanigin in Year 2.

Maybe 6 months from now, we'll all be laughing at NE because of the drama in their locker room.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It is the same crap.

14. Ryan

Ryan Banned

Ahhhh, in a thread with a bunch of pessimistic bullshit that I tend to disagree with, I needed this post. Thanks:up:

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He took Politics 101 at Marshall.

16. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

What? Instead of Intermediate Basket Weaving 201? Dude sounds like he's edumacated. :=)

17. winstonbiggs

The OL last year was not good it was servicable and only becuase we upgraded dramatically at Center by holding out and not blinking in dealing Abe and they had the balls to unload Mawae who had stopped working out under Herm, thanks to the new regime.