W/ the Fo's mistake: The Jet fans are the biggest losers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

We were NOT behind Indy, if they dont get the phantom PI call on 2 and 20, on the same route they couldnt hit on 1st and 20, they run the ball on third down and are down 1, and putting it on the defense to get a stop, with 2:34 to go.

Denver?????

The team we are always concerned with is NE, Only NE can keep us from getting a first round Bye, and Home playoff games.

The bottom line is, Indy just isnt that great. On offense yes, but their D played way over their heads down the stretch, and as long as their D is bad, they will always be in games where they need help to close it out (Like the Jets game...)

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

San Diego hasn't done much. We even beat them a few years ago. That's why they fired their coach. The team is still a great team. Much better then ours at this point.

Denver picked up Dre Bly, Alvin McKinley, Brandon Stokley and Daniel Graham

The Colts defense was never very good. It's their offense that will kill you and they lost nobody there

The chargers I already commented on

3. Don

If you really don't think all of those teams are better then we are then you are watching a different league then me.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I completely agree that it's New England we should be focused on. Wild cards are a nice booby prize for teams that won't make the playoffs the following season and won't win it all this year (apologies to Pittsburgh who actually did win it all as a wild-card in an event as rare as getting struck by lightning.)

We want the AFC East crown and we want it every year, just like the Pats have it now. That's the definition of building a strong team.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

League is not deep enough universe would be far closer to there realty of the situation. Trust me when U trying to logic with IS & others on this board it is like talking to a wall you will get more realistic response from it then many real live posters here.

In there world there is not a team named the NEPs who they forget are in our division & who we have to over come to get anywhere further then a WC team & fast exit from the POs

#225 championjets69, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  6. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

San Diego is a very good team for sure, but again, what did they do this offseason to widen the gap?

Dre Bly is so good Denver already traded him away once, Alvin McKinley is nothing special, Brandon Stokley is a nice #3 WR, and Daniel Graham is so good NE spent another 1st round pick on Watson. All of these were middle of the road FA signings, no different than us picking up guys like Coleman and Bowens.

But the Colts defense got WORSE. Still no replacement for Cato June. No replacements for their starting CB's. On offense, how long can Harrison keep up his pace? Who is the #2 RB now? Can Dallas Clark EVER stay healthy? They have a great offense, but even it has some question marks going into this season.

7. Don

I agree. I don't ever want to have to depend on the wild card. If that's what we are left with, however, the teams I mentioned are most likely the teams we have to beat to get to the super bowl. Isn't that the goal?

8. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

So we should all bury our heads in the sand because the Pats broke away from their winning formula (TEAM), and signed a bunch of character issues to try and load up for a SB run?

Adalius Thomas will not live up to the contract he got.
    Randy Moss will implode by mid season due to the way NE spreads the ball around on offense.

The rest of the guys they picked up are hardly worth mentioning. Kyle Brady?

9. Don

Somehow, I totally overlooked Baltimore in that list.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Denver went 9-7 last year, Beating Oakland twice.

I saw Indy play here...

I also saw us Beat NE in, and lose to them at home in week2 of a new coaching regime.

We are as good as, maybe better than Denver. As Good as Indy, Not as good as NE.

Take Jacksonville as a comparison. Beat us 41-0, beat Indy, 44-17.Lost to NE, by 3.

Watching a different league?

11. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Somehow you totally overlooked my response. Baltimore... Troy Smith. Championship!

12. Don

I don't think we need to worry about ever seeing Troy Smith unless everybody else on the team goes down.

13. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

What has Baltimore done other than lose Jamal Lewis and Adalius Thomas to even consider them as legit AFC championship contenders?

14. Don

It's senseless to continue arguing these things. At the end of the year the proof will be in the standings. I think all of those teams will have better records then we do. If I'm wrong we will be in the playoffs. If I'm right we won't be.

15. Don

I'll agree on Thomas. I'm not so sure about Lewis.

16. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

You're right, it's senseless to argue when you have no arguement.

17. Don

No arguement? Just look at last years standings. I think it is you who has no case whatsoever. We played the easiest schedule in the league and all but Denver had a better record then us. This year we get to play with the big boys too.

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Strength of schedule is a joke. We played 2 different teams than the rest of the AFC East. Regardless of that, my argument is not about last year. My argument is against the absurd theory that everyone else got better and our offseason has somehow cost us a chance at closing the gap.

Kansas City and Tennessee are the only games that set us apart from the rest of the AFCE schedule. That's "playing with the big boys"? Excuse me if I'm not all that terrified.

19. Don

I'm not talking about the AFC east. I'm talking about

Houston, Oakland, Detroit, Houston, Tennessee(in week 1) and Green Bay

vs

Baltimore, Philadelphia, Cincinnatti, Dallas, Tennessee(not in week 1 like last year) and the Giants

We will still have to win 10 games to get to the playoffs which means we need to win most of those last 6 as we won all of those first 6 last year.

#239 Don, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  20. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The only team on that list that really scares me is Cincinnatti. Anyways, my point is the Pats, Bills, and Fins play 14 of the same teams we do. Scoring the Chiefs and Titans to round out our 16 is a gift, and both are must win games IMHO. Let's at least consider winning the division before we start being concerned about the wild card race.