Vote Mark Sanchez for the cover Madden 2012

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Mar 22, 2011.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That's what I was thinking, I asked him but obviously didn't get an answer.

EA did buy the rights to use their likeness in the game already but I would hope the cover athlete gets a little more.

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

And Hillis wins it - nice effort by the Browns fans.

"The people have spoken: Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis will grace the cover of "Madden NFL 12." And, surprisingly, the voting wasn't even close.

The announcement came Wednesday after tournament-style, head-to-head voting by fans, 66 percent of whom picked Hillis over Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick for the video-game cover."

I know its not Jets related but meh I cant take anymore draft news today.

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

i think as much as this had to do with cleveland voting like mad, it also had to do with the opposing teams fans saying they believe in the curse and don't want their guy on the cover. So they started voting for hillis when he got against their guy. As a result Hillis graces the cover, and hilariously enough might be the most uncursable guy on the ballot other than the seattle fan base.

his stats werent pro-bowl level, so if they aren't next year who is going to notice? Plus he will be sharing carrier with Hardesty next year. Top it off with he already has a penchant for fumbling so its not like those numbers might sky rocket unexpectedly. His team sucks, so a poor team performance can't be counted on as a curse... The only way he can really be cursed this year is if he breaks a bicep. Which is possible because he runs like a bruiser, but he certainly won't get 350 carries, so his opportunities for major injury are pretty slim as far as they go for NFL standards...