Vince Young

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreyhoundJet, Apr 11, 2006.

1. lightning

lightning Active Member

i don't see how you can not have hasslebeck in there after what he displayed last season

2. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

1 season makes him a superstar give me a break what have him and payton manning won?

3. lightning

lightning Active Member

that is the biggest crock of shit i have ever read, first of all hasslebeck has had a few decent years, and tom brady had the best season out of any qb in the league last year, YET HE'S ON THE DECLINE??!!! DEFENSES HAVE FIGURED HIM OUT?

Guys 5180 has just ruined your argument...

4. lightning

lightning Active Member

what has michael vick won? hasslebeck won a conference championship

5. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

5180 speaks for himself i dont speak for the guys brady is not what he once was and hasselback never was anybody seattles offense strives on alexander go eat lunch youve said enough

6. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

show me where i mentioned michael vick get fries with the shake

7. lightning

lightning Active Member

how about against the redskins in the playoffs when he got injured? who won that game? MATT HASSLEBECK

8. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

1 game makes him a superstar top 5????????????????????

then add pennington and brunell to your list

9. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

good point

10. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You forget that Pennington was primarily playing in the shotgun in college, adjustments can be made and that is one of the reasons why the QB sits on the bench with a clipboard to adjust to the offense.

I think people are overrating the speed of the NFL now, sure it is a lot faster, but that is what taking lumps when he starts in the league is for to get adjusted to the speed of the league and it doesn't hurt that Young is also probably bigger than most DBs in the NFL today. Vick still makes most defenses in the NFL look dumb and he doesn't know how to throw in college or the pros. Young knows how to throw, and like many have said he has a strong arm and is very accurate. The reason why the best defenses beat Vick is because he can't throw from the pocket, Young can and very well. Also with a mobile QB it throws the NFL defenses off, the defense has to overly pay attention to the QB leaving the WRs not having to worry about the LBs as much and the RBs out of the back field can become a serious receiving threat with all the attention going to the QBs.

Also everyone likes to think of Vick, but even him without the passing ability that Young has gets into the playoffs with his team, McNair was 1 yard from being a SB champion and was the co-MVP, Culpepper pretty much without the year of Manning, had one of the best performances for a season in HFL history and McNabb got into the SB, and was in the NFC champion game 2 times prior with a bunch of nobodies at WR.

#50 MSUJet85, Apr 11, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  11. lightning

lightning Active Member

has either of them been to 3 pro bowls? how about winning a conference champoinship? burnell did but if you want to see someone on the decline it's him, brady isn't even 30 yet...but you believe he's on the decline...wow...

12. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Pennington is very small for an NFL qb these days.He is not bulky or muscular to say the least.Vince Young and Matt Leinart are both bigger faster and stronger then Chad Pennington.

13. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

I firmly believe Brady and the entire New England team is on the DECLINE yes i do make my words down as i say them DECLINE FOR N.E.

14. lightning

lightning Active Member

ok well if you believe he's on the decline, yet he's still the best qb in the nfl by a large margin, he must not be declining too fast...

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

If you look at all 3 QB's the reason they all made an impact right away is because they were able to run. Hasselbeck has been a mediocre NFL starting QB most of his carrier. After 7 years in the same system with great talent around him he did pretty well. He still couldn't make a big play in the SB. Seattle totally shut down the Pittsburgh passing attack so Roethlisberger made the play of the game with his legs and arm.

Good defenses today need to be attacked relentlessly in order to break them down. Having a QB who can move and throw both on the run and in the pocket is just another weapon that the D has to contend with. Now whether Young is a good enough passer in the pocket is the real question. Tough to tell unless you really have the film and break it all down.

16. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

I'll make this point again:

You can take every negative statement made on this board about VY and replace it with statements made throughout his college career, particularly before his two biggest games, Ohio State and USC. The Ohio State and USC boards were filled with the same crap you see on this board. In every case the critics were wrong. VY passed each test with flying colors.

At what point do you finally stop doubting the guy and become a believer?

17. lightning

lightning Active Member

im not saying he wasn't a good passer on the collegiate level, but is he going to be able to use those same weapons against an nfl defense? i feel there's too many question marks to really take a chance on him with a top 5 pick and basically putting the future of the franchise on the line for a few years. IMO in the situation we're in i would take the safer bet, which may not be the safer bet to some but it certainly is for me and thats leinart. Young has shown very little patience there, and while i think that can be coached, it will certainly take 2-3 years before he can be used effectively

18. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

When hes in a Jets uniform leading the team to victory is the only way for some to see the light.

19. lightning

lightning Active Member

all this shake and fires talk has made me hungry...time to crack open some ALPO

[​IMG]

20. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

What is wrong with a project? I may sound pessimistic but it doesn't look to good for the next few years. Why not throw Pennington or Ramsey out there and let them guide us through the next two years and then see what Young can do. He will learn the system and learn to take snaps under center.