Vilma's Saints Shutout Bungles

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jetcane, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

[​IMG]

D. Brees 14/22 199 1 TD 0 Int

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I would try to sneak that picture into every opponents locker room if I'm the Saints.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Drew Brees = Monster year.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I think his nose is bleeding. Youch.

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

Jesus. Did Vilma just rip his helmet off and sock him a good one?

6. GreenMachine

It was broken.

7. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Wow, I didn't realize Vilma did that.

Seriously- it must SUCK to be Carson Palmer. He's always been a classy guy. Got drafted by the Bengals and basically handed management the salvation of the franchise. Got mangled in the playoffs and worked his ass off to come back to full form.

Then he gets thrown under the bus by Chad Johnson. His whole team gets arrested. The Bengals have been given countless opportunities to make smart business decisions and have choked. (How smart was it to hold on to Chad "I need surgery" Johnson instead of shipping him to the Skins for first rounders?)

I feel really bad for him and Marvin Lewis. I bet sometimes they meet up after practice and hold each other and just cry and cry...

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ Put Palmer on about 18 different teams in the NFL, and he wins the SB that year.

Great player on a shitty team, its painful to watch.

Nothing against Lewis, but they have to redo the franchise again. Including the owner. One playoff birth, a rush of optimism, and then back to shit. Its sad.

Palmer and Lewis deserve better.

Lewis should take Bob Sutton's place. The Jets would have a Defense similar to the '00 Ravens. We have a #52 as well.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Vilma did not do it. Note the thread starter. If his name was JetAggie he would have titled the thread "Glenn's Saints Shutout Bungles". If a Memphis alum he would have titled the thread "McKenzie's Saints Shutout Bungles."

I did not watch the game, only the replay. It appeared that the players in question were Scott Fujita and Kevin Kaesviharn. I think the latter made the contact with Palmer's nose.

10. bengalrex

bengalrex New Member

Your right the Bengals do need changing but here here is a question how many Super Bowls have the Jets been in the last 25 years none.The Bengals have been too 2. I know there have been alot of problems off the field but does anybody realize the Chargers had more players arrested the last 3 yeasr than anyone.NO thats because the media doesn't say much about them.I like to watch the Jets play also hope they do well.

#10 bengalrex, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

so then we both lose....

bad question

12. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Reports out of New Orleans say Vilma is off to a slow start but that is to be expected since he is coming off a knee injury.

13. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Linebacker's diary: Vilma happy with New Orleans Saints defense

Posted by Mike Triplett, The Times-Picayune August 24, 2008 10:09PM

Each week in the Times-Picayune this summer, new Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma will let fans get behind the scenes with a first-person journal about his experiences. The fifth-year veteran, who arrived in a late-February trade from the New York Jets, is expected to give the Saints a dynamic athletic presence in the middle of their defense. He had four tackles during the Saints' impressive 13-0 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals on Saturday night, which was his second game of the preseason.

"We did a lot better as a defense in this last game, obviously, which was great for us. I think it was important to get the bad taste out of our mouths (after a poor showing the week before), and it was important for us to know that we can do it. We know that's what we're capable of, and now that's what we can strive for in the regular season. Shutouts are always great, no matter how you get them. You can look at all the numbers and statistics, but if you don't let them score, you're doing all right.

"For me personally, I think my reads were a little better, a little quicker than last week. I think that just comes with playing more, being in the game and getting used to it again. One tackle that I made on third down stood out because we talked about getting off the field on third downs, third and long. The secondary had been doing such a good job of that prior to that play, so it felt good just to get in the mix.

"You can feel that the regular season is getting close. I think we're really going to start to feel it in practice (Monday), when we really start focusing on Tampa Bay instead of just ourselves and our preseason opponents. Right now, I'm very excited, especially because I haven't played in so long in a real game that counts on the record books. I'm going to control my emotions though. I don't want to go out there and burn myself out in the first series of the first game. But I'll definitely be excited and ready to play.

"We're already into the regular-season routine in some ways. Even though they call it the preseason, and it's a warm-up for the regular season, the only thing that's really a warm-up is mentally, breaking down your opponent and understanding his tendencies. But physically it's all the same. The tackles are all the same, the hits are all the same. I've never heard of anybody who tackles harder in the regular season than they do in the preseason. And you can still feel all those little bumps and bruises.

"The aches and pains always show up the day after, a couple days after. The morning after, it's really all about just relaxing your body. You're gonna be sore, so there's really not much you can do. It's not like you can massage the soreness away. You're just tired. So the first day, I really just try to relax as much as possible. Then two days after, you start with the stretching, the massaging, getting loose and getting back into it. I don't like to do anything in particular on those off days. I just try to enjoy it. I'll definitely watch some TV. I'm a big fan of 'Family Guy.' That's always one of my favorites."