Viking Cut Top wide receiver!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JUNJOBX2199, Sep 10, 2009.

1. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Exactly, I'd pass. He was a forced number #1 wr due to the Berrian/Rice injuries last year. He's certainly not better than Cotchery and we need to see what Stuckey brings to the table.

2. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Yea, someone was bound to post it. I wouldnt be as thrilled over a pickup of wade as say boldin/marshall/bowe..... however i do not think it would hurt our situation at all either.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sweet, an underproductive midget receiver.

Super Bowl.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Who would you cut? That would be the deciding factor.

5. ........

........ Trolls

In all likelihood, Wallace Wright would be let go and Smith would resume his status as primary special teamer.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

7. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Agree with this here

8. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Dont get me wrong, i am not arguing at all for one second that this is the answer to the problem we have been looking for. Not at all, i just dont think that it would hurt us. I could pass or play

9. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not saying that's what I'd prefer to do. I'd rather see Clowney get a chance at the #1 spot and Stuckey return to the slot.

10. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Id love to see Clowney get a chance, i think he has what it takes to be honest. However, if we could come up with an elite receiver then id be all for it. I dont see Wade as that receiver but if Tanny and Co. think theres something there then id put in a call.

11. ........

........ Trolls

I was about to say that I wouldn't want to immediately sign him for salary purposes either, but it looks like he just restructured his contract a week ago. He's only on the books for $1.5 million for the season.

So, I'm still back to the "not exactly an improvement" objection.

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

+1

If we're not trading for an elite receiver, the best option is to see what we potentially have in Clowney.

13. EAF29

EAF29 Member

Agreed, we don't need another possession receiver that won't require a double team. At least with Clowney's speed he opens up the field and may pull the safeties away from Keller and Cotchery. He is also more of a presence in the red zone simply b/c he is a couple inches taller.

#33 EAF29, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think if Clowney was starting material, as of three days from now, we would have seen evidence of that already. He may develop into one, but right now? Not so much.

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I tend to agree. I'd just like to see what we have. At least Clowney is familiar with the offense already.

16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I posted about Jason Hill on another thread but can't seem to get any bites. I'm curious to get the peoples' opinions on trying to aquire him if Crabtree signs finally or even if he doesn't. On a much smaller scale than Marshall, he's also a disgruntled WR.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...=Disgruntled-receiver-Hill-happy-to-make-team

?Maybe the coaches don't like me or something,? said Hill, who caught a 21-yard touchdown pass in the 49ers' final exhibition game.

?I don't know. I just haven't been getting enough reps. When I get reps, I make plays. I showed it last year when I get reps. When I get in a game, I make plays. I'm proving it on the field every time.?

He's fast, put up big numbers in college and heading into his 3rd season, the usual "big jump" year for WRs. He probably could be had for a mid to late round pick or for one of our 3 back up QBs who I think could all start for SF.

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Agreed...(hey look, I actually agree with u). I think we need to stay put for one yr n see wat we have before we pull the plug and go wild. If its not a true #1 WR, I'd like to see how Clowney and Chansi do together. Maybe one of them (maybe Chansi) will step it up and become a reliable #2.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wade is not a number 1 and the last thing we need is another 2 or 3 on this team.

19. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Wright is way to valuable on ST to let him go.
    Who would you rather have Wade or Brad Smith?

20. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be a bad depth signing... ours is pretty bad at the moment.