Video replay , Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by gustoonarmy, Mar 28, 2007.

?

Video replay in the nfl is a.........

1. Good thing

72.2%
  2. Bad Idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It still needs work

27.8%
  4. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Do you think that video replays are a good idea or not? Do you think things could be taken further , or have the league got it about right?

Me personally I would like to take things a little further.

This Poll is sponsored by PF4Jets :wink:

2. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

:up: :beer: :cool:

3. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I've always been in favor of the replays but now that I've read not all games are going to be reviewed in High Def makes me think it still needs work.

Thanks for setting up the poll. :smile:

4. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

CBS needs to get their shit together. Every other network is 100% HD.

5. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Video Replays are Great!

6. hickeyQB15

hickeyQB15 New Member

I guess they could use some work, but i think they are pretty good.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We have the technology to make the game better, let's use it. I'm all for it. The only issue I see with it now is how they're implementing it.

They limit coaches to 2 challenges per game to save time because the original replay system caused games to last way too long. Unfortunately with all the ins and outs of what you can and cannot challenge, it takes more time than it would to discuss what is and isn't allowed to be challenged than if they would just allowed coaches to challenge anything (before the whistle). If you still limit them to 2 challenges, I don't see it getting out of hand. The only post-whistle challenges that should be allowed are already allowed.

They try and say some calls are unchallengeable because they're "judgment calls". IMO EVERY call a ref makes is a judgment call. What would be so bad about allowing a coach to challenge a non-pass interference penalty that was called or a pass interference penalty that wasn't called? We've all seen these blown calls and they could easily be corrected with a quick coaches challenge. I don't even need to discuss the push out rule.

Also, they recently changed the rule to give the coaches a 3rd challenge if they are correct in challenging the first two. IMO they should be given as many challenges as they want if the refs keep fucking up. It's not there fault is it? Of course this may make the games last longer, but the frequency of this occurring would likely make it a moot point.

#7 WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 2, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2007