Video: Josh talks Darnold on NFL Live

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Jun 19, 2019.

1. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

The tool manages to hijack every thread....how much of the four pages on this thread is about the topic, and how much is about him trolling, and the predictable backlash?

One more thing, to the Brit on here....I’ve noticed your free use of the “c” word on here since joining, and it is distasteful, it is the lowest of vulgar terms, and cringeworthy.

I’m female, brush off the F bomb and other vulgarities because I realize I’m in a man’s world discussing sports and I wouldn’t think of complaining about language usage, save that one word. Please think about that.

Jets69 and K'OB like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It also has another meaning.

cunt
    /kʌnt/
    noun
    VULGAR SLANG
    1. a woman's genitals.
      • an unpleasant or stupid person

If I was to use the next insult in the bag for such people it would be this but it leads to the same trouble.

twat
    /twat,twɒt/

noun
    VULGAR SLANG
    1. 1.
      a person regarded as stupid or obnoxious.
    2. 2.
      a woman's genitals.
    verb
    INFORMAL•BRITISH
    1. 1.
      hit or punch (someone).
      "if my best mate said that I'd twat him"

Language is a strange beast at times, your point has been noted but also note that I am not using it in the way you want to take offence at, in fact over in the UK I don't think many people use those two words in the lady genitalia sense.

I am unsure what other word would replace the above two in strength of feeling or effect to convey the intent, prick is okay but then that again is genitalia related.

If I was to call him a fanny it would be equally strange when translated from one country to the other ;) it could certainly lead to a slap on the face for an American male lol

I will try and curb my use but sometimes it is out there without really too much thought, my apologies Trojan I am just funning with you :)

#82 K'OB, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  3. TrojanPride

I brought it up because I felt something was amiss. If you note, the other posters do not use that word.

I was a moderator on a USC message board for years....it was free wheeling, no word filters, open to all opposing fans, free to speak their mind....but that was the ONE word my guys would come down on anyone using. It’s not just a California thing, either. Posting on National sporting board, it was the same thing....I was called that by a Buckeye fan, and he was pounced on and chastised by his own fan base and the SEC fans along with my own.

Just not used unless you mean to insult in the most vulgar way.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Guys. Hackenberg won't be with us for a very loooong time unless he comes back with a different user name. Case closed.

5. Brook!

Hi TP. As an immigrant who doesn't have all the details of English language I didn't know C word carried so much weight for woman. I am sure my good friend K'OB the British sensation will be mindful going forward. But if you see this word uttered by others please report so I can edit them. Please continue to be our good guest. We don't have much female presence apart from @jetophile

TrojanPride likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

HomeoftheJets, K'OB and Brook! like this.
  7. TrojanPride

Thank you very much for listening and understanding. I sincerely do not want to come off as demanding and attempting to dictate anyone’s language on a sports message board, but that word is the worst of the worst for many of us.

More and more women over the years have been joining the guys in passion and commitment to their sports team. We spend money, lots of money on our teams...I too have my “woman cave” filled with Cardinal & Gold memorabilia, library of books on USC football and game videos of historic games. Full USC themed tailgate equipment. We have a lot of women who contribute to our message boards, season ticket holders and accepted as one of the guys.

Again, thank you for understanding about just that one word, it is greatly appreciated.

Brook! likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Should have been done a while back. Brook is our chris Johnson

Brook! and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  9. Brook!

Chris Johnson is @Cman60 . I am just an imitation of Joe Douglas. Lol.

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Tool was becoming a PatsFanTx type of troll and it was becoming laughable but yea Josh McCown sounds awesome as a broadcaster. 20 years of NFL and QB X's and O's experience usually pays off after retirement once heading into the booth.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Oh well...

Back to eating our own. :confused:

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. Brook!

Start with Dierking please.