Vick says they should have been starting him all season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cromartie's_kid, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

F that. Every win is a day of watching football that I enjoy. There's only been two of them so far this year, and that sucks.

And if the Jets had won just three of the games they had lost, which is not totally unreasonable, they would be still in the playoff hunt right now, with five games remaining against division opponents.

I'd much rather be there than talking about "positioning" the team for a top draft pick.

2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I think there's enough weapons for whomever is QB next year with Harvin, Decker, and Amaro catching balls to not use a high 1st round pick on a WR. Now, CB, that's another story and is a HUGE hole on this team. With even a semi-competent QB throwing the ball they could win with that group. Assuming that Dee comes back to anything resembling an above average CB and McDougal even see's the field, that position is hardly solidified IMO. Throw in their collective fragility and depending on both of them remaining healthy for 16 games is way too much of a risk. I would go CB or O line round 1, IF they believe the future franchise QB is not there when they select.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Woody decided not to keep Rex as a lame duck so if he fires him it'll cost him 3 mil. If next year is a rebuilding year will he make Rex twist in the wind and not give him a one-year extension so he can save money. And then fire his ass when his contract is over.

4. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Fixed that for ya.

Seriously, this buffoon openly admitted to not preparing for a game? There are only 16 of them a year. You're paid millions of dollars to SIT ON THE BENCH AND PREPARE. And you don't prepare?

I have no faith in Vick. None.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The bottom line with Vick if he plays well is: do the Jets want to re-sign him and does Vick want to stay with the Jets or test free agency. Esp. if there is a change to the coaching staff or even the GM. Vick might prefer playing somewhere else or think he can get more years and money with a different team. Would the Jets try to re-sign him now to avoid a free agency battle and maybe save some money. Of course look what happened to the Cardinals. They give their starting Qb a big extension on a Friday and on Sunday he is injured and out for the season.

6. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

Yeah .....and so would sleeping with Rachel McAdams.... and that isn't going to happen either.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This team needs to find a starting QB. This is a QB driven league. There is no way in the world that Smith should not have started this season. The Jets HAD to see what Smith was made of, especially the way he finished last season. And they had to give him the reps in the preseason to get him experience going into the season. Every preseason can't start with a QB competition. Plus, the defense has also underperformed this season. Anybody who thinks this team is a playoff team with Vick playing 10 games is dreaming. Add in that, if the team is not making the playoffs, I'd rather see an early draft pick and the team position itself to daft a franchise QB than to top out at 6-9 wins. I want playoffs and a Super Bowl, not just 2-4 more wins this season. As fans, we need to take the long view, not a game to game or season to season view with no care for the future. And I'm 55 and have been waiting longer than most of you.

It is very very difficult to find a franchise QB off the scrap heap. It is hard to find one outside the first round of the draft. Vick might be a hold the fort guy, but there does not appear to be any QB savior in the free agent market. And anyone who thinks Cutler is the answer is a fool.

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Really?

9. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

True story

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

More like a fairy tale in today's NFL.

11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Developing a rookie qb within the New York Jets is more the fairy tale.

12. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Vick would not have lasted up to week 9. Every play he gets off the ground he looks like he's one hit away from a rocking chair.