Very proud of this team right now!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BillyGreen, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Regarding the bolded part, I agree and meant to say as much before. It's been clear for some time that Sanchez has a very limited game when it comes to screens the timing on short passes.

And that play call on third and one? Simply atrocious.

2. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

I personally think the vast majority of you responding to this thread are full of it. The Jets exceed everyone's expectations up at Gillette to a team that just came off another 1-point loss (yes they have two so far this season, plus a 2-point loss) and that's not good enough. Seriously, there would have been less bitching if the Jets got blown out 35-0! Really, I almost wish the Jets would have been blown out like they were supposed to be so we wouldn't have to listen to all these baby whiners in the crowd right now.

Psst! You were a 10 1/2 point underdog up at Gillette Stadium... The Pats don't lose at home... You're missing Revis, Holmes, Pouha, Smith... A whole bunch of your guys are banged up... You're starting fresh faced rookies and guys you just got off the waiver wire... AND YOU'RE BITCHING THAT YOU LOST BY 3 POINTS IN OVERTIME!

Get out of my office the whole bunch of you... Just get out!

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

man u folks should go and read the game thread from yesterday - it'll take a while - but it is absolutely hilarious.....

and fully demonstrates the bipolar SOJF

4. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I don't get it. You want everyone to be happy that the team lost? A loss is a loss, who gives a crap if its by 30 or by 1. Wait, lets pay x amount of dollars to watch our team lose and be happy about. That makes a lot of sense.

5. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Proud of how the team has recovered after devastating injuries, but not happy with missed opportunities. Game was there to be had, same as with Houston. Still, there's a lot to build on and I think the Jets will be in the thick of the playoff hunt. Pretty damn impressive how the Jets D has played against Houston and the spies

6. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

yes, I give them credit for being undermanned with injuries and still putting up good fight.....however, they had this game, dropped passes, missed opportunities, prevent defense etc all contributed to throwing away a win they had in the bag. You give NE points on specials and on defense and are still in a position to win and blow it......it stings.

no matter the coach, the year or the personnel, typical Jets possesion after NE fumbled the KO......instead of going for the throat, just do enough to keep the Pats in the game. Play action to the end zone on first down was the call there. (or maybe that's what they called, i had what can best be described as a fit a rage after the game which might have destroted a few brain cells)

#66 tcrock, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  7. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

You know I usually am not a big fan of these type of posts and I'm about as dark a darksider as they come. But I have to say I agree. Everyone wrote the Jets off in this game including me. I was shocked that they played the Pats as tough as they did. The last 3 games suggest they may be able to salvage something out of this season.

8. Potzer

Potzer New Member

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The Jets players and coaches should be pissed they let a winnable game get away. They shouldn't be a funk, they should be annoyed and angry they let it slip through their fingers. BUT as fans, we should have some bit of hope. If the Jets play like this most of the time the rest of the season ,they probably make the playoffs. I highly doubt we are going to get burnt for a kickoff return for a TD. Maybe once more, but that's it. I highly doubt Slauson gets beat so bad he runs into Greene and Sanchez on a handoff. I don't think, well maybe Hill still drops key passes, but McKnight is only going to get healthier. There are things to be optimistic about the future about, as playing like this will get us to the playoffs. But the players in the lockerroom cannot be content with this.

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Millions and Millions of bettors who took the points (as i did) care alot about how close the games are. It matters a great deal. For me it was worth $100.

11. Pat$Leahy

Pat$Leahy Banned

That says it all, theres NOTHING good about a loss, don't matter if we lost by 1 or 100, we LOST a game WE should have won.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

And this is where our being 'just ok' with this loss comes from. We expected to get blown out, but Rex's rag-tag gang of 9 rookies learning on the fly nearly pulled off the impossible.....and yes, it does give great hope for the rest of the season.

Beat a rookie QB at home next week, go into the bye and get healthy (mangold, ellis, pouha, mcknight, and a bunch of other top contributors), come out on fire and destroy seattle (gives us a tie breaker over the pats), beat the pats AT HOME, and the AFCE is ours. Maybe even a playoff bye.

13. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat as you. Horrible loss.

14. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Fuck you for being proud of a loss.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Exactly, and top it off, we aren't playing a QB at the level of Tom Brady the rest of the season except Tom Brady.

We get Gabbert or Henne without MJD it seems, Wilson, Skelton or Kolb, Bradford, Fitzy, Rivers who has always struggled on us, Brady, and Hasselback/Locker.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This is early in the season. We're still wondering what kind of team we have, especially after all the serious injuries to top players.

For those who say 'a loss is a loss, end of story', tell me which scenario you'd want at this conjecture:

Scenario 1: NE out gains NY 475 to 145 yards, totally dominates the Jets on both sides of the ball, but NY wins 21-20 due to 3 missed chip shot field goals and 3 muffed punts inside their own 10 yard line. But...Jets win! Probably won't win another game this year, but we beat the Pats! Whoo-Hoo!

Scenario 2: Rex's band of rookie lunatics actually shows up and trades blow for blow with NE and dominates much the game....outscoring the vaunted NE offense 26-20, but...but lose the game and a ST kick return. We lost the game, but showed a great deal of improvement moving forward.

17. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Tough to be proud of the last three offensive play calls in regulation (two safe runs and a predictable pass). Jets had Pats on the ropes after fumbled kickoff and they turtled. No Guts = No Glory.

18. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but win trumps all. There is no scenario in which a win isn't top priority. I don't care if we ran the Tebowcat for 75% of the game. I like wins.

19. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

These threads bother me. Fuck the moral victory. I'm sick of that pussy moral victory shit. We should have won. WINS. I want WINS.

20. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Have to side with anti-moral victory crowd on this one. It's not just that we "should have won" this one......we HAD IT WON, then blew it.

If we had fallen short in a valiant comeback effort, I would sympathize somewhat; but we came back and took the lead, then lost. There's a big difference and I see some ugly tendencies with the Jets in big/close games.

Some are happy that we played hard and beat the spread, others are upset that we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.