Very Interesting Take on Tebow from Denver Fan Forum

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Big Blocker, Apr 4, 2012.

1. catfish

catfish New Member

that is an interesting conclusion you reached. Might I ask which stats you are using to justify your conclusion(which are weighted most heavily in your mind) Also how you determined that Bradford and McCoy were on overall worse teams than Tebow.

2. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I got the stats and ranks from right here: NFL.com's Passing Stats

I calculated the INTS per ATT, SACKS per ATT, and TDS per ATT by taking each QB's numbers and dividing them by the QB's passing attempts.

You are somehow mystified about how I concluded that St Louis and Cleveland were worse teams than Denver? Really??? :lol:

I dunno.
    • Maybe it's because the Rams had the worst record in 2009 and the second worse record in 2011, and have won all of 10 games over the last three years.
    • Maybe it's because Cleveland won 4 games in 2011, 5 in 2010, and 5 in 2009, for a grand total of 14.
    • Maybe it's because Denver won 8 games in 2011 and made the playoffs, and had another 8 win season in 2009. That's 20 wins over the last 3 years, but you go ahead and pretend that the Donkeys are so much worse than the Rams or Brownies if it makes you feel better.

3. catfish

catfish New Member

I guess what I was asking is that do you feel that McCoy is the better QB because of completion% alone, because the rest of the stas would point towards a different conclusion. (QBR being highly dependant on completion%) If you feel that completion% is the most important stat for a QB then you have that right. I happen to think it is one of the least importeant stats.

As to team strength. Taking the results of this year is a bit skewed, as Denver's success this year could be, and is by some, argued to be a result of Tebows play being so much better than McCoy and Bradford. So looking at last year the Broncos were the 2nd worst team in the league, ahead of the Panthers. Adding Von Miller to the D and getting Dumervil definately helped, but losing Gaffney and Lloyd hurt bad. St. Louis picked up Lloyd which helped them. I guess it could be argued that position for position the Broncos are the best team, but I would argue that if clevland and st louis were 27 and 28 overall, Denver was 25th. Better perhaps but not markedly so

4. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I don't know how good McCoy is because I didn't watch the Brownies at all last season. I think that Mike Holmgren has indicated that he was satisfied with McCoy, so that says that the Cleveland FO thinks he has some potential.

I also didn't see Bradford last season, but I did see Tebow. At present, Tebow is not going to make it in the NFL unless he dramatically improves his passing fundamentals -- and that's in addition to learning all the other stuff NFL QBs are expected to learn. The Pats, Bills, and Chiefs ate him for dinner late last season. Other teams will do the same if he becomes the Jets starter.

The Rams won 1 game in 2009, 7 in 2010, and 2 in 2011. Sorry, but it takes a colossal lack of talent and incompetence at coaching to win fewer than 3 games in 2 out of 3 seasons. They might be challenging for the #1 draft pick again in 2012 unless their FO gets its act together big time.

Cleveland won 5 games in 2009 and 2010, and only 4 this past season. Again, that's even worse than the Bills have managed over that period. They are, again, pretty pathetic.

Denver sandwiched a 4 win season between 2 8 win seasons, so its talent level is undoubtedly somewhat higher than the other two teams. For teams like the Rams and Cleveland, going 8-8 would be a pipedream. Tebow may have helped the Donkeys win early on, but his poor play down the stretch led directly to Denver losing 3 straight to end the season. Denver was and is a better team than either St Louis or Cleveland.

5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Have to ask you this, what was the reason for the Jet's "poor play" this year ?

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Wayne Hunter.

7. Demosthenes9

That's it ? Wayne Hunter was teh only problem for the Jets ?

8. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Okay, sweetpea, I'll play.

IMO, the big reason for the Jets going 8-8 was that Sanchez failed to step up. Plain and simple, he played like crap in 2011 because he can't read defenses.

However, replacing him with Timmie, who not only can't read defenses but can't even pass half as well, is going to be a disaster. Two of the Jets' AFCE opponents figured Timmie out last year, and the Fins might be lacking in talent, but not necessarily smarts.

Having some kind of dual QB system for up to a third of the offensive plays, OTOH, is going to be a disaster as well. That kind of gimmicky offense might work for a few games, but, again, somebody will figure it out, and all the rest of the teams will follow suit. The WC offense worked for Miami for a while in 2008 but now it's only used occasionally around the league.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wow you are pathetic.. like a broken record. You are worse than the Teblowers..

Everyone can see why you say Sanchez can't read defenses - its because that's about the only thing Fitzpatrick can do - He might be able to read D's but he can't throw, can't win games, and has looked like SHIT against the Jets so STFU. I'll take Sanchez over Fitz who will always be mediocre vs. Sanchez who has shown flashes of being the QB Fitz WISHES he could be.

Also, just because Fitzpatrick is smart and can read Defenses doesn't mean you know a damn thing about the QB position.. Because you DON'T know shit.

If anything, I wish Sanchez tried to read Defenses less and got the ball to Holmes more, even if he had to force it occasionally.

Isn't there a Carl Paladino rally at the Franklinville Moose hall that you should be at instead of spouting ridiculous shit on this board???

10. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

An argument could be made that the Broncos were actually the worst team before TT took over....

Over the span of 31 games prior to Tebow taking over last year, the Broncos were 7-24...That was the absolute worst record of all NFL teams over that span.

If one team was better than the other over that span it wasn't by much..all 3 of those teams sucked.

11. Demosthenes9

AH, ok, the Jet's had a bad year because Sanchez can't read defenses. Didn't have anything to do with the OC or playcalling ? The lack of a running game ? Having a sieve at RT and providing poor protection ? None of those had anything to do with it, huh ?

12. VanderbiltJets

I obviously left out a LOT of players (starting with Mulligan and ending with Holmes).

13. Demosthenes9

Were players the only problem ?

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

This kind of post is highly misleading. It implies, nearly shouts out, that the only variable in that period, (which by the way was a misleading choice in itself since the Broncos started out 2009 6-0, not such a bad team doing that), is bringing in Tebow.

We know even if you Tebots choose to leave out that there was a hell of a lot more going on in Denver, such as Dumveril being out all 2010, losing their premier RB right before the 10 season, Spygate II and the HC getting fired mid season, the 09 6-0 start went downhill in a three game span of losing to the Ravens and Steelers in successive weeks followed by losing Orton in the third such game. There were many other moving parts, too. Last but not least is if Tebow in fact was all it took to turn things around, then how come the Broncos lost four of their last five games? How come the team got rid of him this off season?

You guys are too much, but no one around here is fooled for a minute.

15. VanderbiltJets

Of course not

16. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Never in my post did I state that Tebow was resposible for the turnaround...Not sure where you conjured that from...In fact, I never even mentioned the turnaround in the first place.

All I stated was a fact...The Broncos had the worst record in the league over that 31 game span prior to Tebow...There were many factors that played in the Broncos turnaround last year, one of which was Tebow.

I do find it funny that your obvious distaste for Tebow can make you see things in a post that aren't even there, though....:lol:

#116 FakeSpike13, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You said

"Over the span of 31 games prior to Tebow taking over last year, the Broncos were 7-24"

If that was not about Tebow taking over, what was it about?

I have absolutely no personal distaste for Tebow whatsoever, except for his being too showy about his religion for my taste. WHich to me is more a matter of style and my own personal belief that God does not concern Himself about the outcome of football games. It's his fans claiming he is better than he really is, and on a more direct issue my own perception that he is NOT what the Jets need, and he will not be much help to them.

18. catfish

catfish New Member

I think the conversation was started by a disagreement between me and another poster about the relative roster strength of Cleveland, St. Louis and Denver. I think he was trying to argue roster strength by using the record where the variables in question(2nd year QBs) were not present...but I could be wrong, sorry for the headache

19. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Catfish has it right...Big Blocker jumped in to the middle of a conversation in which he had no idea what the context was...

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You do realize Tebow has said over and over and over that God does not concern himself with the outcome of football games and he only prays to have the strength to honor him in a loss as well as a defeat. Also he has been tebowing since high school, the media made it showy and a big deal.

Blame the media.

One of the main reasons his fans stick by him is that no matter how much tebow haters (not saying you are one) say he won't win and will fail, he continues to have a winning record as a starter at every level.

Tebow does seem to be the only athlete ever where the amount of wins his team gets when he is on the field (not saying its all him, its a team sport) do not matter but everything else does.