Vent/Whine/Complain about Tim Tebow here.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mantana Soss, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I understand the rationale I just think Tebow's a giant douchebag and didn't want him on my team.

2. bhav2k1

bhav2k1 Member

Manish Mehta‏ @TheJetsStream

Jets' don't have clearly defined role for Tebow yet. Will figure out in offseason. Source: "He is a winner no matter how you slice it." #nfl

3. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

This is a fucking joke. This is a fucking joke. This is a fucking joke. This is a fucking joke. This is a fucking joke. This is a fucking joke. This is a fucking joke. This is a fucking joke.

I still don't feel any better

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

HATE the move

1) It will destroy the locker-room with half of it wanting Sanchez to start and the other one Tebow.

2) It will destroy Sanchez. What kind of team that has faith in his QB do something like this? This is a big fuck you to Mark. And on top of that it's a big fuck you AFTER he signed an extension that will keep him around at least another 2 years.

Fuck Tanny, fuck Woody and fuck whoever thought this woud be a good idea. On Madden maybe... in real life it will fuck this team.

5. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

As always the "voice of reason" Don.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Trading away 2 draft picks in a year where the draft is crucial to our success next year when we already have 2 WC guys? Stupid. Plus I can't stand those ultra religious nut jobs

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

1) the locker room was already in shambles

2) Green Bay was trying to get him..do you think Rodgers would feel that way too?

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

At least the Jets will be relevent again. And now maybe Skip Bayless will like us :).

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

1) So who cares if things get worse!? The Jets had to stand 100% behind Sanchez and look what they did.

2) NO, because Rodgers is one of the best QBs in the NFL. Plus GB was never going to seriously try and get him...

10. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I fucking hate him as a football player and as a person.

My favorite team signed my least favorite player.

This sucks ass.

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Everyone hates the Jets already. Everyone hates Rex and his "big mouth," everyone hates Sanchez for whatever the reason, as my Raider fan friend so eloquently put it, "he's a good looking QB that gets a ton of pub and sucks."

They hate our bombast with Rex. They hate Bart Scott and others talking crap. They love watching us lose in the playoffs. They love watching us miss the playoffs entirely.

We're already a big story, just because of Rex. I thought we were going to calm it down a little after the way last year spiraled out of control, but this clearly shows we still are after the back pages.

I was originally going to say, "Let's rally around Tebow," but what is there really to rally around? He's going to be a backup QB.

Really, we need to rally around Sanchez. We need to not be totally swept up in Tebowmania if he scores a touchdown somehow out of Wildcat or if he throws one in some package that he's in. Because he will have some packages made for him. He has to. Otherwise, this trade makes even less sense.

Rally around our quarterback. If Sanchez throws an incomplete pass, we can't start WE WANT TEBOW chants. I'm sure some will, just because there are some Tebow lovers and some Sanchez haters out there.

This isn't bringing in a bad guy. Tebow is a great guy. He's a little to himself I'm sure because he's kind of in his own bubble, but he's a good guy who works hard. Out of the Wildcat, he can have a great impact. I'm not in love with using the Wildcat, but Tebow is a great guy to use it with and still have a passing threat.

Maybe they can make it work. Maybe they can't. But for a little more than a 4th, this is not a disaster.

The only thing that makes it a disaster is the media circus. Some of that is on us collectively. But most of it is on Sanchez.

If Sanchez plays well, and the Jets are winning, NOBODY WILL BE CLAMORING FOR TEBOW EXCEPT FOR A STUPID MINORITY THAT REALLY AREN'T JETS FANS ANYWAY. If Sanchez plays poorly, we have problems, and maybe Tebow can be groomed into a long-term answer at QB. Maybe he can't. Again, we drafted Bilal Powell in the 4th this year. We also drafted Brad Smith in the 4th. Tebow will play a somewhat similar role offensively, and he's still young where he can maybe improve as a QB and elsewhere.

I mean, who knows, there's still that faint chance that Tebow does become a star QB, figures out an effective way to get the ball down the field, and his intangibles, running ability, and ability to make big plays late in games make him the equal but opposite to Rex Ryan on offense, and we have a true ground and pound offense in the way Rex wants.

Most likely, we're just bringing in a media circus who will help us for a couple plays here and there offensively and maybe sell a few more PSLs and sell a lot more jerseys. He'll be a backup QB and an offensive spark on occasion if Sanchez works out. If Sanchez doesn't work out, we'll have had time to evaluate Tebow on whether or not we think he can be a full-time QB. Of course, that's if Woody doesn't demand Tebow is starting at that point.

12. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

How can you hate him as a person? Too goody goody, I'd imagine. I guess that can get on my nerves too.

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

If this is true, then this was a Woody move to sell PSL's and get media attention.

The Jets have serious needs at different positions. Why the hell would you divert your attention to bringing in a guy now, so you can figure out what to do with him later?

14. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

I loved following Tebow last year so I'm not gonna sit here and cry my eyes out about an acquisition that's not even all that bad. Mark will be able to take the heat NY sports fans are, have been, and always will be a bunch of stupid impatient assholes so regardless of the baggage it may bring I recall a time when there were people calling for Brunell and Clemens to start, the sky is not falling FA is not over this won't destroy and the team and considering the loudmouthed hype machine the Jets are don't whine like this hasn't before.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You don't think that ridiculous extension they gave Sanchez wasn't a sign that they are standing behind him 100%?

I don't think Sanchez is half as worried about this as half the people on this site are. He certainly wasn't last night when he was asked about it in California.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

A 4 and a 6? ?!?!? We're alreaday expecting several late round comp picks, and 12 draftees are NOT making the roster.

We got a 7 back, and we'll probably get at least one 6th as part of the comp picks, so we're basically talking about a 4th round pick, for a guy that Started and Took a team to the playoffs, after a 1-4 start by his predecessor.

Now, we know he's not being brought in to be the QB, but the point remains you've got a proven commodity for a 4th round pick.

Joe McKnight was a 4th, and had to be redshirted.

17. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I think he is a phony, hamming it up for the cameras.

This started with him bawling like a baby with the Gators. I hated Tebow before he played an NFL down. (Before it was cool):metal:

18. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Let's see, sign Sanchez to a long-term deal to bolster his confidence. Wait, bring in Tebow to destroy it. WTF! Pack your bags Rex, & Mr. T, you will both be gone.

My God, I do really miss Leon Hess.

19. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

If what Manish is saying is correct that's just dandy. Only the Jets would make a trade with no clearly defined role. Way to have a clear / precise plan (sarcasm). The problem is that you need your starting QB to be a winner. In football you don't use the word "winner" to describe any position other than starting QB.

20. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Filed to ESPN (1): Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade.