Vegas Speaks: Jets 2021 Win Total Over/Under 6

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 16, 2021.

1. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

This is the most absurd thing I have ever read! How can they project over / under's before the draft? We don't have an NFL caliber QB on our roster yet thank you JD / James Morgan. Talk to me in June or July after the draft and OTA's at least.

2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Assuming Wilson is the pick and a solid, if not spectacular draft, to along with a seemingly similar venture into FA - I see 5 wins at best. Most likely there's going to be growing pains with rookie HC/QB/OC. Another solid draft/FA gets this team to 8-9 wins in 2022. With a legit playoff run in 2023...

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It's Vegas, they had odds if Knowshon Moreno cry during the National Anthem, you can get odds on almost anything.

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Take the under.
    I do not see how anyone thinks we will win 7 games next year.
    Vegas will probably be right and the Jets will win 6 and nobody wins but the book.

jilozzo likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I feel like all these Under predictions must feel Adam Gase was not the problem in New York. Sam Darnold was not the problem. This team is terrible and will be terrible with a new Head Coach and QB. Plus many other upgrades. I disagree.

Look at these teams on the schedule:
    -Jacksonville
    -Cincinnati
    -Philadelphia
    -Houston
    -Denver
    -Atlanta
    -Carolina

All winnable games. That is 7 right there. I don't think the Jets are losing all 6 games against the AFC East this season either. That leaves the Colts (who knows how they will be with Carson Wentz), The Saints (without Drew Brees), The Titans (which is a home game) and the World Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers (tough, but a good test).

Maybe the Jets will only win 6 games or less, but that would be disappointing and discouraging.

BrowningNagle, vegaskarl and Brook! like this.
  6. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Not really. It's the coach's first year. If a 6-10 record is despite very solid play but with a team that still needs built, that's not discouraging. It means as the team builds, so will the wins.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

That's true. Team building and progress will be the main focus of 2021. If they are doing that, then (6-11) can look more optimistic. I just feel they will be better than people think. That would still be a 4 win improvement though.

Linebacker712 likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And totally realistic.

Yankjetfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

By speculating, getting action on both sides, gradually adjusting the line accordingly, and raking in millions of dollars in vig.

Losmeister likes this.
  10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Why do you thing Carolina is a winnable game?

11. The Dark Knight

It's a road game, but I think the Panthers have not shown anything to think they are unbeatable. They were 5-11 last year, but similar to the Jets, I expect them to improve in 2021. We still have a lot of team-building variables to go into each team before making predictions, but at the moment, I think that is a winnable game.

12. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

As long as you’re not a dumpster fire like we were last season, almost any game is winnable besides for the top few teams (and if fans I would argue away only). We beat the Rams and Browns last year with a pathetic squad.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

but the jets specialize in disappointment and discouragement so its 1k for now on the under. LOL

legler82 and The Dark Knight like this.
  14. The Dark Knight

Great point! I somehow always forget to factor that into my analysis. :confused::D

15. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya Member

Sam should be behind a real NFL O-line for the first time in his career. That should help his durability. Even after JD's rebuild of the Jets' O-line last season the Jets were the 29th ranked O-line in the NFL last year according to PFF. The Panthers by comparison were ranked 18th.

According to PFF here are the rankings of the O-Lines the Jets put in front of Darnold in his 3 years in New York

2018 25th
    2019 28th
    2020 29th

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17
    https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season
    https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-offensive-line-rankings

You can fairly knock Sam for some things but blaming him for not staying healthy behind the turnstiles Mccagnan and JD put out in front of him isn't one of them.

Brook! likes this.
  16. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

I would never make this bet this early. I always wait for draft, preseason games and the final roster. In my mind I had o/u line of 5 to 5.5 but that was before the 17th game was added. The coaching change alone is 3 more wins.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Carolina probably gets us if Darnold is healthy. The kid is gonna want to kick the Jets asses. But I suppose its a big 'IF' he's healthy

hopefully we get Cincy early in the year before Burrow gets 100%. Houston and Philly will be trash. They could be our only non-division wins

patleahy and The Dark Knight like this.
  18. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I think 6 wins is def within reach

Losmeister likes this.
  19. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

i'll bet the over for $50 to chosen charity if anyone wants the under

patleahy likes this.